Autoblog: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi

Funny thing is, this new Suzuki reminds me of the Chevrolet Cruze. Isn't Suzuki a GM brand? Does this car shares something with the Cruze?

Suzuki isn't a GM brand, but they have a partnership with GM, so a number of Suzukis are based on GM platforms. Suzuki has also been hired to produce a number of GM cars, which results in GM cars rebadged as Suzukis.

Damn

Damn

I think Suzuki got themselves a winner. I see a little bit of Lexus 250 in there as well(devil 500's pic), which is definately a good thing. That's a nice engine, but I also remember reading about a 300 hp v6 with awd. That makes sense for that engine to follow a year after intro of car. I would love for the company bring some of their sportiness from bikes into this vehicle. Anyone remember that Suzuki Pikes Peak Version from Gran Turismo, nothing in the game could touch it, but seriously, I will definately be considering this car when my(wife's) lease is up.

Anyone remember that Suzuki Pikes Peak Version from Gran Turismo, nothing in the game could touch it, but seriously, I will definately be considering this car when my(wife's) lease is up.

Suzuki still dominates Pikes Peak, they still hold the record and won this year's climb, so they've got plenty of sports experience.

If you read the post, i was referring to the game as joke. I know they dominate Pikes Peak, but has that translated to anything towards their vehicles??

If you read the post, i was referring to the game as joke. I know they dominate Pikes Peak, but has that translated to anything towards their vehicles??

I know it was a joke, just used it to make a point. As for the experience translating to their vehicles, I don't think so if I'm honest, but I'm sure if they wanted to make something sporty, they could.

I know it was a joke, just used it to make a point. As for the experience translating to their vehicles, I don't think so if I'm honest, but I'm sure if they wanted to make something sporty, they could.

my bad, i thought you missed my point. If they could price a sport version for around 30k, I would be in heaven(that's right around my budget)

my bad, i thought you missed my point. If they could price a sport version for around 30k, I would be in heaven(that's right around my budget)

Well, they'll be making a V6 version soon, and if they put in the V6 from the current Grand Vitara, that should be pretty sporty. It's got 221hp, quiet at low revs and makes a good noise when you thrash it. If I were you, I'd wait for that to come along and then take a test drive to see what it's like.

did they jack the name from mazda? im confused..