67 Mustang heart transplant surgery in progress...

I've got a pretty decent crimper you can borrow. Get the ratcheting type, they make life easier. :D

Don't forget to bundle and loom wires.

Is the kick panel going to fit there with the fuse box there? I have an outside vent system there so I'm not familiar with the fitment on your car.

And what sort of crimper do you have? Some of them are just junk.

Yea the kick panel fits, I checked it before I drilled the holes. I've got a Klein tools crimper I got from the home depot. This one here:

mediamydoitbestcomimagerequestaspxsku317853&size2&warehouseC&newsize200.jpg

Man those floor pans are ghetto.

Haha, yea well you know they're even worse than they appear in those pictures. I need to get some photos with my finger sticking through the floor. Haha.

I've got a pretty decent crimper you can borrow. Get the ratcheting type, they make life easier. :D

Don't forget to bundle and loom wires.

Thanks for the offer I think I might go and price them this week. I bundled the wires after the picture and routed them all nice and neatly. This weekend I'll have some more pics.

Harbor Freight's got an inexpensive but decent ratcheting crimper. Those Klein Tools ones are ok as to build quality, but they can be annoyingly hard to use.

Got a question regarding grounding. Is it best to use a particular fastener to make a ground? I know you should make sure the surfaces are clean and there is good metal to metal contact.

I'm also wondering where I should ground my MSD. My initial thought was to ground it on one of the starter to bellhousing bolts. That seem like a good place?

So long as your battery is grounded to the chassis, you should can just ground to the chassis. You want to avoid grounding near electric motors like the starter because of the EMI/RFI that they generate.

So long as your battery is grounded to the chassis, you should can just ground to the chassis. You want to avoid grounding near electric motors like the starter because of the EMI/RFI that they generate.

Thats what I figured. As far as ground screws go do you use anything special or just use what ever?

Nothing special, though I make sure it's clean and apply conductive anti-seize. I also often use stainless steel to reduce corrosion as well as galvanic erosion.

Updates from this weekend. Only got to put in about a half day worth of work for the weekend but still got a decent bit done.

Here's a cleaned up passengers footwall with a majority of the wiring done. The fuse box looks pretty discreet I think and should look better once the kick panel is back in. I loomed all the wires running to the terminal block in that black sock thingy. The large red wire is going to the trunk to hook up to the battery. Pink wire runs to a relay for switched power hidden behind the center console. The purple and green wires wrapped in the black casing hanging down on the right are the leads for the MSD to distrirbutor which I have yet to route. The wires on the left side are all from my MSD box (coil leads, 12V, ground) and then there is a 12V lead coming off that hidden relay going to the solenoid.

DSC_0499.jpg

This is a view behind the console where I have my relay.

DSC_0498.jpg

View of wires from the fuse box running to the terminal block

DSC_0500-1.jpg

DSC_0501-1.jpg

Shot of the engine bay a some of the wiring done

DSC_0502-1.jpg

DSC_0503-1.jpg

Also a shot of the MSD in its final position

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

Not much major work to be done, just the little stuff. Little stuff always takes awhile too. I have just about everything I need except for a battery. My battery relocation kit came in on friday so I gotta mount that.

All in all if I could have 2 solid weekends of work I think I can have it up and running. Problem is getting that time :mrgreen:

So wheres the main battery wire going to the starter solenoid? Hopefully it's not going to be either of those two small red ones, they aren't nearly big enough.

I think those are his taps to take power inside, not power from the battery.

Havent gotten it run/mounted yet. I'm trying to get all the wiring in place before I put the battery wiring in, why? I don't know, lol. I'm using 1 gauge for the battery cable.

Cool, sounds good then. Good luck finishing the wiring. Given good weather tomorrow I'm going to replace the gas tank and fuel sender in mine.

Sounds sweet. I wish my car and I were living in the same location, I'd be done now most likely if that were the case. All this little stuff could be sorted out during the weekdays after I get off work. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I'm getting close to getting ready to start it and was wondering what kind of oil should I use at first? I've heard start with non-synthetic and then switch at some point. Supposedly it was rebuilt before I got it, which looks like it is possibly true considering it's been bored .030 over. Estimated mileage would have been around 100k if there wasn't a recent rebuild.

Recommendations from anyone?

I'm just curious if your setup includes EFI or a Carburetor? I think the Ford 302 V8 had both, depending on the year and variant.

I'm just curious if your setup includes EFI or a Carburetor? I think the Ford 302 V8 had both, depending on the year and variant.

From the first page.

Its going to be carbed, the intake thats on there is my GT40 lower that I was going to put on my 91 coupe.

Yea like argatoga said its gonna be carbed. I may one day switch to EFI when my skillz get better but for now I like the nostalgia of a carburetor in a 60s car.

01-1.jpg

Pic I just took.