Fiat launches special edition 500 Abarth Competizione

A7XFan22

As Jezza would say, "SWEEEEEEEEEEET!"

Source: Autoblog
Written By: Noah Joesph

Cars may be getting smaller, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily getting cheaper. As if to prove that point, Fiat has thumbed its nose at the Tata Nano with a special 500 that packs a big price tag in a small package.

Commemorating the first anniversary of Abarth's return to the Dutch market, Fiat's performance division has launched this special-edition 500 Abarth Competizione. It costs nearly $35k and only ten will be made available for exclusive consumption in Holland. The ?3,000 premium (nearly $4,200 USD) over the stock 500 Abarth gets enthusiastic buyers a special little hot hatch with a black roof, black 17-inch alloys and matching black graphics, along with special bucket seats inside. The 500 Abarth Competizione also comes equipped with sat-nav, air-con and a premium audio system. Although the Competizione edition packs the 135hp turbo four, buyers can always upgrade with the 160hp EsseEsse kit. For a premium, of course.

fiat-500-abarth-2.jpg

fiat-500-abarth-1.jpg

fiat-500-abarth-3.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/g/gm/gman333xferrari/2009/07/15/motivator8b6fa4bc6e1b7c28bd49f25abf5627fe1294b1a4.jpg

I quite like it, though I'd want more red bits on it, like normal Abarth has.

So it's a different color and only for the Dutch? That's not news.

No. This.

abarth-fiat-500-assetto-corse.jpg

That's good if you've got another car for day to day driving, but otherwise, it's useless. It's not road-legal, it's a pure track car, and that sort of spoils the point. It's a hot hatch, and they should be able to do everything: Haul kids to school in comfort, do shopping, and then let you have some fun. That will only do fun, and only if you're on a track.

Sweet I get to use one of my motivators. :D

motivator7cd9ed87bf20084ca0cd78be4f.jpg

And the question is: will it understeer? :eek:
Or rather, will it catch fire like a real Lamborghini (Gallardo)?

That's good if you've got another car for day to day driving, but otherwise, it's useless. It's not road-legal, it's a pure track car, and that sort of spoils the point. It's a hot hatch, and they should be able to do everything: Haul kids to school in comfort, do shopping, and then let you have some fun. That will only do fun, and only if you're on a track.

Competizione.

It's nice, but I prefer the Abarth 500 Ferrari Edition I saw the other day.
3620851170_68d679de55.jpg

3620064627_93aee1e29c.jpg

"I'm a Scuderia, really I am!"

Last edited: