Exotic Auto Store (With a Sense of Humor)

Stumpy

Car(s)
2009 VW Tiguan
This store is located right down the street from my work.
I see them driving these around town a lot.

Lake Forest Sports Cars http://www.lfsc.com/

Here are some of their descriptions right off the website:

1983 Ferrari 512 BBi Boxer

"Amerispec Conversion, under 5k miles. Hard steering, hard shifting, weak a/c. Not for anyone who skips their weekly trainer".

78_main_f.jpg

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera

"Wow! Did no one show this guy the wheel options? How great would a set of wheels make this 911 look! We might even throw some in to end the eye strain".

66_p2_f.jpg

2007 Carrera S

"2007 Carrera S with GT3 Body Kit. Rare. Mean. Well equipped and aggressively priced! Actually we like this Porsche so much we're less aggressively pricing it all the time as we get closer to Spring."

62_main_f.jpg

2008 Maserati Quattroporte

"Well Equipped and undriven New Maserati QP's all at pre-owned prices. Why not pay a used car price for a new car...unless for some reason you like to pay more".

7_main_f.jpg

1994 Ferrari 348 Spider

"A really great driving, great value Ferrari with all the vehicle history. Probably one of the best 348 Spiders anywhere, but only if you appreciate the best examples".

72_main_f.jpg

They also have a lot of other cool cars to check out.

Ferrari 575M Maranello

Too much horsepower for 'civilian' drivers. A great car to consider if you know anything about cars.

56_main_f.jpg

I like this guy.

^That comment only works if its a manual though.

WHAT?!

They have a F1 car?

I'd like to buy a 2nd hand ferarri some day so I don't have to wait till I can afford a new one.

:thumbsup: Too bad he probably doesn't have the tools needed to get it running. Just to annoy his neighbours with a sprinkling of 3.5 l V12 noise.

And, I notice, it's correctly labeled on the dealership website. Double :thumbsup: on that. No. 27, Alain Prost, long sidepods with the entry to them ahead of the driver... had to be a 642.

Last edited:
Screw the Formula 1 car. I'd take the AM prototype.

Screw the Formula 1 car. I'd take the AM prototype.

Are you sure your priorities are straight?

This:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9b68VJ8Ees&[/youtube]

vs this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jef0FTgtQyo[/youtube]

I've heard nicer noises come out of dying animals. The Prototype sounds utterly flatulent. And it's slow. I watched that car this year at Laguna, it's the nicest of the bunch, but it's still horrible sounding.

Last edited:
Yep, because if I got the F1 car all it would ever do is sit in a garage whereas I'll actually see myself thrashing the hell out of the AM prototype.

For me, its not about which is cooler, its about which once I could mercilessly flog on a racetrack and not be heartbroken if it hits the tyre wall. I like to actually use my cars.

Last edited:
Yep, because if I got the F1 car all it would ever do is sit in a garage whereas I'll actually see myself thrashing the hell out of the AM prototype.

If you bought the F1 I'm sure Ferrari would be pleased to keep it for you and ship it wherever you want with a supplement F1 mechanical team. That's what they do with the historic F1 cars in their Ferrari Challenge program. A little bit of racing school and I doubt you'd crash it.

I like how they say the Riley can be used in NASA/SCCA. I've seen Rolex GT cars in NASA, but nothing close to a Daytona Prototype!

V12 Ferrari F1 car = win. No other words to describe it. The V12's were the greatest.