2010 Jaguar XJ Pictures Leaked

Now that is a very flattering angle for that car. I do miss the quad headlights though; even BMW stuck with them in the Bangle era.

no no there are 4 headlights the second set are closer in under the scallop just like they were in the c-xf.

Well, if you do wanna know, you can bother Quiky about it... he banned somebody before for falsely signing their reps.
Goddamnit, I told people to STOP bugging me about rep issues, or I ban the COMPLAINER.

I'm still not convinced that I really like the new XJ's "me too" styling. Having that said, I would love to see one in person before I make any final comments on this car's styling.

Good to see someone else understands what me and Spectre are on about (Though Spectre hasn't posted here in a while now).

I do have to sleep and conduct business sometime. :D

Yes, an I understand this car isn't exactly what the enthusiasts want, but will Jaguar care? To the accountant, the car that is more popular and sells more will be the winner, not the one that wins many enthusiasts but without anyone buying. Like BMW, the enthusiasts were clearly not happy when they saw the E60 5 series and E65 7 series, but they sold very well.

The E65 had the sales drop off so fast after the initial batch of fools that they had to bring the restyle to market four years early.

Who knows, though? Maybe it will sell. But who cares? Jaguars are bought; Not sold... They're going to have to sell the hell out of this thing and baby, that ain't cool.

Bingo. Jaguars are supposed to more or less sell themselves and not require much promotion at all.

On the other hand, Jaguar has always been a bit of a niche product anyway; there is only a certain percentage of people that will consider or want a Jaguar in the first place. Trying to go mass market and compete for the sales numbers of BMW or Mercedes has been a losing proposition for Jaguar for the past 50 years.

Jaguar is a lot like Rolls, but at lower price points and perhaps two or three times the production volume. ~15-30K cars per year is about their max and they really shouldn't try for more.

I'm curious though, how many of you who are steadfast in your resolve that changing the XJ is sacrilege were willing to buy a new XJ? Not this model but the outgoing version. The problem is it wasn't selling, because the market it is aimed at requires that the car be more modern in appearance and the people that did want one weren't buying because they either already had the old XJ which was nearly exactly the same car, or they decided upon something else after looking at its competitors.

Actually, the X351, the outgoing model with the "Cars" movie-like restyle and the XJR's mesh grille on all cars (which pisses off people like me with XJRs) wasn't selling because the Callum restyle was awful and made all the cars look boy-racerish. The X350, the pre-restyle car, wasn't bad and it sold fairly well despite some screw ups by Callum. The 351 restyle was a flop.

Of course, the X300/X308 cars were a screaming success for Jaguar. It is worth noting that the X308 sold more cars in its last full year than it is estimated the X351 will.

Last edited:
I'm too disgusted to watch.

Besides, if Ian Callum is making excuses for the rear of the car, I'm pretty sure the rest is hideous.

Edit: Okay, I'm watching it anyway.

They're having LENO present it? I think less of him now.

Last edited:
Leno started by reminding us of how unreliable Jags have been... Yeah... not a good idea.

Spokesdroid: "The new XK... has won the hearts of people all over" - funny, the sales numbers don't show that.

Bingo. Jaguars are supposed to more or less sell themselves and not require much promotion at all.

On the other hand, Jaguar has always been a bit of a niche product anyway; there is only a certain percentage of people that will consider or want a Jaguar in the first place. Trying to go mass market and compete for the sales numbers of BMW or Mercedes has been a losing proposition for Jaguar for the past 50 years.

Jaguar is a lot like Rolls, but at lower price points and perhaps two or three times the production volume. ~15-30K cars per year is about their max and they really shouldn't try for more.

That really worked well for Jag, constantly being operated at a loss and generally being known for their refusal to enter this century. Jaguar is meant to offer the interesting alternative to the mainstream, but you can only take that so far before your company fails.

Actually, the X351, the outgoing model with the "Cars" movie-like restyle and the XJR's mesh grille on all cars (which pisses off people like me with XJRs) wasn't selling because the Callum restyle was awful and made all the cars look boy-racerish. The X350, the pre-restyle car, wasn't bad and it sold fairly well despite some screw ups by Callum. The 351 restyle was a flop.

Of course, the X300/X308 cars were a screaming success for Jaguar. It is worth noting that the X308 sold more cars in its last full year than it is estimated the X351 will.

The outgoing model is the X358, the X351 is the new car... Regardless, the XJ just hasn't done well enough over the past 15 years no matter how you look at it.

Er, no. The X351 is the outgoing car. The new one is the X358 (iirc).

In addition, Jaguar was actually profitable from 83-88. It was the "new style" XJ40 that ruined that, and then Ford's massive mismanagement that precluded further profits.

Video - yeah, it's just as bad as pictured. It's awful.

I'm sure they're all thinking "oh dear" about the car.

And the biggest selling point is the "Bowles and Wilkins 20 speaker 1200 watt" audio system?????????

Er, no. The X351 is the outgoing car. The new one is the X358 (iirc).

Want to put money on that? :)

In addition, Jaguar was actually profitable from 83-88. It was the "new style" XJ40 that ruined that, and then Ford's massive mismanagement that precluded further profits.

It's easy to blame Ford but the sales were never good as the old guard at Jag refused to change...

I can understand up to eight or so, sometimes your vehicle's cabin needs "fill".

But twenty? They're trying to outgadget Mercedes and the S-class here. The last time Jaguar did that, we got the massive FAIL that was the XJ40.

I don't understand why you'd need more than 5 speakers in the confined space of a car

Because if you look at most home-audio speakers, they actually have multiple speakers built into one unit sold as a single speaker. You can only reach so much of the frequency range with a given speaker type, so that's why you use multiples.