Lens Flair

More rear ends from Mustangs.....:lol:

IMG_0044-1.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2009/06/30/downtownyvrskyline.jpg

How would I go about making this better? It looks blurry and gross if it's any bigger than the version posted above... I really love urban night time shots but I can't manage to get any better.

Custom WB using cool FL light source. Very little post

3675185920_3fc4dcc389_o.jpg

I am thoroughly amazed and I am thankful I had the patience to wait this long. :)

200/2L IS USM :D

The 200/2L IS is a wonderful lens. Bit on the heavy side, though.

2cc7za.jpg

playing around with the new 55-200 :)

How would I go about making this better? It looks blurry and gross if it's any bigger than the version posted above... I really love urban night time shots but I can't manage to get any better.

No exif on your picture so I don't know what you did, but one thing I learned from photographing fireworks and a bit of other night time shooting is that even though you think you want a wide open aperture (it's dark, you want more light, it seems to make sense), what you actually want when you're taking pictures of lights at night is to use a smaller aperture. Big apertures make lights bleed a lot and get big and ugly; small apertures make the lights small and crisp. In any case, nice photo.

i really wish i didn't accidentaly delete the picture of this car that had the whole front end in it but i cant go back and fix that now
Eye_Catching_by_20smoke20.jpg

No exif on your picture so I don't know what you did, but one thing I learned from photographing fireworks and a bit of other night time shooting is that even though you think you want a wide open aperture (it's dark, you want more light, it seems to make sense), what you actually want when you're taking pictures of lights at night is to use a smaller aperture. Big apertures make lights bleed a lot and get big and ugly; small apertures make the lights small and crisp. In any case, nice photo.

Thanks for the insight.

That shot was taken at f/11... I guess I could've gone smaller but from experience I know I still wouldn't be satisfied.

I'm guessing this is just the limitations of my gear? That skyline is probably about 4km away so I guess I can't ask more of a 35mm lens? I mean it's not totally out of focus but when I zoom in on the full size version to 100% it doesn't look nice.

DoN, shame that you dont have a pic of Latvala driving like a 110-year-old granny.... with serious cataract

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2009/06/30/2449_resized.jpg

First of a few pics from my recent China trip - this is from Mount Hua, people buy golden locks and attach them to chains on the side of the mountain for good fortune and prosperity.

Mount Hua? As in Hua Shan in Shaanxi? I was born in that area, and my parents used to tell me all these crazy stories about how they used to trek up that mountain in the dark with their friends and how they knew people that fell to their deaths because the paths up the mountain were so shoddy and dangerous. When I head back there this August, I'm definitely making a trip to Hua Shan.