do you wear shoes in your home?

do you wear shoes in your home?

• Total voters
I generally take my shoes off at the door and walk around in my socks for the most part. I'm allergic to pollen and I don't want to track it all over my house.

I'll wear shoes, slippers, or nothing depending on the mood and my lazyness.

I've got a question regarding this topic:

What the hell is it with Americans and carpet ? There isn't a single right minded person here who would have carpet floors even if they had a gun pointed at them.

And especially people who have carpet AND walk around the house with their shoes on...that is about the same as having your front lawn inside your home, the sanitation levels would be about the same.

Why ? Why on earth would you have carpet floors....I just don't get it and neither does anyone else living in these parts of the world.

being European, it's take off your damn shoes for me. But when having a visit of friends or family people here try say, "no no no you don't need to take your shoes off" but they always do.

But I've spent a year with a host family in northern California and nobody took off their shoes there..

I've got a question regarding this topic:

What the hell is it with Americans and carpet ? There isn't a single right minded person here who would have carpet floors even if they had a gun pointed at them.

And especially people who have carpet AND walk around the house with their shoes on...that is about the same as having your front lawn inside your home, the sanitation levels would be about the same.

Why ? Why on earth would you have carpet floors....I just don't get it and neither does anyone else living in these parts of the world.

Carpet is more comfortable to walk on and it deadens sound. Also, it really isn't that hard to clean you know :p. And in my house it is only in the rooms (for quiet+not being cold when you wake up).

Anyways, I mostly go barefoot in my house and most visitors naturally take their shoes off here. That is especially true now that it is hot and people want to cool off.

I guess they only sell mops/brooms in Finland? No need for a vacuum with no carpet.

bare feet in the house ftw

except when you step on bits of glass... but thats what flip flops are for

Yes. Unless my shoes are wet or have animal shit on the bottom of them, then I leave them at the door.

Shoes get worn to the laundry door, and then I change to slippers in Winter or bare feet in Summer. I walk around paddocks and other less than desirable places during the day. The footwell in the car is bad enough. No way is it getting tracked into the house.

No. I'm inside, what do I need shoes for? And the house stays cleaner that way.

As for guests - if they ask the question, I'll ask them to take their shoes off if they don't mind, but I'm not going to force them to.

Apart from an apartment I rented in Toronto where the sidewalk was cleaner than the interior, I'd never wear shoes indoors!

The only reason I don't keep my shoes on in the house is because it's un-comfy. If someone comes in with their shoes on I wouldn't particularly notice and be like "Omg..They have shoes on!!"...
E.g. If we got a cream carpet, I wouldn't let people in there with shoes on in case it got dirty, but that's it.
When I went to China and did an exchange in someones house, I found it peculiar that they took me out to buy a pair of rubber indoor shoes..
That.

Question: those couple people who do wear shoes at home and take them off before bed, do you get up in the morning and put your shoes on or do you just never take them off after you come home? :canadian:

I just remembered (read: experienced) one of the main reasons I wear shoes indoors. We have lots of furniture, which wins a fight with your toes every time, unless you're wearing shoes. Size 14 feet come with drawbacks.

Never have them on in the house; always pout them on in the lobby or kitchen then walk out.

Don't like dirt in my house or in my car actually.

I almost always take my shoes off. unless I`m just going in quickly or somthing.

Most people I know are the same way.