MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

Whappeh: why the trip to Africa?

Also the Rays sure do have the Sox by the balls, we just can't get anything going against them lately.

Well, the Bulls are out of it, so it's all Cubs from here on out. :p

Lilly's one of, if not the most underrated left hander in the league today; great game, great double. Cubs need to start hitting consistently, but the giant is slowly waking up. :D Lou told Theriot to start driving the ball more with men on base... Theriot has 2 HRs and 6 RBIs the last 2 games! Hopefully, he doesn't go crazy with his newfound power and pretend he's Hanley, but it's obviously great to see.

Carl Crawford with 6 steals today :shock:

Just got back from Toronto after spending a weekend there and attending all three games of the Jay's/O's series. Good the see the guys sweep and beat teams that they should be beating, unlike previous seasons. Go Jays!

Today was Ryan Braun Bobblehead Day.
In true bobblehead giveaway fashion, Ryan Braun was out due to back issues. :lol:

The game wasn't that bad; back to back homers, Rickie Weeks taking out Tom Gordon (that's at least four players now crippled by the Brewers), and some guy I never heard of with the game-winning RBI.

So happy the Phillies are on a road trip. Its been raining in and around Philadelphia for a few days and its gonna continue until Thursday. I can't take any more rain outs. I need baseball in my life dammit.

So happy the Phillies are on a road trip. Its been raining in and around Philadelphia for a few days and its gonna continue until Thursday. I can't take any more rain outs. I need baseball in my life dammit.

Playing in domes FTW!

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4137345&name=levine

Carlos Zambrano will be put on the disabled list with a mid-grade strain of his left hamstring. According to team sources, the early prognosis is 2-3 weeks on the injury.

The Cubs have recalled switch-hitting infielder Bobby Scales from Triple-A Iowa.

Manager Lou Piniella said that his pitcher for Friday in Milwaukee will be right-hander Randy Wells who also will be called up from Triple-A Iowa.
Another light-hitting infielder and a mediocre righty. Our system is pathetic. :(

I don't want to get started, but domes in baseball are sacrilege. Football as well, but that's neither here nor there. :p

Couldn't agree more. There needs to be more day games as well, but that's an argument for a different day.

Baseball should only be played outdoors. With the exception of maybe the few stadiums that have retractable roofs, snow and 105 degree temperatures with 100% humidity have no place IMO.

I had left my cars radio on the Mariner's radio station. I hopped in after a test in Marketing to be greeted to the following

*car start noises*
"Griffey out of the line up tonight with an infected colon"
*Que?*

They couldn't just say he's sick?

-My boy, Marmol, is unhittable.
-My other boy, Greinke, just destroyed the dirty White Sox.
-Ankiel just slammed his head into the wall and had to be carted off the field. Looked very bad. I'm not a fan for more reasons than I can list, but I hope he's alright.

My God that was a scary moment for Ankiel, head first into the wall at a pretty good clip:blink:.