VW Scirocco in Live for Speed

I'm with Henry. I like to see other updates to the game before adding more cars.

https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2008/08/18/vw_sci2.jpg

I also posted this, I wonder what moron will believe me.

jayhawk said:
It's a fake...sort of. Only German LFS players will get to use the Scriocco. For the rest of the world, it will be locked until S4 comes out, around the time you care more about adult diapers than cars.

While people in Germany will get this version, the rest of the world will get either a G-Wiz or a Prius, because Becky Rose insisted on that, as it will "reduce our virtual carbon footprint".

So in short, blame her.

Wow, what a bad driver and what a bad setup (gamewise). Yu don't even see the arms ;-)

I love the Scirocco, so this should be good... Maybe I gotta go to the GC after all...?

Yeah, LFS should pursue more real cars. It's free advertising and LFS gets more fun.

I will seriously consider buying LFS if a few more production cars pop up. I've got a G25 and it needs some good use..
You should seriously consider it anyway :)
If a car exist in real life or not doesn't really make any difference on how it drives in the game or how much fun it is to race it.

You should seriously consider it anyway :)
If a car exist in real life or not doesn't really make any difference on how it drives in the game or how much fun it is to race it.

agreed :)

Wow, what a bad driver and what a bad setup (gamewise). Yu don't even see the arms ;-)

i drive without the arms and the steering wheel shown in game, since i've got my own in front of me :p.
not having the arms shown is probably just a preference.

Yeah, LFS should pursue more real cars. It's free advertising and LFS gets more fun.
it's not normally easy to get a free "real" car for game makers, which is why they've only had, including this new one, 5 real cars. as usual, it's expensive to get a license to use a real car, and would probably increase the price of the game, though i'd pay it.

Steeringwheel and arms here, just a personal preference.. maybe due to mouse racing? :p (btw, config stays the same with wheel)
Anyway, and just like Geeman I can't be bothered if its a real car or not.

I somehow like the idea of "real cars". IMHO the game has had an extra air of quality since the better interiors came out.
Also, if they do it right, they can make money from that. Remember BMW supposedly sprung like 10 Mill for M3challenge? They could hire additional guys (or outsource) to do the car(s) and do the core stuff themselves...

Damn, it's been almost 7 months since the devs said that its going to be postponed and released in early 2009.

What's going on? :(

we'll probably be driving the Scirocco in NFS: Shift and other games before LFS.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1209559#post1209559
Scawen said:
NOTE : I cleaned up the spam. For anyone who wants to know what on earth I am doing fixing test patch bugs while we are waiting for the Scirocco, I have for some weeks been working on things which have a bearing on the Scirocco and LFS in general. I don't want to announce what I have been working on until the results are good enough that we know it will be released. I took a week out to fix some bugs of various importance, to keep the bug sheet down.
That is the latest news. I have no idea if that means that the Scirocco is far away or coming soon.