Good surprise for a top gear fan...

ealexan3

My brother is coming to visit me from the States in late May and he is obsessed with Top Gear. Its his birthday and graduation so I wanted to surprise him and take him somewhere Top Gear related or get him a really good present. Any suggestions?

Thanks

My brother is coming to visit me from the States in late May and he is obsessed with Top Gear. Its his birthday and graduation so I wanted to surprise him and take him somewhere Top Gear related or get him a really good present. Any suggestions?

Thanks

first of all, saying where you *live* is helpful if you want suggestions on interesting places to take him.

Download all the series included Jeremy/James things for him?

EDIT: Uuhhm.....

Last edited:
Assuming you're in the UK what about a long weekend on the Isle of Man?

Oh sorry I'm in Leeds, but we are probably spending some time in London and traveling

If you live in Southern Vietnam why dont you buy a couple of bikes and try to drive to the north :lol: just kidding

I'd probably try to get tickets, or the Isle of Man as Mineworksfine said... also there's a drive up north where they tested the XK

TG Junk at Beaulieu Museum

* ducks *

Alright, alright, not junk but sacred holy relics of TG fandom. :p

I was going to suggest going to see this.

I'm afraid your chance at actual TG filming tickets are non-existent.

There's lots of merchandise, though. I believe you can get a Top Gear cake with the Stig on it.

Possible gift ideas include a magazine subscription (bit dull), there's Top Gear scalextrix somewhere...

Join twitter and stalk the boys wherever they're filming. Or, yeah, Isle of Man in the fastest car you can find.

If you're in Leeds, take him to the Humber Bridge.
That's a no-brainer.

If you're in Leeds, take him to the Humber Bridge.
That's a no-brainer.

wtf?? Thats like 60 miles away and anyway it's not that nice. He should rather consider the TT which is one on that time or a tour around the nice dealerships in London.

wtf?? Thats like 60 miles away and anyway it's not that nice. He should rather consider the TT which is one on that time or a tour around the nice dealerships in London.

with you on that, the Humber Bridge
? .. is like the Golden Gate in San Francisco, only bigger.? (JC)

If you are in London, you could go to Dunsfold near Guilford.
Not much to see, but as you are close by. :)
(And if you brother is really nuts, the Basingstoke Shopping Mall also nearby. Fiesta vs. 'Vette :rolleyes:)

Edit: Thx to Darthbane22
note to self: dont post at midnight

Last edited:

If you are in London, you could go to Dunsfold near Guilford.
Not much to see, but as you are close by. :)
(And if you brother is really nuts, the Basingstoke Shopping Mall also nearby. Fiesta vs. Viper :rolleyes:)

*AHEM*

Corvette :mrgreen:

I didn't find it that impressive, but what are you going to do after you came there?? Go to Hull?? :lol: It's quite pointless to drive there and then drive back again. :rolleyes: Unless you have a nice car for the journey.

Please don't tell me that you work in the travel industry.

I WORK IN THE TRAVEL INDU.... oh, wait, no I don't.

What I do know is that most North Americans have absolutely no concept of huge engineering projects like the Humber Bridge. The simple fact of the matter is that anyone who's seen Clarkson's RR Phantom or James May's Alfa 159 reviews, and has a hankering for architecture, will want to see it.

And to the person who whined about it being 60 miles away.... what's your point? The guy is asking for ideas about Top Gear-related places to go. If he isn't willing to drive for 50 minutes, then that's his choice, but it's really not that far. Surely, all the other interesting places featured on Top Gear are quite a bit further away.... or they're only interesting if you're into scenery.... I mean, there's the A15 (which is just south of the Humber Bridge), which Hammond drove in his Mustang review in Series 5.... great, a straight road, Americans don't need to see that. A trip across the Yorkshire Dales on the A684?