More Camaro issues. This time the transmission.

I prefer the V6, thank you very much. :p IMHO it sounds better than the V8, and has none of that silly pushrod nonsense.;)

I prefer the V6, thank you very much. :p IMHO it sounds better than the V8, and has none of that silly pushrod nonsense.;)

Did you know that the HFV6 in the Camaro is only 10lbs lighter than the SS's LS3? The LS3 also has a lower CG, which is better no matter how you look at it. And the best part is that you'll only see a 1-2mpg difference between them despite the fact that the SS is naturally heavier due to equipment and the LS3 having 130hp more. ;)

I just can't see any reason other than initial cost to not go for an SS model.

Also, for every non-V8 Camaro, an angel is sodomised with another angel's head.

Forum is 2nd declension neuter. So the nominative and accusative plural would be fora and foris would be used for ablative and dative. The use of the word is in the accusative plural so it's fora.

He could have been talking about a door :p.

Guys, you cant argue with him, he's a glorified troll. I'm sick of it and this forum is no better with another big argument/GM bashing thread, just ignore it and it will go away.

Guys, you cant argue with him, he's a glorified troll. I'm sick of it and this forum is no better with another big argument/GM bashing thread, just ignore it and it will go away.

I really don't care about whether or not his mind can be changed, I care about the fact that his misinformation may give people the wrong idea.

Yes, it is hard to argue with facts. :D

By the way, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Nobody is forcing you to read my (or anyone else's) posts.

I really don't care about whether or not his mind can be changed, I care about the fact that his misinformation may give people the wrong idea.

Except it's not misinformation - others have commented about the same issue as well, such as (IIRC) Ezbok. And all the F-body forums I've seen appear to back up my point of view.

Except it's not misinformation - others have commented about the same issue as well, such as (IIRC) Ezbok. And all the F-body forums I've seen appear to back up my point of view.

Let me ask you a question. Are you capable of acting without bias in regards to GM?

Let me ask you a question. Are you capable of acting without bias in regards to GM?

Yes, and I've given credit where it is due (if you'd bother to read some of my prior posts, especially when the new CTS was introduced) - but I also bash when it is called for.

I bash Ford and Jaguar when I feel that's needed. See the latest X-Type thread, where everyone had a pretty good idea of my reaction. :D I should also point out that I had actually attempted to buy a GTO whey they were out as well.

Not getting criticized and getting a free pass from potential buyers is what got the Former Big Three into the situation they are in now.

Last edited:
Yes, and I've given credit where it is due (if you'd bother to read some of my prior posts, especially when the new CTS was introduced) - but I also bash when it is called for.

I bash Ford and Jaguar when I feel that's needed. See the latest X-Type thread, where everyone had a pretty good idea of my reaction. :D I should also point out that I had actually attempted to buy a GTO whey they were out as well.

Not getting criticized and getting a free pass from potential buyers is what got the Former Big Three into the situation they are in now.

i've seen you criticize GM for faults that are common amongst many manufacturers, and yet when they are brought up nary a word is spoken about it. I know we all like to think we don't have personal biases but to the rest of us yours is pretty clear.

Most everyone has criticized the American GM offerings for the past while now, especially automotive publications so I'm not really sure why you feel they've been getting a free pass. I don't particularly like GM, or most current car manufacturers for that matter, but am more than willing to admit they got some things right.

i've seen you criticize GM for faults that are common amongst many manufacturers, and yet when they are brought up nary a word is spoken about it. I know we all like to think we don't have personal biases but to the rest of us yours is pretty clear.

Since you have made the assertion, pray back it up. [citation needed]

Most everyone has criticized the American GM offerings for the past while now, especially automotive publications so I'm not really sure why you feel they've been getting a free pass. I don't particularly like GM, or most current car manufacturers for that matter, but am more than willing to admit they got some things right.

Yes, but there's an increasing number of people in the press that are praising GM's offerings because it's run by their Lord God Obama now.

Ok lets go through the list of camaro problems that spectre thinks are so horrible, remember that these resulted in a thread of their own and a big biased argument that didnt solve anything, each...

1. A crack in the facia of a preproduction model caused during 150MPH runs. (that hasnt showed up in any car since)

2. The weights preventing squeaky brakes, they arent mounted in a pretty way. (stated imminent melting and brake failure has not shown itself as of this post)

3. A problem was found where a wire was run too close to a hot spot, which would cause the car not to run (it was caught early on and fixed free of charge with a recall)

4. And now from what i'm hearing, a batch of transmissions arent up to spec, which i am sure will be fixed free of charge with a recall.

Now spectre, if this was 2013 and these issues hadn't been fixed by now, i would be right there screaming from the rooftops about how horrible the car is, but for you to go out and point to two isolated teething problems on a VERY early versions of the car as a serious sign of things to come, you just show yourself as being ridiculously biased and difficult to take seriously.

Would you make a thread about the new beetles being recalled for battery fires? The myriad of electrical problems on brand new Mazda 3's? Suspension failures on ford rangers? Or do you give them a pass because the badge doesnt say "GM"?

Since you have made the assertion, pray back it up. [citation needed]

This incident for example. Unexpected parts failures happen. Porsche had big issues with the early watercooled flat 6 in the Boxster and 996, that they couldn't have seen coming despite lots of testing. Just as how the 6060 was tested heavily but these failures were also unexpected because it's hard to break parts like a customer will. How about Honda with their automatic transmissions back in the late 90's early 00's, or early 1.6 Miatas having crankshaft issues, transmission failures and rear end failures. Shall I continue?

As for the Government Motors issue, well that is due to propaganda.

This incident for example. Unexpected parts failures happen. Porsche had big issues with the early watercooled flat 6 in the Boxster and 996, that they couldn't have seen coming despite lots of testing. Just as how the 6060 was tested heavily but these failures were also unexpected because it's hard to break parts like a customer will. How about Honda with their automatic transmissions back in the late 90's early 00's, or early 1.6 Miatas having crankshaft issues, transmission failures and rear end failures. Shall I continue?

As for the Government Motors issue, well that is due to propaganda.

Again - [citation needed]. Name a specific GM issue that has been posted here to FG that I've hammered them for which another maker has had the identical issue and I've given them a pass on.

And before you bring up the Miata, I have hammered them and the S2000 for having weak rear differentials in the past. The topic of the Miata transmissions hasn't come up that I've known of.

On the other hand, I've hammered Jaguar for putting such a weak automatic transmission in my own Series III, so they're not immune either.

Ok lets go through the list of camaro problems that spectre thinks are so horrible, remember that these resulted in a thread of their own and a big biased argument that didnt solve anything, each...

1. A crack in the facia of a preproduction model caused during 150MPH runs. (that hasnt showed up in any car since)

2. The weights preventing squeaky brakes, they arent mounted in a pretty way. (stated imminent melting and brake failure has not shown itself as of this post)

3. A problem was found where a wire was run too close to a hot spot, which would cause the car not to run (it was caught early on and fixed free of charge with a recall)

4. And now from what i'm hearing, a batch of transmissions arent up to spec, which i am sure will be fixed free of charge with a recall.

And given the extended testing time they had on these cars, there's little excuse possible for them. Just like when Jaguar had fourteen years to develop the XJ40 and it came out with problems exactly like this. When you have excessive testing time available and you still fail at design/construction, I'm going to hammer you.

Now spectre, if this was 2013 and these issues hadn't been fixed by now, i would be right there screaming from the rooftops about how horrible the car is, but for you to go out and point to two isolated teething problems on a VERY early versions of the car as a serious sign of things to come, you just show yourself as being ridiculously biased and difficult to take seriously.

Would you make a thread about the new beetles being recalled for battery fires? The myriad of electrical problems on brand new Mazda 3's? Suspension failures on ford rangers? Or do you give them a pass because the badge doesnt say "GM"?

I don't make threads on those because I can't post everything and (apparently, unlike you) I actually have a life. :p I have commented about things like the Toyota Tacoma suspension problems, the Tacoma frame problems, the FJ Cruiser's chassis cracking, BMW's idiocy with the oil overheating on their 335i, Jaguar's stellar stupidity with the X-Type, Ford starters, Jeep 'kwalitee', the Mustang's stick axle, Ford build quality (or lack thereof - they used shop rags as insulators on merp's Cobra, for example) and many other topics that have nothing whatsoever to do with GM. Just because I don't hit your personal hobby horses doesn't mean that I'm giving others a free pass.

Seriously, go read some of my posts. GM's getting bashed a lot because they do a lot worth bashing, but nobody's getting a free pass from me. Not even Jaguar.

Last edited:
ih017029.jpg

keep it going, it's good to see some intelligent debate here. ;)