Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The Kangoo: I love the way they didn't quite make it all central. Yes, everything has a blue tint on it, and yes those plastics are worse than they look. And the gearlever is too far away. And the seats are too upright. But there is plenty of headroom :p
2610lf8.jpg
... and as one can see, you can lose half your belongings in the cabin ... :D

Have driven the Kangoo, found the interiour quality appalling ... but on the practical side of things (as value for money too) ... they are brilliant cars.

but on the practical side of things (as value for money too) ... they are brilliant cars.

You do get a lot of space, yes. And it isn't that bad to drive. Also - we have the shelf thing in ours, which is full of random crap too :p

Washed the car today, treated the paint with old paint reviver/cleaner, and now it's got a coat of gold 'Glym hardening on it. It's almost 11pm here, and I'm going to wait until it's polishable and shine it; if I wait until morning, it's going to be covered in pollen. The neighbours already seem to question my sanity with the car, so I've got nothing to lose. "Tending to your loved one, eh?" one asked today when I was prepping it with a micro fiber cloth. "Sure." :cool:

got my car MOTd on the first run :dances:

good for another year!

Oh my gawd its impossible to find a manual volvo 780 in the states. I have 2 years to find one (I get a car to take to college my third year of college). I have my mind set on a volvo 780 now instead of the normal E36, civic, camry, or accord.

Might have to compromise with a volvo 850 turbo. I have plenty of time to look.

You have no chance of finding a stock Volvo 850 Turbo with a manual transmission. They never imported those here.

If you start visiting the various Volvo forums, you might be able to buy one with a swapped manual transmission (the m56) and they run pretty good.

You have no chance of finding a stock Volvo 850 Turbo with a manual transmission. They never imported those here.

If you start visiting the various Volvo forums, you might be able to buy one with a swapped manual transmission (the m56) and they run pretty good.
I figured. I've seen two 780's in my life, both within the past month. One was the "tuned" one that I posted. That had a manual transmission in it, but it was clearly not stock. The other one was a slightly beater one, clearly stock, with an auto that did not look fun at all.

*c-class interor discussion*

First of all, the W204 looks a lot worse inside in person than from pics, and it's the beige/black combo interior that I was in. My point isn't that it's terribly repulsive, but it is horrible compared to the W203 or W202's interior.

The W203 had two different interiors, the latter being more filled with plastic. It doesn't have rippled leather on the doors (my parents' M-Class does though :yucky:).

Last edited:
Fueled up the car to the brim today. I'm going to see if I can beat my personal range record of 620km before refueling. I've tried before but eventually the right foot gets bored and the mileage drops, however seeing as I get to drive in new vehicles all day at work I should be able to take it easy on the gas pedal once I get into my own car.

Washed the car today, treated the paint with old paint reviver/cleaner, and now it's got a coat of gold 'Glym hardening on it. It's almost 11pm here, and I'm going to wait until it's polishable and shine it; if I wait until morning, it's going to be covered in pollen. The neighbours already seem to question my sanity with the car, so I've got nothing to lose. "Tending to your loved one, eh?" one asked today when I was prepping it with a micro fiber cloth. "Sure." :cool:

I was up till 3 am making speaker brackets (outside with several different power tools, ofcourse :)) and painting the grille. Test fitment tomorrow. Also going to ring the "inspectors" to see if I can reserve a time for an MOT check, my current one ran out on tuesday.:(

So, it got dark as I waited, and even if it's now light again, the car's moist from dew. So it's waitin' time again. Maybe I should catch some zzz:s.

My parts bike collection mission got rescheduled for tomorrow, so I guess I'll go swap out that last dodgy injector on the S3 and then try to get a timing curve.

I need some medical advice. Which pills make you forget the interior of a W204 C-class, and which pills will prevent you from becoming nauseous every time you get in one? I need prescription immediately.

It's a fairly common drug known as actually sitting in a car and deciding if you like the interior before you buy it.

I need some medical advice. Which pills make you forget the interior of a W204 C-class, and which pills will prevent you from becoming nauseous every time you get in one? I need prescription immediately.

800px-Jaguar_XJ_.jpg

Unfortunately it is a suppository

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to argatoga again.

:lol::lol::lol:

I do know that every time I pile into a Jaguar - a real, proper Jaguar - I forget all about what the C-class interiors look like. :D Being surrounded by acres of dead tree (that looks like dead tree, not plastic) and dead cow (which feels like dead cow and not dead nauga) does tend to do that. :D

Last edited:
I do know that every time I pile into a Jaguar - a real, proper Jaguar - I forget all about what the C-class interiors look like. :D Being surrounded by acres of dead tree (that looks like dead tree, not plastic) and dead cow (which feels like dead cow and not dead nauga) does tend to do that. :D

That's quite a lot of suppositories. :tease:

Hey watch what car you talk about...

The W204 C-Class interior is crap.

The W203 pre-facelift interior is nice. Better than the X-type with its half Jag, half Ford mixture.

2cr0uoz.jpg

This is good (for era).

600px-2007_Mercedes-Benz_C300_Avantgarde_(W204)_interior_01.jpg

This, not so much.

It's a fairly common drug known as actually sitting in a car and deciding if you like the interior before you buy it.
Didn't buy it. It was a loaner car from dealer. I think the designer should have sat in it before he produced it.

Last edited:
Hey watch what car you talk about...

The W204 C-Class interior is crap.

The W203 pre-facelift interior is nice. Better than the X-type with its half Jag, half Ford mixture.

The X-Type isn't a Jaguar, it's a Ford with a Jag bodykit. Notice I said "proper" Jaguars, which disqualifies the X-Type.

And the W201 interior is much better for its era than either of those two.

The X-Type isn't a Jaguar, it's a Ford with a Jag bodykit. Notice I said "proper" Jaguars, which disqualifies the X-Type.

And the W201 interior is much better for its era than either of those two.

I don't disagree, but the X-Type is the only comparable car with a Jag badge.

This is how you do an interior for a ~$30K car.
http://img21.imageshack.**/img21/1705/2007volvos6051600x0wx.jpg

Seats are comfortable; dials look good and are easy to read; the steering wheel feels good and has the controls where your fingers will be; the stereo couldn't be simpler to use; if you put your arm on the handbrake then your hand will be on the a/c controls, so you never really have to look down while driving at all; everything feels high quality and well put together. Plus I think it looks pretty good overall, ours has the wood trim and I drive it every day and I have no complaints about the interior.