2009 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

I think Lewis was really pushing the car, but because it isn't great yet, when you push too hard, it snaps. Heikki wasn't pushing as hard, and therefore had no problems of that kind.

Anyway, does anyone know how long it's been since Ferrari haven't scored a point in the opening three races? (That'd be you, vikirad :p)

Bad day all around for Trulli (that crash with Kubica from behind) and Sutil. Man, I cannot imagine the heartbreak that Sutil went through when the car hit the barrier. :(

Cast your mind back to when KIMI hit Sutil in Monaco when he was in fourth place. It just seems to happen. Although I think he would have been DSQ in that race for overtaking under yellows/SC.

Cast your mind back to when KIMI hit Sutil in Monaco when he was in fourth place. It just seems to happen. Although I think he would have been DSQ in that race for overtaking under yellows/SC.

I remember that. When Sutil crashed just now the first thing my mind ran to was that incident. :\

Same for me :S Today Sutil was probably pushing too hard with worn tires, that's why he lost it. Shame, Force India could've made Ferrari look even worse. Wonder what problems Ferrari had back in '81 when Pironi and Villeneuve were driving. My guess is reliability, the cars broke down a lot more often back in the old days.

really happy for vettel and webber, they deserve it.

brawn in 3rd and 4th isnt bad in the conditions. overall very satisfied

once again adrian newey can sit at home with a warm feeling inside... he's back at his best re car design

and thats without a DDD, if they get one of those and who knows if KERS will ever get adopted properly RB would be the ones to beat. but Brawn are still the force to contend with IMO, their car just isnt quite as good in the wet as it is in the dry.... and thats likely just down to lack of testing in the wet.

oh boy.... :cry:

I don't know if I can stand to watch anymore races, man what a disaster for Ferrari. I mean wtf?

Last edited:
I guess there will be no point in watching 'til Barcelona. I'll see you guys then.

I'm upset by the performance Williams has shown so far this season. It's really frustrating because the car is good enough to finish in the points with both drivers every race, yet the team has scored only 3.5 points - less than Renault, McLaren, BMW, even less than STR... :(

I'm upset by the performance Williams has shown so far this season. It's really frustrating because the car is good enough to finish in the points with both drivers every race, yet the team has scored only 3.5 points - less than Renault, McLaren, BMW, even less than STR... :(

I know what you mean, they appear to have all the ingredients but they just can't seem to nail down a result unless it's a free practice where it doesn't count. Time is running out as well, Red Bull and McLaren are only going to get stronger, and we have Renault, Toyota and Ferrari (I guess they'll get it right eventually) right up there as well.

Great result for Red Bull Racing, so delighted to see Vettel and Webber get the result they deserve. Pity it wasn't Webber to bring home the victory but it doesn't matter how it comes. Devon must've exploded with delight I'm sure :D

They still have the new diffuser to come yet so that car should only get better and better and I think they'll take out a few more victories before season end. Vettel is the obvious choice for driver of the race.

Solid race for the Brawns as well, not quite on the Red Bull pace in the wet conditions so third and fourth places will add nicely to the points tally.

BMW and Ferrari were hopeless, although Massa appeared to be lapping quite well before his car stopped. I think the pace is there in the Ferrari, although they're nowhere near the front runners, and even McLaren look to have caught them up. Reliability still an obvious concern, but the car still looked like a real handful for Raikkonen at times, so clearly there's a lot of work to do with the balance. As for BMW, hrmm...Kubica was struggling, although he did last year too, so maybe he just doesnt like the circuit. Does anyone know if they merely disarmed his KERS or removed it completely? It would have quite an impact having a lot of dead weight from an inactive KERS system, and Kubica is no lightweight anyway.

Still, Flavio Briatore remains my clown of the race. Making those idiotic comments pre-race for one, and for continuing to retain Nelson Piquet who is so clearly out of his depth. I know they like making Alonso look good, but come on, enough's enough.

One word though - rain, lets see what happens in Europe with no rain and a bit more development time for the big boys and the new diffusers.

I agree about Williams as well, they just need to get their act together IN A RACE.

whoo good race - coulthard really did look like he was going to cry with all his mates and team on the podium. :cry:

kimi seems not just now, but usually bad in the rain, taking it very cautious regardless of the car. He really stink on the those brakes.. he definitely could have picked up some points, got more heat into his brakes and tires if he was a bit more aggressive with them. But thats just a bystander point of view.

go redbull! great form~! wonder if they had it all along, and just couldnt show it. We need a dry race now, haha itll be funny if it rains in Bahrain. Rained in Qatar for MotoGp.. so I wouldnt be surprised.

Poor Trulli, that was a hard shunt. :(

McLaren: Great progress this whole weekend, better parts - better results
Hamilton: pleasure to watch him as he pushes the car every lap. He's always overtaking, no matter what car he'll be in ) Sadly pushing too hard results in spins, 4. In yesterdays quali sessions you could see how the car went on 3 wheels during some corners. I suspect this suspension setup caused his spins. Its almost always the same corner with high curb you have to go over. Overall good result considering the spins but just imaging what it would have been like without the spins.
Heikki: very impressive, his grid position wasn't as great but unlike ever his race pace was brilliant. Didnt make a mistake, very consistant. Almost got the forth place.)

I bet Hamilton would've gotten 4th if he didn't push as hard. Good race overall and congratulations to Red Bull.

once again adrian newey can sit at home with a warm feeling inside... he's back at his best re car design

and thats without a DDD, if they get one of those and who knows if KERS will ever get adopted properly RB would be the ones to beat. but Brawn are still the force to contend with IMO, their car just isnt quite as good in the wet as it is in the dry.... and thats likely just down to lack of testing in the wet.

It was Brawn vs. Newey when they were at Ferrari & McLaren and they continue to domniate F1 even with smaller budgets :bow: