2009 Le Mans/LMS/ALMS Thread

worst case scenario for Audi

Why do you think that? The rain might shuffle things up and give them a chance, without that they have no chance unless both Peugeots hit trouble in the last five hours.

edit: this was a response to Bodypaint's post

Why do you think that? The rain might shuffle things up and give them a chance, without that they have no chance unless both Peugeots hit trouble in the last five hours.

edit: this was a response to Bodypaint's post

Because Capello said that the new rules and the extra 30 kg made the car very unsecure which is the worst thing for a racedriver. If it begins to rain it will be even more unsecure, but it could be a good thing: The turbo could be cooled down. But the R15 was made like the perfect car, and then those extra 30 kg just destroyed the neutral balance.

Weather forecasts say that the rain is coming, but is unlikely to go on for more than 30-40 minutes.

And I missed a lot of the drama during the night and last afternoon.

Right, time to make an hourly update and try and make sense of all that. God help me :lol:

P1
Apparently the safety car played once again to the hands of the #9 Peugeot which extended it's lead to 1:45 through all that, while the #1 Audi with Allan McNish now at the wheel is now two laps behind. #007 maintains fourth five laps behind the Audi the Oreca Malmut car is on secure fifth and the Speedy Racing Lola Aston Martin on sixth having just passed the two man #14 Kolles Audi for position. The Pescarolo Judd is on eighth, the #7 Peugeot on ninth and after the mishap for the #15 Kolles it holds 10th in P1 and 11th place overall as the Team Essex Porsche has gone past it in the overall standings.

P2
No changes here, Team Essex Porsche maintains the lead and as has made it to top ten overall, Navi Team Goh holds the second place and the Speedy Racing Lola remains on third place.

GT1
We have a lead change! The safety car brought the cars together and Olivier Beretta snatched the lead from Antonio Garcia. The cars are moving on together and if there's one team in which team members fight against each other that's the Corvette team. Should provide some interesting stuff for the rest of the race.

GT2
No dramas here, the gaps are big enough so that the safety cars did not have an effect on the standings. #82 Risi Competizione Ferrari still leads by two laps over the BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari and Imsa Performance Porsche. The gaps are in minutes so no major changes for top positions are expected.

Good morning Vikirad

Because Capello said that the new rules and the extra 30 kg made the car very unsecure which is the worst thing for a racedriver. If it begins to rain it will be even more unsecure, but it could be a good thing: The turbo could be cooled down. But the R15 was made like the perfect car, and then those extra 30 kg just destroyed the neutral balance.

I'm fairly sure the same applies to the Peugeot as well, though. And the Peugeots have usually struggled in wet conditions.

Danish TV just had a word with Christian Bakkerud's father, who passed the word from the engineers on the #15 car that it was a broken suspension. Apparently Albers had an incident earlier and it had gotten progressively worse since then before it finally snapped.

Someone was smoking

Was that the engine or tyre? There's an awful lot of smoke

Was that the engine or tyre? There's an awful lot of smoke
it was the Ferrari's tire, it came off

EDIT: oh sorry tyre :)

Good morning Vikirad

I'm fairly sure the same applies to the Peugeot as well, though. And the Peugeots have usually struggled in wet conditions.

Yes, but the R15 is a completely new car, the pug is 3 years old, but when that is said, I hope that McNish can control it and like last year, Pug had trobles in rain and Audi won.

Can't believe I have managed to stay awake, I only had 4 hours of sleep before the race.

Corvette battle begins