MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

Wainwright was in far too long last game, and that kind of ruined what was an exceptional outing for him. What a nice fifth inning, though. :yes:

Pretty good chance of rain later in the day, it's been cloudy and humid all day. Storms are light though, should be able to get the game in. Whappeh's in FL, btw. :p

Blah, well forgive me for thinking that a CWS fan lives in Chicago :p.

Congrats Pujols! :dance:

Have you guys seen the Sox-Yankmees score? 16-11 in the 8th, feels like a football game.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen the Sox-Yankmees score? 16-11 in the 8th, feels like a football game.

I'm just glad AJ Burnett got smashed.

Argh....guess our pitching injuries are finally catching up to us. Hopefully a visit from the Doc will salvage the series for us tomorrow.

How confident are you feeling in Contreras? I think that's the real question.

I have total faith everything... which is excessively rewarding half the time, and life endingly tragic the other half.

BREWERS!!!! :dance:

I was on my way back home from Duluth, so for once I had a chance to listen to Uecker and That Guy They Hired to Replace Jim Powell.

Ueck's call during the epic 8th inning (where Pudge and Cooper got tossed and the Houston fans were on the verge of killing the umpire to death) damn near made me drive off the road in fits of laughter.

The game wasn't that bad; it could have gone both ways.
But thank goodness it went the way of the Beermakers. :D

Sweet! Good grind-out win for the Blue Jays to keep their series win streak going. Doc wasn't his sharpest today, but got the job done. It's gonna be a real tough series going into KC where none of the pitching matchups favor us, especially the game vs. Greinke.

BTW Whappeh, please explain to me WTF that 'thing' is on Bobby Jenks' face. Jesus...

I'm actually glad I took a nap instead of watching the game today. Jesus.