[16x03] June 22nd, 2009

[16x03] June 22nd, 2009

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Just watched it, well apart from the first part because I was coming home from work, but overall I really enjoyed it. There seemed to be less of Tim which was a bonus.

They also had another decent 'celebrity' on too (in my opinion anyway), Ross Noble, an improv legend, that was actually good to watch.

Finally the Italian Job bit, great driving from the Tiff, Jason and Vicky, good to see them driving the MINI's onto the back of the lorry, and if I'm honest, Vicky, who is not always that attractive was looking rather good in this one ;)

A good solid 9 because there wasn't actually anything too wrong with this one.

check your link

it keeps taking me to Top Gear - Season 1, Episode 3 - November 3rd, 2002
Because the link is currently invalid (the page doesn't exist yet).

I usually don't make the page until I release the episode. I went ahead and made it now though.

I enjoyed this ep. Vicki was back and wasn't that annoying. Less of Tim but his bit was intresting.
However, I would have liked to see more of the Boxster and the Z4!!

Hmm, that Jemma (Jenna?) chick is a hottie. <3 Very girl next door.

This series is shaping up to be very entertaining. Nothing to fault here, Ross Noble was fun, interesting to see how the Z4 held up against the Boxster S and I was surprisingly happy to see Vicki back. It seems to me that they're not trying to cram everyone into every show and the result is less packed and more watchable. Nicely done.

And next week's show looks like fun!

Nice show this week, the guest was bereble and the Italian Job was quite fun. The thing with Toyota MR 2 in French is funny, didn`t knew about that

I'd say average show. Not brilliant bits but also none bad.

During the drift test with Porsche and Bimmer, I do believe Jason drove straight through the boxes instead of drifting through them and then they call it valid??

Italian Job stunts were good, but missed something....

Looking forwards to next week. I was missing challenges between Wookie and Astro Boy...

Its a good solid effort from fifth gear. Really I am a bit disappointed that Top Gear is headed towards just entertainment. I think car reviews should be a big chunk, so from this perspective I have started to like fifth gear. The presenters have improved a lot and there is no more Vicky screaming. :)

Shootout : Boxster vs. BMW Z4 Tiff & Jason ? quite interesting, win for the Boxster but I don?t resally care much for ether, so not much for me here. Good in-car / on car shots though.

Celeb: Ross Noble with Dougie Lampkin the guy who can make a motorbike do anything. This was good fun, if a bit rushed. Ross seemed to go from crap to genius real quick. In the end he looks a really good rider, way better than VBH or Tiff.

Scrappage Tim: Good information for the general public, ?Count Quint-ualr? was doing this ?go round the car deals and beat the crap outta them? thing years & years ago.

Cheapskate Alternative MR2 Jonny: MR2 instead of a Boxtser, and look lie a cheapskate cock - pass! Quite enjoyed it, even though I dont like MR2?s much either. (obviously)

Italian Job 40th anniversary Tiff Jason & VBH: Very good, if slightly pointless, film. Nice driving by all three probably made it look too easy, which I doubt if it was such.

Enjoyed the show gave it a 7

I didn't get the French MR2 joke :?
The Toyota is called the MR2.
In English this is pronounced eM-aaaaRH-tooo
The French word for shit is merde
In French the MR2 is pronounced eM-eRR-Deuh, phonetically la meme-chose as merde. :lol:

An 8... solid ep... Fifth Gear have been pretty good this series so far. Strange that Vicki's taking such a backseat, though not being the biggest VBH fan, perhaps it is not such a bad thing.

Last edited:
Was great to see Vicki back on the proper tv show rather than 'web tv'. Thought the Italian Job recreation was good but it could have been a bit longer. Tiff and Jason were great as always, wanted jason in the BMW to win but the Porsche deserved it. Still loving Johnny's cheapskate feature, it's much better than most 'look how affordable this car is now' features because these ones are actually cheap enough that I could buy them! Can't wait to see what he'll have in the coming weeks. Overall, good show, best of series so far.
(P.S. Great to see Mr. Swift, he's brilliant)

very down to earth content..nothing epic!! a bit boring!! but still better than TG aussie, no match with the TOP GEAR

very down to earth content..nothing epic!! a bit boring!! but still better than TG aussie, no match with the TOP GEAR

TG aussie is pretty good actually, and Top Gear doesnt do much factual informative car stuff anymore, so FG and TG can't be compared anymore, they are different shows for different purposes. That's like saying an expensive brand italian leather loafer is better than an extensive brand sport shoe.

Overall I gave it a 7,

The Dogfight was good fun, The scrappage bit was interesting but didnt reveal anything new, who doesn't know that the car companys are other huge discounts to move cars? Toms 308CC bit was alright, but comparing it to the vw is silly. As similar as the cars specs may seem, they are for completly different buyers. The 370z and the trials were good but nothing special. And was I the only one to find the italian job piece boring?