Top 25 Cars of Final Gear (Contestants/Voting Thread)

you never posted in the other thread?

All the hate :(
I'm not trying to be hateful. I'm just being tough and maybe a bit... of a dick.

But part of our unspoken agreement as driving enthusiasts is the part about not driving recklessly. I'm sure almost everyone who uses these forums would agree with the idea that driving quickly and even driving above the speed limits isn't inherently reckless. What I mean is, If you know it's perfectly safe to do so you should be able to drive as quickly as you damn well please.

I myself drive a Mercedes-Benz that's somewhere in size between a small house and a large houseboat but I still drive it quickly when i'm in the right environment. I would love a car that could tear through Gorge Road but I imagine it would be difficult to smoke cigarettes, eat cheeseburgers and nurse a strawberry thickshake in a Lotus 7... but I have digressed.

Part of our unspoken deal with the public and more importantly with the police is that regardless of how fast we drive we don't bin it into some poor chap's potting shed at a half past two on a sleepy Saturday afternoon. Because they hate it when we do that.

It doesn't really matter how you've done it. "Single car, too quick, off the road, broke a fence" is how they see it.

My point is this: It reflects badly on everyone who wants to drive quickly through that area and in some way it reflects badly on all of us.

At the sake of sounding like I have sand in my vagina: You should have waited a lot longer to learn the limits of the car and you should have only learned where the limits are on roads you know very well. Even then you probably shouldn't take a Caterham over 8 or 9 tenths on public roads IMO.

Anyway, it's not trying to be hateful and I'm really not mad that you've bent a Lotus. I mean, a car's just a piece of metal and they're still making those things anyway!

But where I live and with the people I know... you would be reminded of this incident at every available opportunity.:mrgreen::D:p <- If there were such a thing as a super-emoticon that was somehow all three of those emoticons in one then that would be the one that would encapsulate the attitude.

"Oh man, remember that time you binned a Lotus? Hey, wait, didn't *you* own that thing? Oh man... and that shit was nice, too... damn.... And how long had you had it for? Wasn't it, like, eighty-six hours?"

I was amazed when everyone came into the thread with the these: :hug:

:rolleyes:

I mean seriously, you walked away with only a few small injuries, you turned around as you walked away to take photographs so you must have been OK for pete's sake... It's at that point that people are free to heap shit onto you.:p

Everyone was all like "OMG!!1 do your emotions hurt?! how are your *FEELINGS*?!?1" .... et cetera.

If you knew me and my friends you probably would have received a mild beating by now... Mild to medium beating most probably. :p

But yes, it would be a fairly light-natured beating.:):hug:

Last edited:
To be fair MXM should be allowed to enter the car, it just has to be in it's current condition... "Caterham 7 Leggera-Nocivo" or something.

Voted. When does the voting end?

I'm just being a bit of a dick.

Sorry mate, but that's how it looks from here. It reeks of you trying too hard to win an absolutely pointless competition. We've all made mistakes, I think the worth of a man is how he continues forth from that point. People who then spend every waking hour reminding others of their mistakes are a select group of people often referred to as 'assholes'. Nobody sets out on a drive with the intention of crashing unless they really don't like their insurance company. He didn't do it on purpose, and who are you to say how hard he was driving?

I've got nothing against either of you, just offering a neutral perspective on how this pans out in my view. If you really want the accolade of 'FGs top car ...from the few people who actually posted theirs, and with the 3 people who've actually voted' enough to start deliberately annoying people and rubbing salt in a fesh wound, I'd log the PC off for a while and try to re-learn how it is you're supposed to interact with other people. :lol:

It's like the Ari Vatanen vs Jean Todt class of battle ;P

Who? And should we care?

To be blunt, I mostly agree with Austere. MXM has a nice car, unfortunately, he also went a bit beyond his limits with it and stuffed it. It was his fault. Now, I don't mean that to be mean, it's just one of the facts in this matter.

Now, I don't think he should be excluded for this, but I think people need to keep in mind that the car is not how it was originally. Right now it's crashed, it's not in the condition it was to start with. I think it needs to be judged by people as it sits now- crashed. So what does that mean, well you've got a bunch of cars that are kept well and driven, and one car that would probably be more fun and one everyone else would like, but it's crashed. How you rank functioning cars versus crashed cars is up to you; you may be someone who loves a good rebuild project, or you may be someone who like to not have to repair the car.

EDIT: My votes tabulated and sent in.

Last edited:
I completely missed this whole thing, or I would've put mine in for it too.

I may vote unless everyone is done already.

So far I've gotten about about 3 times more entries then votes. Cmon people, vote!

Just wanted to thank Austere for the neg rep. Showing your colours there, mate. ;)

So he disagrees with you, big whoop. It's the internet, bringing together more people who will never get along. Learn that people have differences of opinion, accept that it's not a big deal and move on. If you keep making a big deal from it, things will only get worse. I've modded a forum of 100,000+ members, the majority of whom were all under 18, so I know what the drama leads to, and I know how childish it makes people look. My advice to you is just agree to disagree and move along. As I said, if you want to keep bringing it up you're going to have to deal with more people getting annoyed and neg repping.

Back on topic, more people should vote. I wasn't looking forward to it because I thought it'd be a hassle, but I just took a notepad, went down the list and wrote down the cars I wanted, then went through my list and arranged the top 10 from there. The rest fell in to place, it took 4 minutes.

I just voted last nihgt.

I just copy pasted the list into a message then deleted the cars I didn't want to vote for, then re arranged them in to my preffered order.

VOTE PEOPLE!!!

It's easier than it looks.... I too was putting it off because of it being a hassle, but it wasn't

I'll be voting this afternoon. I has checked my schedule and it's wide open.

EDIT: Just got done voting! I had been putting it off but It's really not that bad. If you give into it, you just kind of start to feel numb and warm, and then you just get sleepy.

So get out there and vote you sons-of-bitches!:)

Last edited:
Sorry for the double-double but I wanted to hand these out:

eg3erl.jpg

Take as many as you want, I got loads of 'em!:D

I think maybe a lot of people just aren't even aware that this thread exists so maybe this could create a bit of buzz and get some traffic through here. Last time I changed my avatar I got death threats so I bet people will take note if lots of us start wearing them.:)