Random Thoughts....

:blowup:

Sorry to add to the bad news (all of the unemployment discussions) but my Yamaha has apparently been knocked over-fairly hard- and broken the mirrors, headlight and left indicators, dented the tank, and the tyres are popped.

I'm not currently at home to see the damage, however I had the landlord call me every week to make sure my vehicles are alright- and this is what happened. The tyres are ruined, and that was definitely not caused by accidentally knocking it over- seems like vandalism to me but my insurance is being unreasonable and they insist I knocked it over myself- even though I had left it in the car park for about two weeks before the damage
existed.

Anyone dealt with this before? I don't want to be forced into a legal fight.
Yeah, man, fight it. Make sure to keep any receipts you may get/have already gotten from the place you are right now. Most stores will have an address on their receipts and will be your best proof of being out of town on the day it happened. Landlord can testify as to the time of the incident and it should be clear sailing for you. And switch insurance companies after, of course.

If you're staying in a hotel... use that. God.. that insurance company is retarded...

That insurance company is shite. My dad had similar damage done to his bike when he came off it (about $6000 AUD of damage) and even though it may have been his fault (it is unlikely though, we think his back wheel slipped on something on the road) and they had no record of him being insured (due to the dealers being morons), they still covered everything. His bike is being repaired now and he had a new hemlet and jacket already.

But yeah, get the hotel to verify that you were staying there on the date of the damage (or the week to really clear it up for them) and your landlord to verify that the damage had to happen between these dates. Also, do you have to get "buzzed in" by the landlord or can you access it yourself? if it's the former, get him to verify he did not let you in at any time. Get someone to take pics of the damage and the surrounding area too. You could not kill both your tyres unless you pushed it over with some force onto something sharp (eg nails, and even then that's unlikely)

Worst case scenario, get a solicitor involved. They will be able to look at your evidence that you didn't do it and plead your case.

Luxman R-117.

I did look at Luxmans, but they are a little out of my price range.

The last time I did that, I ended up with some Marantz gear that was very nice but I realized that I didn't have anywhere to really listen to it, so I sold it. Unfortunately, that somehow lead to the purchase of an entire Class A amplifier and stereo set complete with four massive monkey-coffin speakers that are now taking up real estate in my living room and bedroom.

Damnit.

I think I'm about to end up like that, right now I'm watching a Technics SA-5460 for cheap and a Technics SL-D202 turntable for even less.

Here is a pic of that receiver.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2009/07/23/sa5460catalog.jpg

It has 65 watts per channel, was only made in 1976 and retailed for 400 new.

I did look at Luxmans, but they are a little out of my price range.

Shame. The 117 outperforms its given specs by a large margin, it's basically considered the best receiver they made. Unfortunately we have the 115, which is a bit less powerful and has a few less features. I do love that the volume knob rotates when you adjust the volume with the remote though. If only we could find the remote.

I do absolutely love my P-102 turntable though. Absolutely wonderful and all the fancy features work perfectly.

I do need to get new belts for the CD player though. Bah, when I get my own place and some proper speakers it's going to be a wonderful system again.

Yeah, man, fight it. Make sure to keep any receipts you may get/have already gotten from the place you are right now. Most stores will have an address on their receipts and will be your best proof of being out of town on the day it happened. Landlord can testify as to the time of the incident and it should be clear sailing for you. And switch insurance companies after, of course.

I think that's the best way to deal with it for now- tommorow I will call my landlord, find a way to set up him as a "witness" for me. And I hadn't thought of receipts, thanks. I wonder how they'll explain how I bought groceries at a Texas Walmart while still in England.:lol:

If you're staying in a hotel... use that. God.. that insurance company is retarded...

I know... switching as quickly as possible once this is over.

That insurance company is shite. My dad had similar damage done to his bike when he came off it (about $6000 AUD of damage) and even though it may have been his fault (it is unlikely though, we think his back wheel slipped on something on the road) and they had no record of him being insured (due to the dealers being morons), they still covered everything. His bike is being repaired now and he had a new hemlet and jacket already.

But yeah, get the hotel to verify that you were staying there on the date of the damage (or the week to really clear it up for them) and your landlord to verify that the damage had to happen between these dates. Also, do you have to get "buzzed in" by the landlord or can you access it yourself? if it's the former, get him to verify he did not let you in at any time. Get someone to take pics of the damage and the surrounding area too. You could not kill both your tyres unless you pushed it over with some force onto something sharp (eg nails, and even then that's unlikely)

Worst case scenario, get a solicitor involved. They will be able to look at your evidence that you didn't do it and plead your case.

Solicitors and police are my last avenues but if nothing happens tomorrow I will be forced to turn to one or the other or both. ?300 may not be alot of money but I can't afford it- and I see no reason to take this lying down.

I
I think I'm about to end up like that, right now I'm watching a Technics SA-5460 for cheap and a Technics SL-D202 turntable for even less.

Here is a pic of that receiver.

It has 65 watts per channel, was only made in 1976 and retailed for 400 new.

Looks good, the gear I wound up with in the end was later-model Technics. Good luck!

(What I really want though, basically looks like this:)
marantz_corner.jpg

I do love that the volume knob rotates when you adjust the volume with the remote though.

Haha, I have an older Pioneer receiver powering the speakers I use for my PC, and I can't bring myself to upgrade it due to that feature alone. :lol:

Haha, I have an older Pioneer receiver powering the speakers I use for my PC, and I can't bring myself to upgrade it due to that feature alone. :lol:

I want some of the other Lux stuff with motorized faceplates that actuate when you turn them on and off. :wub:

IMG00042.jpg

That's six children and eight animals.

Seriously.

Looks good, the gear I wound up with in the end was later-model Technics. Good luck!

(What I really want though, basically looks like this:)
http://onepixeldesign.com/stereo/marantz_corner.jpg[/img

Haha, I have an older Pioneer receiver powering the speakers I use for my PC, and I can't bring myself to upgrade it due to that feature alone. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Its taking all of my self control not to bid on this one:

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/Technics-SA-8500X-Biggest-Baddest-Quad-Receiver_W0QQitemZ250466786958QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item3a50fbde8e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|293%3A1|294%3A50"]Technics 8500x quad channel reciever.[/URL]

[URL=http://img.phyrefile.com/crazyjeeper/2009/07/23/284405676_o.jpg][IMG]https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2009/07/23/284405676_o.jpg[/URL]

I FUCKEN HATE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK!!!

I can't for the life of me to get Outlook to sync all my appointments from my blackjack to my HTC diamond correctly. All the dates and times are fucked up.

I FUCKEN HATE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK!!!

I can't for the life of me to get Outlook to sync all my appointments from my blackjack to my HTC diamond correctly. All the dates and times are fucked up.

Is your calendar time set correctly on your phone? That's what I had on my iPhone, when I couldn't figure out why my meetings were all 1 hour off.

Yep, the time setting on my phone is correct.

I wonder if its becaue I'm running a aftermarket WM6.5 Rom.....going to try and flash back to the original shipped WM6.1 ROM and see if I still have this issue. Its annoying the fuck out of me, and I have gone back to my trusty Samsung Blackjack for now.

Last edited:
So your mother doesn't call every day to make sure she is ok?

Actually, she usually calls us. Otherwise, it's my grandpa who calls/visits her everyday. My mom works and grandpa's retired, so he has the time to do so.

Luckily, mom says she's going to be okay. Luckily.

I feel bad now cos the last time I saw/talked to her was graduation. That was last month. :cry:

Just got back home, and I'm slightly drunk :)

Too many Guinesses....

Anyway, flashing the stock 6.1 rom back onto my Diamond seems to fix the appointment syncing issue, but its definitely not as nice looking as the 6.5 rom :(

Last edited:
I just won 200? from one of those scratch-and-win lottery ticket things. :mrgreen:

Please allow me this rant:
<Rant>
For all of the people here who don't understand what a closing date is when selling a house: It's the day where the previous owner gets the money and transfers the title of the property and ALL the keys to the residence to the new owners. By that time the old owners should be already moved out of the house and none of their own things should be on the property.

What you don't do on your closing date is: Give only one of the keys to the house to the new owners and come back later in the day with your extra key on a property that isn't even yours, unannounced, to get the things you were not supposed to leave there in the first place. But most importantly, you don't do that just after you went and checked your previous mailbox to see if you have any new correspondence with the one and only key you have for the mailbox which you should have surrendered in the first place. Also, you don't forget to give the garage door opener remote control to the new owner.

I swear, we bought a new house from Homer fucking Simpson. Now, we haven't even got into the garage to look, but if he took the garage door opener with him, this means war. You don't advertise a house with one and then take it off when the new owners move in. I don't know how this works, but to me not having a remote makes the garage door opener worthless, which means we'd have to buy another one, since we're probably not going to find a remote that works with this one. What a fucking rip-off.

What the shit is that? AND we have to clean after these idiots, because they could only be bothered to clean the upper floors.
</Rant>

Last edited: