High Performance Police Cars

yes, no need to freak so chill, are you a cop?

Listen, i am in a line of work that requires me, like a policeman, to be as professional as possible at all times. now, while i am sitting at a light i sometimes rev my motor, cop next to me or not. my position also requires me to be extremely aware of my surroundings at all times, so im trained to take in as much information as i can about what is going on around me...all the time. now, with that said, even if the plate said that in bold or not, maybe he just didnt see the plate when he pulled up next to it. even then, it is that officers DUTY to be professional and not "rev" his motor back, even if that car was trying to provoke him. as soon as the officer revved his motor, he was WRONG.

on another note, and i have had people in many cases check into this law, there is NOTHING in the books that says you cant gun it from the light. its legal as long as you avoid 3 main things

1) once you reach the speed limit, end it there
2) dont break traction, its considdered reckless driving
3) dont jump lanes.

if you keep it clean, there is NO law anywhere that says you cant go from 0-45 in 2.3 seconds if its a 45 mph zone. so, in conclusion, that driver should fight it. if not for the fact that he was provoked, then because the officer performed in a manor that is unbecoming and unprofessional. i have nothing against Police, but, according to the story you gave us, this one was wrong.

I didn't give you the story. Jebjeb did.

Also, yes, there was a law in Texas banning such acceleration. The offenses were "excessive acceleration" and "exhibition of acceleration." Both were on the books until 9/1/03.

This sounds like it happened recently, so it actually falls under our new street racing statutes.

Last edited:
I didn't give you the story. Jebjeb did.

Also, yes, there was a law in Texas banning such acceleration. The offenses were "excessive acceleration" and "exhibition of acceleration." Both were on the books until 9/1/03.

This sounds like it happened recently, so it actually falls under our new street racing statutes.

do you agree on the professinalism (i cant spell) of the officer? thats my point.

my bad for quating the wrong person (+1 to you cuz i screwed up)

do you agree on the professinalism (i cant spell) of the officer? thats my point.

my bad for quating the wrong person (+1 to you cuz i screwed up)

It's tough to say... it's legal for an officer to impersonate a prostitute and then proceed to entrap someone for solicitation, so you could argue that by extension an officer revving his engine to incite someone to race is legal as well.

yes, true, and a great point. i have no argument for that...

on second thought, you seem to know what you are talking about as far as.........nevermind, just kidding :D

i think this may be the first time i have seen a police car in this country that was NOT an american car. i mean other that scattered confiscated Ferarri's and other supercars, this was bought by the NYPD for the sole purpose of being a police "cruiser". that just kills me. NYC is claiming to be the "most american city" with all thier "patriots and international flavor" and they drive Nissan police cars? yet another reason not to visit that city. its not to long before the LAPD or the San Fran PD are in Prius's.

actually, if you actually looked at the reason behind the NYPD buying these Nissans instead of just making false generalizations, you would know that the mayor enacted a plan to reduce the emissions and carbon footprint of police cruisers in NYC. In order to put the plan in place, they decided to buy hybrid sedans. Unfortunately, Ford, GM, nor Chrysler make any true hybrid sedans. I say true hybrid sedans because the Chevy Malibu is a "light" hybrid. And the Ford Fusion hybrid is hecho en M?xico, so thats not American.

Also, interesting to note that ALL Nissan Altimas are built in either Tennessee or Mississippi.;)

actually, if you actually looked at the reason behind the NYPD buying these Nissans instead of just making false generalizations, you would know that the mayor enacted a plan to reduce the emissions and carbon footprint of police cruisers in NYC. In order to put the plan in place, they decided to buy hybrid sedans. Unfortunately, Ford, GM, nor Chrysler make any true hybrid sedans. I say true hybrid sedans because the Chevy Malibu is a "light" hybrid. And the Ford Fusion hybrid is hecho en M?xico, so thats not American.

Also, interesting to note that ALL Nissan Altimas are built in either Tennessee or Mississippi.;)
its all good, still erks me though.

on another note, and i have had people in many cases check into this law, there is NOTHING in the books that says you cant gun it from the light. its legal as long as you avoid 3 main things

1) once you reach the speed limit, end it there
2) dont break traction, its considdered reckless driving
3) dont jump lanes.

if you keep it clean, there is NO law anywhere that says you cant go from 0-45 in 2.3 seconds if its a 45 mph zone. so, in conclusion, that driver should fight it. if not for the fact that he was provoked, then because the officer performed in a manor that is unbecoming and unprofessional. i have nothing against Police, but, according to the story you gave us, this one was wrong.

Actually like Spectre said it is illegal to accelerate in such a mannor. In Texas the law is not to protect its citizens but to allow the Police to harrass and fleece the public for money in the form of traffic citations. I have infact been pulled over for accelerating too quickly. I wasn't racing, wasn't being a dumb young male in a sports car and I wasn't TRYING to go fast. I just accelerated and he pulled me over and not only asked me why he pulled me over but went on to write me a F*king ticket for "exhibition of acceleration". I didn't spin the tires, did not speed and did not even get close to the redline.

If you go 0-45mph in a 45mph zone in 2.3s here in Plano (or the DFW metroplex in general) and a cop is within visual range you WILL get pulled over and you WILL at the least get a warning or harrassed. Especially if you are in a sports car.

Actually like Spectre said it is illegal to accelerate in such a mannor. In Texas the law is not to protect its citizens but to allow the Police to harrass and fleece the public for money in the form of traffic citations. I have infact been pulled over for accelerating too quickly. I wasn't racing, wasn't being a dumb young male in a sports car and I wasn't TRYING to go fast. I just accelerated and he pulled me over and not only asked me why he pulled me over but went on to write me a F*king ticket for "exhibition of acceleration". I didn't spin the tires, did not speed and did not even get close to the redline.

If you go 0-45mph in a 45mph zone in 2.3s here in Plano (or the DFW metroplex in general) and a cop is within visual range you WILL get pulled over and you WILL at the least get a warning or harrassed. Especially if you are in a sports car.

it must be a local thing, i never have that problem here in Tampa. on a number of occasions i have not only looked at the cop in the car next to me at the light and smiled and revved my engine (they usually smile back cuz they get the joke), but, i almost always speed away from a light and i never even get a finger pointing. only once have i had a cop say anything to me about it, he followed me to a gas station that i was turning into and said "take it easy.........nice car" lol. i was like F*&^ YEA! again, i guess its just local. who knows. i did have a neighbor of mine, who was off duty at the time, say that he has more important things to worry about than some guy speeding between lights. he then explained what he looks for, hence the 3 things i explained earlier.

it must be a local thing, i never have that problem here in Tampa. on a number of occasions i have not only looked at the cop in the car next to me at the light and smiled and revved my engine (they usually smile back cuz they get the joke), but, i almost always speed away from a light and i never even get a finger pointing. only once have i had a cop say anything to me about it, he followed me to a gas station that i was turning into and said "take it easy.........nice car" lol. i was like F*&^ YEA! again, i guess its just local. who knows. i did have a neighbor of mine, who was off duty at the time, say that he has more important things to worry about than some guy speeding between lights. he then explained what he looks for, hence the 3 things i explained earlier.

I would definitely say local. I hear tampa has a large racing scene, and as long as no one is getting killed, they don't mind it too much. Case in point: at a car show here, someone exited the gas station doing a huge burnout with cops right next to him. nothing happened.

But then again, in so cal, I have heard of times where people were ticketed with something like "attempting to accelerate to 100" or something.

yea, i had a very little "drag race" with a new Challenger about a week ago. we were both waiting to turn right at a red light and i was behind him, as soon as we turned it was on. lasted all of 5 seconds and we both just smiled and went our seperate ways. as i looked in the rear view mirror, i saw a deputy sitting at the light behind us. nothing happened. now, keep in mind, if i hit my gas pedal hard, my car is far from quiet, so, its not like he maybe wasnt looking as im pretty sure he heard us and looked up. i live like 3 minutes away from that point, so, i drove home kinda quickly just in case, but, like i said, nothing. its nice to see that.

My brother is does that count? in G-town(locals will know it)

He is not the asshole type unless you do something very bad... he dosnt pull you over unless you are dui,over by 30+.
But if he does pull you over better f'in stop. He is the type that will get out and run your a$$ down

Last edited:

QUOTE]
My brother is does that count?

no, because you didnt get my point. and, to be honest, i could really care less about starting some my di$# is bigger than yours argument about who we are or whom we know.

Is it really time for another one of these already? This time we didn't even make it off the first page before the teenagers started posting publicity Lambos and Vipers.

Woah, wait a second, for a moment then I thought you were implying that THIS:

http://img411.imageshack.**/img411/9613/woaheck.jpg

Is in fact an unrealistic depiction of the Metropolitain Police Force.

Woah, wait a second, for a moment then I thought you were implying that THIS:

http://img411.imageshack.**/img411/9613/woaheck.jpg

Is in fact an unrealistic depiction of the Metropolitain Police Force.

Of course! Ken Bloc would never be a part of the police

The flying Lambos are all real. I've seen them:lol:

You just have to be like half the ricers on the road and put the wing on upside down.

Isn't the Crown Vic technically a foreign car? :)

(The Nissan plant is near by. They also make Titans, which are nice.)

You just have to be like half the ricers on the road and put the wing on upside down.

cop story time.

Well, there were two ricers at the light at the end of McHenry before it turns to country road. In the turning lane, there was an accord, and in the lane going straight, there was a civic with a "vtec" vinyl on the side. The accord gave the signal, so when the light turned green, the accord made a u turn, and the civic tried to make a u turn from the straight lane and almost succeeded. Unfortunately, 3/4 into his turn, he realized he was facing a highway patrol at the cross street. He tried to pull it off and go straight (in the direction that the cop was coming from), but he just gave in and pulled over before the highway patrol's lights even turned on.

Smart on his part. I dont get why people try and run. The odds of getting away are close to 0 and when you do get caught you are adding several years to what ever you might get. And most of the time its for something stupid like no registration or out standing tickets. There was a chase in Dallas today and he didnt get away either.

Not to mention that even if it is something more serious, you stand a pretty good chance of getting off if you hire the right lawyer - whereas you have a nearly zero percent chance of getting away from the cops on the road.

You don't fight your tickets on the side of the road. You fight them in the courtroom. And you'll quite often win in that case.