2009 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

^Thanx alot!!

I like Croft's and Ant's commentary

I like Croft's and Ant's commentary

Anthony Davidson is better at commentating than driving a F1 car. : p

Huzzah! Streaming is working for me tonight. Good internet. *pats* you get a treat.

Which tyres did the Ferraris set the 2nd and 3rd times on?

Sigh...now that I know my internets are being gut tonight, I'm really tempted to watch quali live...but my sister wants me to wait til she gets back from her dinner so I'll have to wait.

FP3 Result :

1. Glock

2. Massa

3. Rosberg

4. Goldenboy

5. Kimi

Sigh...now that I know my internets are being gut tonight, I'm really tempted to watch quali live...but my sister wants me to wait til she gets back from her dinner so I'll have to wait.

?? Quali is in 2 hour's time.

Last edited:
Which tyres did the Ferraris set the 2nd and 3rd times on?

Kimi did it on super softs and Massa did it on the hards.

P2 and P5 for Ferrari, this session, not bad. But it was a simulated quali run, so we'll have to wait and see. KERS is definitely useful on a track like Sakhir.

Last edited:
Cross fingers and toes, hope it all goes well.

Wonder what went wrong for Glock, what luck to have his car have problems right before qualifying.

Kinda weird seeing the 2 Brawns in 15th and 16th.

?? Quali is in 2 hour's time.

Yeah...my sister will still be out then, so I won't be allowed to watch it live. In Australia it's delayed be 2 or 3 hours so hopefully she'll be home before it's on the telly.

Yeah...my sister will still be out then, so I won't be allowed to watch it live. In Australia it's delayed be 2 or 3 hours so hopefully she'll be home before it's on the telly.

Beat her with a stick!!! :mrgreen:

why can't you watch quali if she is not around?

Cross fingers and toes, hope it all goes well.

Wonder what went wrong for Glock, what luck to have his car have problems right before qualifying.

Kinda weird seeing the 2 Brawns in 15th and 16th.

Dead engine.

hopefully they won't have to change it, since it implies a 10place penalty drop.

I think we are going to see a very interesting quali.

why can't you watch quali if she is not around?

I think its beeing called considerate or something. Don't quite understand the concept myself.

Yeah, Brawn is hiding something, but I'm bot sure if it's enough for pole...

I'm hoping McLaren can get onto the third row and then race to a possible podium...

Yeah, Brawn is hiding something, but I'm bot sure if it's enough for pole...

I'm hoping McLaren can get onto the third row and then race to a possible podium...

They are looking very strong, at least much better than Ferrari.

They might get in the front row if they run low on fuel, and on supersoft tyres. But I think Ferrari might do the same, just to get some points for the race.

EDIT : Results from F1.com

Timo Glock put Toyota at the top of the times in Saturday morning's final practice sessions in Sakhir , lapping his TF109 in 1m 32.605s before rolling to a halt out on the circuit with an undisclosed problem.

Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen were much happier with their Ferraris after overnight set-up changes, the Brazilian lapping in 1m 32.728s for second fastest time, the Finn 1m 32.986s for fifth. Between them sat Nico Rosberg for Williams in 1m 32.906s and Lewis Hamilton for McLaren in 1m 32.975s.

Nelson Piquet also showed a big improvement with sixth fastest time for Renault of 1m 33.176s, and Robert Kubica said he was happier with his BMW Sauber which he wheeled round in 1m 33.195s for seventh. Williams' Kazuki Nakajima (1m 33.302s), Toyota's Jarno Trulli (1m 33.397s) and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld (1m 33.415s) completed the top 10. However, the times right down to Giancarlo Fisichella in 19th place on 1m 33.962s for Force India were so tight that tiny improvements could have yielded many places.

Sebastian Vettel was 11th for Red Bull with 1m 33.443s, from McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen (1m 33.478s), Renault's Fernando Alonso (1m 33.482s), Force India's Adrian Sutil (1m 33.534s), the Brawns of Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello (1m 33.586s and 1m 33.686s respectively), Sebastien Buemi's Toro Rosso (1m 33.720s) and Mark Webber's Red Bull (1m 33.726s).

Right at the back, Sebastien Bourdais was a second adrift of Fisichella with 1m 34.990s for Toro Rosso.

Again, some were clearly running different programmes to others, but the real picture will finally emerge in the first two qualifying sessions.

Last edited: