2009 Le Mans/LMS/ALMS Thread

so do I grab a nap for 2 hours or do I man up and stay awake?

Damn I couldn't hear my clock... Oh well. Thanks for the updates Hazardous.

It looks like it is raining, and it was in the same condition that the Pugs car broke down last year.

But a disaster for Audi that the turbo is overheating. Audi should be the perfect team and have the perfect car, and then that happened. But the extra 30 kg are not fun as well.

And the 008 is out running again.

What's wrong with that Ferrari?

Last edited:
Oh, and good morning Karoug

18 hours done, six to go.

P1
The gap between the leading Peugeots has grown slightly because Montagny handed the car over to Sarrazin while Brabs still continues in the leading Peugeot. The gap is now about 1 minute 50 seconds. The #1 is holding position two laps behind the leaders but is not gaining on the top two and without Peugeots self destructing the hopes for Audi victory are looking bleak. #007 Aston remains the top petrol runner on fourth place while the Oreca Malmut is now on secure fifth place after the Pescarolo Judd which was right on it's tail hit trouble. The brave two-man Kolles Audi #14 is now on sixth just ahead of the Speedy Racing Lola Aston Martin which made a quick trip to gravel trap and lost some time there. The Pescarolo Judd is now on eighth, the #7 Peugeot on ninth and one of the fastest cars on the circuit and #15 Kolles Audi rounds up the top ten.

P2
Business as usual in P2, Essex still leads over Navi Team Goh with Speedy Racing Lola on third and the RML Lola on fourth.

GT1
All calm here as well, the factory Corvettes are making steady progress in front with the gap between them remaining at just over one minute. #73 Alphand Aventures Corvette is holding third and the #66 Jetalliance Aston Martin is still running on fourth place.

GT2
Risi still holds the class lead but behind the JMW Ferrari hit clutch trouble and ended up in the escape road for a while before making it back to the pits and as a result dropped to fourth place. The BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari inherited second place and Imsa Performance Porsche moved up to third.

Turbo/intercooler again for Audi?:(

When does the rain come?

I checked like 5 weather reports early in the race and 4 of them said rain was coming in the morning. Maybe RLM was right when they questioned the local weather station.

Would be nice with some rain to cool the Audi down

The two factory Corvettes are very close

Kristensen looked like he was about to cry in the SPEED interview.

I could hear big disappointment in his voice in Radio Le Mans interview.

One of the Aston Martins (#008?) has gone off into the tyre barriers.

Shit 007 is in the gravel trap

They're saying it's 009?