Top Gear Coffee Table - Almost done!!

72SSAbody

Car(s)
Terminator, Chevelle, SVO, Fox Mustang, 1125R & X1
Thought I would give an update on the progress of my TG coffee table.

Enjoy the pictures! Steve Jobs' camera phone sucks - so blame him for the bad pics ;)

Attachments

• CoffeeTable.jpg
    CoffeeTable.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 61
  • CoffeeTableII.jpg
    CoffeeTableII.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 67
  • CoffeeTableIII.jpg
    CoffeeTableIII.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 61
Looks good. I don't know if I'd trust that glass with anything somewhat heavy near the edges though, all the support looks too far inward to me.

Not bad looking - next you need to install the lighting kit. :D

:thumbsup: What's left to do?

:thumbsup: What's left to do?

"Glue" the top down to the machined aluminum standoffs. Gotta find something suitable for the load that will be placed on the table.

Everyone, so far, thinks it "fits me." I must say I agree.

Its been fun!

That's so rad! I love it. I'm a bit Jelous. Although i'm about to make a racing seat computer chair, so that makes me happy.

Wow, nice job. Looks very good.

How in teh world can you move that thing? It looks like it weights at least 300 lbs.

Is it aluminum by chance?

Unlike GM's boat anchors, Jaguar's V12 is all-aluminum. :D Go check your Camaro thread already.

Not bad looking - next you need to install the lighting kit. :D

yes, put some small maybe blue LED inside the block so the light just kinda comes out in the background inside the block. that is a great project.

you should sell these, id buy one!

I don't know if I'd trust that glass with anything somewhat heavy near the edges though, all the support looks too far inward to me.

I was thinking the same... Could it break, crack or something if you put too much weight on the edge of the glass? Some extra support for it might be good.

And some LED:s would look great in the cylinders... :D

All in all, it's starting to look great!

Here's a finnish version, with few less cylinders, but with some manly fuel in them :D
http://koti.kapsi.fi/anemin/kuvei/kamppa/tv_ja_poyta.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate the rounded corners and the beveled edges of the glass. Nice touch that makes it look less homemade.

For extra support a little further from the center, could rods be inserted in the head hold holes that fan outwards and touch the underside of the glass with some sort of "cap" on them? Not sure If I'm explaining it right...

Last edited:
That is one odd looking open deck design. I've never seen the bores sit so far down in the block.

Unlike GM's boat anchors, Jaguar's V12 is all-aluminum. :D Go check your Camaro thread already.

And yet it still manages to weigh as much as GM's iron boat anchors :p