[13x06] July 26th, 2009

5:37 - 6:14 is by Two Fingers (Amon Tobin and Doubleclick). It's an as-yet unreleased track for which we're finding a home at the moment. If you like our sound, you can hear more on the Two Fingers debut LP ft. Sway (Big Dada - Europe, Paper Bag Records - N America) and we've got a new collection of instrumental material coming in September. That track isn't on it, but you'll hear it in Amon's DJ sets.

5:37 - 6:14 is by Two Fingers (Amon Tobin and Doubleclick). It's an as-yet unreleased track for which we're finding a home at the moment. If you like our sound, you can hear more on the Two Fingers debut LP ft. Sway (Big Dada - Europe, Paper Bag Records - N America) and we've got a new collection of instrumental material coming in September. That track isn't on it, but you'll hear it in Amon's DJ sets.
Two Fingers was one I thought of when I heard it, thanks for confirming this. Is it available on a promo disc, from which the BBC would have gotten it from? Is there a title?

Two Fingers was one I thought of when I heard it, thanks for confirming this. Is it available on a promo disc, from which the BBC would have gotten it from? Is there a title?

I don't think there's a promo disc, no. Our publisher has a relationship with Top Gear so I expect the tracks are delivered directly to them. This track is very recent, so it's nice to be able to get such a fast turnaround from us to the show and then to hear your reactions: glad so many people thought it was okay!

So, um, is there any way we can buy the song/album right now? or do we have to wait? ETA?

Rejoice!! The actual artist...I was thinking by myself "what if the artist were to go look for it and he found this forum , how stoked would be" . Great stuff , thanks Doubleclick.

Waiting for the release with much anticipation :)

Rejoice!! The actual artist...I was thinking by myself "what if the artist were to go look for it and he found this forum , how stoked would be" . Great stuff , thanks Doubleclick.

Waiting for the release with much anticipation :)

Someone posted a thread on DogsOnAcid that linked to this one, asking the same thing.

Bitcore - Yeah sorry, you'll have to wait. We're lining this one up for a vocal version, which may take some time. We'll get an instrumental of it released too, I'm sure.

frigging awesome. do you guys have a name for this genre? i have been in love with these slow, heavy, dirty beats since i heard Los Angeles by FlyLo.

Thank you Doubleclick. The master himself! Many compliments on your music. Great stuff.

I assume it will be on iTunes when it is released.

frigging awesome. do you guys have a name for this genre? i have been in love with these slow, heavy, dirty beats since i heard Los Angeles by FlyLo.

We set this up because we wanted to produce for MCs so we just call it hip-hop and leave it at that, especially so because with our histories there's a danger of getting pigeon-holed as some kind of leftfield thing. The way we see it, a lot of our favourite producers are pretty weird themselves sometimes (remember The Neptunes' production on Clipse's "Grinding", for example?) so we see no reason to put ourselves into any particular corner. I hear a lot of recommendations about other things and I keep meaning to listen to Flying Lotus more, but we're not influenced by that style at present. We're influenced most by d&b, r&b, hip-hop and grime and that's what we put together in our music.

CamelBlue - First we did an LP with Sway, Ms. Jade and Ce'cile which came out earlier this year, and the one in your link will be out very soon. The Instrumentals LP is a way of getting out a chunk of tracks from the things we've been making over the last five years, but this latest tune is part of a section of others that we're saving for our next projects as producers for other people. We hope to make more records for other people than for ourselves, so not everything will be out under the Two Fingers artist name.

Taff - Thanks. Yes, everything we put out will be available on iTunes, Play and Amazon but if you want 320kb/s, FLAC or WAV try Bleep, JunoDownload, 7Digital and others.

Anyway I should get out of your thread before they throw me out, but I'll leave you with some free downloads:

12 320kb/s mp3s with various acapellas added

25 minute all Two Fingers mix, again with various acapellas

Very much looking forward to it! I had a big "holy ****, I *have* to find that track" moment.

Anyway I should get out of your thread before they throw me out, but I'll leave you with some free downloads:

Wow - really appreciate you sharing with us!

Has anyone suggested that song at 4:50-5:10 might be from the Walking with Dinosaurs Live soundtrack..? It sounds very similar to what they play at their live shows...and the segment does feature their "creatures."

yaaaay!
i had a feeling it would be something two fingers!!
now we can sleep once more, and await the day the track's released!
top gear is so cool, playing tunes that aren't even out there yet!

yaaaay!
i had a feeling it would be something two fingers!!
now we can sleep once more, and await the day the track's released!
top gear is so cool, playing tunes that aren't even out there yet!

couldn't agree more, top gear is the best tv show ever made

21:25 - 21:36 is Angelo Badalamenti - La cl? de la victoire
from the City of Lost Children soundtrack