Richard Hammond in four-car pile-up in his ?110k supercar

TurnerGTX

article-0-05FFB485000005DC-103_468x286.jpg

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond crashed his treasured ?110,000 supercar today ? but this time walked away unscathed.

The BBC star was involved in the four-car pile-up after allegedly hitting the back of a Nissan as he approached a roundabout.

Hammond, nicknamed ?Hamster?, was shaken but walked away from his Morgan AeroMax without any injuries from the crash near the village of Over, in Gloucestershire, at lunchtime.

But it was his car that came off the worse after suffering thousands of pounds worth of damage. The Thirties-style 170mph car looks like a Batmobile and has a 4.8-litre BMW V8 engine.

Hammond, 39, is no stranger to accidents. Three years ago he survived a terrifying crash at 280mph in a dragster racing car while filming for the hit BBC show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205297/Oh-Richard-Hammond-car-pile-110k-supercar.html

I bet Paul O'Grady hasn't done this. :D

Seriously though, glad he's alright. Bet he got a bollocking from Mindy.

I hope it can be fixed, there quite rare cars would be a shame to have one written off! Seeing as it was as he was approaching a roundabout it might be minor damage...It is silly season so all the news is a bit....shit EDIT: Oh its also the Daily Mail, It might have actually been James May, in a Skoda Fabia, in the south of Spain, and he rolled it over and died....but the Mail would just get it all wrong :p

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Thank God a news paper didn't mention Hammond in an article without appending the summary of his dragster crash, they remembered to include it.

Do you think he had a flash back and thought it was James in the car in front of him?

Oh no! I'm glad he's alright!

I hope he can get the Morgan fix. I think it's a beautiful car, and it'd be a shame if he had to get rid of it already.

I think he was making a joke about the way it looks. :D

Obviously, he became cross eyed while driving it. An accident was bound the happen.

Glad to hear he and everyone else was OK.

(You know this will come up in November in the first episode. Jezza and James won't be able to resist.)

It was in the Aeromax; it's not cross-eyed. Now if he wrecked the Aero8, on the other hand...

EDIT: Oh its also the Daily Mail, It might have actually been James May, in a Skoda Fabia, in the south of Spain, and he rolled it over and died....but the Mail would just get it all wrong :p
LOL! :lol:

Poor Hammond, hes not having luck with car driving in the past few years, all those braking problems when stoping behind May etc. :D

Hope he can fix his car.

I?d like to see some pictures of the car
But it?s good to know that nobody?s hurt

I doubt spare parts for an Aeromax are easy to find - although the front probably could be replaced with a smashed Jaguar S-Type and no-one would know the difference.