Japantastic (56K warning)

My friends, thats not even close to the Ukrainian flag!

My friends, thats not even close to the Ukrainian flag!

It's pretty close
ukraine-large-flag-up.gif

High res version on Wiki does have more differences but looking at it on the back of that car it was very very simliar. (different shape and orientation yes)

Last edited:
Completely the wrong colours. This is the ukrainian flag.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/09/158px-Ukraine_flag.svg.png

I envy the kids that played on the super slide kajun posted though.

Of course kids only know what they have, really. Kids growing up in a third world slum can have a ball kicking an empty can around a dust bowl.

I hated growing up in the burbs even though I had "everything".

Here's another beautiful park...

parksad2.jpg

Seeing this was a nice surprise when I pulled into a parking lot to answer a call from a friend on my mobile.

I still haven't seen a Panamera in the flesh, I even came across a Porsche dealer but they didn't have one.

So it's like the rookie "X" on race cars... makes sense. Wish we had that sort of thing here, including the sign for the elderly drivers. Would save a few lives every day.

Yeh, in Oz you have to display "P" plates for a year and there are a few extra rules you have to follow.

A few more pics...

rotaryshop1.jpg

rotaryshop2.jpg

rollerlong.jpg

I love seeing cars parked in odd places, almost as if the driver was thinking "Ohh I'll park, I don't know, here!". I'm still not used to seeing cars pulling out of parking lots and using crosswalk ramps to get back onto the road. Some cars even drive along the sidewalk a little just to be able to fit into a tiny parking space cut into the side of a building. I'll be sure to get some photos of odd parking jobs whenever I'm out and about.

Completely the wrong colours. This is the ukrainian flag.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/09/158px-Ukraine_flag.svg.png

Your blue is too dark. (I'm from Ukraine just so you know :p)
hansvonaxion said:
Is that an RE Amemiya shop?

Last edited:
No I checked the home page and they're based in Chiba (different city). I was pretty surprised thinking I'd come across the workshop and that it was so small and shitty. They may have some affiliation but this location wasn't listed on the official homepage.

Your blue is too dark. (I'm from Ukraine just so you know :p)
Nah it looks pretty spot on to me, it shall be dark blue and not light blue, Pantone 286 C.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/10/8593.jpg

I went to Travelblog.org/World/ and found that they had messed up the Swedish flag as well, making it much too light. After watching countless podiums in foreign countries where the organizers have hoisted a flag that is clearly not the flag of my country I've become very anal about the subject of flags and colours :lol:, and it seems to some flag manufacturer out there, blue is apparently hard to get right. Swedish flag is Pantone 301 C/U (coated/uncoated paper) with a cross in 109U/116C (coated/uncoated paper) or if you want to make a flag, NCS 4055-R95B (blue) and NCS 0580-Y10R (yellow).

Nah it looks pretty spot on to me, it shall be dark blue and not light blue, Pantone 286 C.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/10/8593.jpg

I went to Travelblog.org/World/ and found that they had messed up the Swedish flag as well, making it much too light. After watching countless podiums in foreign countries where the organizers have hoisted a flag that is clearly not the flag of my country I've become very anal about the subject of flags and colours :lol:, and it seems to some flag manufacturer out there, blue is apparently hard to get right. Swedish flag is Pantone 301 C/U (coated/uncoated paper) with a cross in 109U/116C (coated/uncoated paper) or if you want to make a flag, NCS 4055-R95B (blue) and NCS 0580-Y10R (yellow).

Hehe you put alot of thought into it. I remember Ukranian blue being lighter (we have a different word for light blue and dark blue as well) so I'm surprised that the flag is so dark.

I've actually studied colours and print too so that's why I'm a bit of a colour-nazi :D
Bear in mind though that picture is taken indoors, if you take the flag out and hoist it, it'll appear a few shades lighter due to the sunlight.

Hahahaha! Smoebody needs to go back to a kei-class car!

Tokyo Desk Jockey: "Do you have a place to park your car?"
BMW owner: "Er, most of it."
:lol:

No I checked the home page and they're based in Chiba (different city). I was pretty surprised thinking I'd come across the workshop and that it was so small and shitty. They may have some affiliation but this location wasn't listed on the official homepage.
I've worked in worse. In fact, it was a Porsche shop that serviced everything from 356's to the latest 996 Turbos to a Ruf CTR-4 and a 935 race car. The shop in your picture is world-class by comparison.

Last edited:
I've actually studied colours and print too so that's why I'm a bit of a colour-nazi :D
Bear in mind though that picture is taken indoors, if you take the flag out and hoist it, it'll appear a few shades lighter due to the sunlight.

LOL you are nuts dude!

Tokyo Desk Jockey: "Do you have a place to park your car?"
BMW owner: "Er, most of it."
:lol:

I guess they measure the area on the ground, from the property line to the back of the garage and don't worry about whether they have a garage door or how big the garage space is etc. I see stacks of these.

I've worked in worse. In fact, it was a Porsche shop that serviced everything from 356's to the latest 99 Turbos to a Ruf CTR-4 and a 935 race car. The shop in your picture is world-class by comparison.

It isn't that bad, I would guess that the main REAmemiya shop would be a little nicer and probably a little bigger though.

I'm on another roll. A new update, all cars.
Who would have guessed?

Kajun, do they use Swifts in the police down there?

swiftpolice.jpg

3000gtmitsu.jpg

capuccinobrnz.jpg

chasermk2anthr.jpg

hellokittybus.jpg

You would think that with the extra cost of importing a car and the hassle of having a LHD etc, you would pick something a little better than a 1.4 Corsa. I've seen a few of these around and they're all the smaller engine variants, most RHD, but this one is LHD. I had a 1.6 16V and that was fun but there's no way I'd go to the trouble of importing one anywhere.

corsalhd.jpg

evohouseblue.jpg

evowagonblkr.jpg

firebirdbonnet.jpg

rs2501.jpg

rs2502.jpg

uglysuzi.jpg