Jalopnik calls out on Katwalk!

The real reason men hate my car is the majority of you car too insecure to be seen in one. Honestly if you are such a man I have no interest in dating you, so the car is handy to weed you out. :p

No, men don't like your car because its slow :p

Also the doors are too high and/or you sit too low.

I only truely agree with what a girl is driving if its over 30 years old, that way you could have long romantic evenings together replacing Triumph Herald gearboxes... ahhh.

In fact my ideal girl would actually drive a Herald 1200 convertible... possibly with flower decals... :lol:

Here in the UK most girls drive old Corsas, Saxos etc, occasionaly moving up to bigger car like a Vauxhall Astra... joy... :rolleyes:

Yes. I have a friend who drives a new Beetle, and the doors are ridiculously high and the dashboard is enormous - you could have dinner in there.
I also thought the instrument arrangement was weird.

Whenever I actually do see a younger girl driving a Subaru the majority of the time they are very, very attractive. Plus they're driving a car that most other girls think is from Australia.. so they get extra points.

Indeed. The hottest girl I know drives an 07 Impreza. The baby Impreza, but still. However, I think this is mostly a Pennsylvania thing - I haven't seen it anywhere else in the country.

The hottest girl driver I know drives a Lexus but its her parents so she gets a pass. The SECOND hottest girl driver I know drives a modified 240sx with 180sx seats, an SR20DET and what I call the "squint" mod. That's when the flip up lights are always in a 1/4 flip open position and have little projectors in there.

I saw a man driving a pink New Beetle with a giant tiara on the roof.
I swear I could feel my testosterone levels dropping just looking at it.

No, men don't like your car because its slow :p

Then they must not like a lot of cars then because mine is the slowest model they make and it's still not terribly slow.

Yes. I have a friend who drives a new Beetle, and the doors are ridiculously high and the dashboard is enormous - you could have dinner in there.
I also thought the instrument arrangement was weird.

:blink: I hadn't really noticed which is odd being that I am so short. I assume those too tall doors is why it has a better side crash test rating than most things it's size. And I have used the dashboard as a table before it is handy :lol:

I only hated it because it's squeaky with the top up. :hmm: I sense innuendo potential.
That does piss me off though I think it's like that in most convertibles. I keep forgetting to look for those damn foam washers for the handle bit because apparently that fixes it.

I saw a man driving a pink New Beetle with a giant tiara on the roof.
I swear I could feel my testosterone levels dropping just looking at it.

I would never drive anything pink, especially the color they painted the one in the jalopnik photo :puke: There is a reason that color isn't stock.

Last edited:
My sister had a new Beetle and I was in it a few times. The top of the dash reminded me of that aircraft carrier deck of a hood on my Crown Vic.

What she drives does matter, especially if you have a nice car yourself.

If she drives a heap, she's always going to be borrowing your car. :p

Here in the UK most girls drive old Corsas, Saxos etc, occasionaly moving up to bigger car like a Vauxhall Astra... joy... :rolleyes: Why can't I find one that drives an Austin Ambassador, cause if I do I WOULD HIT THAT SHIT HARDER THAN CHUCK NORRIS!

Yeah. Not forgetting the Micra, or Fiat Punto or BMW Z3.

Anyway, a Beetle Cabrio is better than the normal one because you can paint it black, pay someone to drive it and then be driven around town standing on the rear seat dressed as a Nazi officer while rousing music from the fatherland plays loudly out of the stereo. It's the only way a man can not look totally ridiculous while being in one.

Well, at least that's what my new flatmate Mr Hilter told me.

Last edited:
Do you have a 2.slow? Cause my mom has a 2.0L golf and its supa slow

Yes, but honestly it's not that bad if you know where the torque kicks in. The only time it's an issue is like on rt 1 where you have to merge with no ramp.

..most other girls think is from Australia..

:lol: I used to think that when I was really young because of the whole Croc Dundee Outback advertising.

Yes, but honestly it's not that bad if you know where the torque kicks in. The only time it's an issue is like on rt 1 where you have to merge with no ramp.

err... torque? sorry kat, but 2.slows are just that - slow