G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra trailer

when i saw the trailer and they had that bit when they were talking about that accelerator suit and the one of the wayans brothers says "what does it accelerate?" and the other guy responds "you." that had me rolling the eyes. Other than that though the film doesn't look all that bad. if anything going by trailers i want to see this film more than i wanted to see Transformers.

Crappy one liners?
Everything explodes?
...including Paris?

Now all they need is a camera going 360 degrees around the star as he looks steely into the middle distance and they score top marks at the Michael Bay school of 'awesome' cinematography.

Crappy one liners?
Everything explodes?
...including Paris?

Now all they need is a camera going 360 degrees around the star as he looks steely into the middle distance and they score top marks at the Michael Bay school of 'awesome' cinematography.
Don't forget the Michael Bay School of Continuity, where it doesn't matter if a Buick LeSabre transforms into a Pontiac Grand Am somehow (Bad Boys 2) and all damage is immediately repaired in the next cut (everything, really), and no matter where you are or what time it is, it's always sunset when something important happens.

Crappy one liners?
Everything explodes?
...including Paris?

for a moment there i thought you was talking about Team America.

I saw it today and I actually liked it. It's an old-school fight film where the plot of the film is basically two sides trying to get a case and a little character development in between the explosions. The Paris car chase is actually very good, compared to a lot of modern ones it's long, explosive and imaginative. I wasn't expecting a Coppola movie and if you don't you should enjoy it, it's like C&C Red Alert meets Team America.

Not wanting to give too much away, but if you don't like the Hummer H2, see this movie. There's also a Mansory Bentley in it.

Last edited:
I feel the need to note that when I saw the trailer in the theatre, it was met with derisive laughter (along with one guy going "what's next, Barbie?"). Methinks failure is in the cards for this one.

Though it was apparently directed by the janitor of my high school.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4K7cY4nlpg[/youtube]

I can see live action potential on this one. :lol:

Just saw this tonight. This movie is exactly what Team America was making fun of: a bunch of FUCK YEAH Americans blowing up stuff in foreign countries recklessly. But I still found it to be fun enough somehow since I finally managed to turn off my brain and ignore the stuff that populates action films these days: wonky physics, cheesy dialog, plot holes, and horrendous acting.

Oh God, the horrendous acting. Channing Tatum is the world's biggest douchebag and the worst actor in film history. Where did they discover that guy, anyway? At a Mustang swap meet in his Fox 5.0, wearing a wife beater and chugging a Natty Ice?

At a Mustang swap meet in his Fox 5.0, wearing a wife beater and chugging a Natty Ice?

That makes him sound WAY too interesting.

I was also disappointed that Joe did not not get his cameo appearance after the Eiffel Tower falls down saying 'Bonjour everyone! Don't worry, everything is Bon. We stopped the terrorists.'

Meh, might download it once a good enough rip appears, just doesn't seem worth the ticket price.

Also watch this, it's hilarious and slightly on topic :lol:

[YOUTUBE]wMl3gXtle58[/YOUTUBE]

"My those are some fancy trousers you are wearing, I shall call you Trouser Snake"

Last edited:
Congratulations you jumped around and killed a lot of innocent people. What did you think would happen when you crush a car to the ground. I just wish they showed the collateral damage of Team GI Joe severed arms, dead babies, families crying all the while these asshats are jumping around like girls on trampolines.

Saw the film earlier today and i enjoyed it. Was a typical action movie where you leave the brain at home and just enjoy the movie. I mean yeah the acting was cheesy, flimsy plot, dastardly villains and there were loads of explosions. But i mean the movies entire saving grace is seeing Sienna Miller strutting her stuff in a leather and Rachel Nichols walking around in spandex. That alone was worth my ticket price, anything after that is a extra.

Just saw this tonight. This movie is exactly what Team America was making fun of: a bunch of FUCK YEAH Americans blowing up stuff in foreign countries recklessly. But I still found it to be fun enough somehow since I finally managed to turn off my brain and ignore the stuff that populates action films these days: wonky physics, cheesy dialog, plot holes, and horrendous acting.

Oh God, the horrendous acting. Channing Tatum is the world's biggest douchebag and the worst actor in film history. Where did they discover that guy, anyway? At a Mustang swap meet in his Fox 5.0, wearing a wife beater and chugging a Natty Ice?

Saw it last night and it was horrible. Really bad CG's (the Polar Bear one or the Apache Helicopters at the beginning for example), horrible plot, and horrendous acting.

Congratulations you jumped around and killed a lot of innocent people. What did you think would happen when you crush a car to the ground. I just wish they showed the collateral damage of Team GI Joe severed arms, dead babies, families crying all the while these asshats are jumping around like girls on trampolines.

I have to see that - is it in Commando-goodness territory?

Yeah, I was actually surprised at how good it was; it was a good, solid, and fun action movie. I enjoyed it a lot more than Transformers 2, also I enjoyed looking at Sienna Miller more than Megan Fox. :)

I must confess, in contrast to my hatred of Transformers 2 and Terminator Salvation, i actually liked it quite much. Yep, it had lots of plot holes, but unlike Transformers 2 it did not bother spending time establishing some kind of mythology it never comes 'round to explaining. Yep, the acting is cheesy, but that's alright too cause the costumes are so over the top. The "comic relief" token black, on the other hand, was as unaceptable and needless as the twin autobots in Transformers 2.
But most important, the film never took itself seriously, but was more of a "how many Bond references can we sneak into a single action movie?" And the best thing is, they have put the "now that i have captured you and will bring you to a slow, painful death instead of killing you quickly, i might as well fill you in on my diabolic master plan for world domination"-routine in - at a point where the heroes already know the plan! It's pointless in terms of plot, it's just there cause it was in "Goldfinger".

Additional bonus points for:
-The highest amount of innocent civilians ever killed in an action movie without any mentioning thereof after the fact (the Paris car chase, i'd say more than a hundred casualties, easily)
-NINJAS! You won't believe how happy it made me that the film had ninjas!
-Spandex-clad females
-CGI that looked like out of "Wing Commander". Which is an emberassment for a big-budget action movie, but still cool in some nerdy way.
-The most obvious sequel setup in the younger history of cinema. Bet the next part will start with
The doppelg?nger President pardoning Ass Cobra and The Not-Who-Doctor!

Saw it yesterday, here is what I thought.

* Rachel Nichols' boobs.

* Entire film was very cheesy. Actors' lines, the cartoon references, and the story.

* Rachel Nichols' titties.

* Excessive use of average CGI.

* Rachel Nichols' jubblies.

* Excessive use of Brendan Fraser.

* Rachel Nichols on the treadmill. Holy fucking shit, someone make a GIF of that.

Saw it yesterday, here is what I thought.

* Rachel Nichols on the treadmill. Holy fucking shit, someone make a GIF of that.

seconded, that scene alone was worth the ticket price.

like the two previous poster's said, this entire film is ok as long as you don't take it seriously. ninja's, mindless destruction of public property, exploding cars, women in tight spandex/leather and a flimsy plotline. its got it all.

Saw it. Cheesy fun, faithful to (the admittedly flimsy) source material, and it did a nice job introducing the characters and putting them through the motions. Can't wait for the inevitable sequel.