Volkswagen Mk4 Chav 1.6

Jazz.

lg493e6345f13aa.jpg
?

Although it's still the coupe version.

Yeah, that looks rather like it, although it's a lighter shade of red.

The Music and Entertainment forum is over here, you know. Just in case you wanna, talk about music there, and not hijack this thread about chavmobiles.

Last edited:
Damn.. and here I sit with my ?ber-crappy Golf 3 with twice the age and km's and can't justify to scrape it.

Damn.. and here I sit with my ?ber-crappy Golf 3 with twice the age and km's and can't justify to scrape it.

Does your Golf's engine turn off while driving and refuse to start again?

Does your Golf, if you turn it off to get gas after driving a short distance, refuse to start again unless you wait between 2 and 24 hours?

Does your Golf randomly not accept your car keys?

Does your Golf drink motor oil for breakfast?

Does your Golf Randomly turn on the windshield wipers of it's own accord?

Does your Golf have a broken ECM that will cost ?2500 to replace?

Oh, how I wish I had gotten a Golf 2 or a Golf 3 instead.....

Fix it. Lift a spare off some wreck, post an ad in a local newspaper, do whatever it takes. Don't scrap a perfectly fine vehicle. :shakefist: ;-)

Fix it. Lift a spare off some wreck, post an ad in a local newspaper, do whatever it takes. Don't scrap a perfectly fine vehicle. :shakefist: ;-)

You can't put in a spare ECU off a dead car - they are somehow digitally signed and matched to the car.

And I don't feel like giving any more money to mechanics who say "we don't know for sure what the problem is, but give me 200 bucks, and I'll try something which won't help".

They even say themselves "the ECM for 3 grand will probably help, but I can't guarantee it" - no fucking thanks.

Believe me when I say that's the last time a VW is entering this household.

does the car need to start when you give it to the dealer ?

if no find a dirt road deep into a forest and try to stay below killing self mark, should be great fun, i'd do some human operated launch controls too :nod:, redline it, in short drive it like it's not yours.

you could post some vids with the carnage

does the car need to start when you give it to the dealer ?

if no find a dirt road deep into a forest and try to stay below killing self mark, should be great fun, i'd do some human operated launch controls too :nod:, redline it, in short drive it like it's not yours.

you could post some vids with the carnage

Well, it's gone now, I've been redlining it for the last 3 weeks though.

Anyways, supposedly the car is scrapped, but I've seen documentaries that over 100000 cars have been shipped to africa, so chances are it won't get destroyed, seeing as it's a german car, and they can pass german cars off as "reliable".

At 130,000 km, a Golf should barely be broken in... it's hard to believe it was worthless enough for abwracking it... on the other side, I just read your post from 5:17pm...

You can buy a golf 1.6 ecu off ebay for like 125$, don't scrap a car like this! Who told you that golf ecu's were somehow matched to a specific car..?

You can buy a golf 1.6 ecu off ebay for like 125$, don't scrap a car like this! Who told you that golf ecu's were somehow matched to a specific car..?

I'm sure he would have been just as willing to sell it to you for how much he got for scraping it. He had problems with the car, he didn't want to fix it, car scrappage came, and he got more money than he would have by privately selling it. It made financial sense to him to sell it, so he did.

A VW certified mechanic at a VW certified dealership.

If a company certifies those sort of certifiable idiots then it's all the more reason to no longer support them.

The scrappage bonus was as much as the car would have fetched on the private market, anyways, there are 25 million golfs on the world, all mark 4s are pretty shitty, who gives a fuck if there's one less of them?

It's about the last european car I'd ever be sad over.... I prefer this getting wrecked to a morris marina getting wrecked.

Anywas, I mentioned the car was gonna get wrecked weeks ago (not to mention detailing my problems asking if anybody could help me), and nobody made any effort to convice me out of it.

THE CAR IS ALREADY BEING WRECKED, TRYING TO CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE WILL DO NOTHING.

I would have been very open to any suggestions in the last 2 years of suffering through this car, had any body piped up earlier I would have looked into options, but it's gone now.

Anyways, fuck it, no loss, all the back lights went out for no reason at all while driving on the Autobahn at 1AM. Piece of shit.

Let him scrap it. Judging by all the complaints he has about it it's a lemon and you wouldn't want THAT golf anyway. As much as I find fits more embarrassing than my car at least it will drive :/

Let him scrap it. Judging by all the complaints he has about it it's a lemon and you wouldn't want THAT golf anyway. As much as I find fits more embarrassing than my car at least it will drive :/

Yeah, the Honda thingy is kinda lame, but it's:

• significantly lighter than the Golf
  • a lot more reliable than the Golf
  • just as powerful as the Golf (slightly less torque, being a honda)
  • smaller
  • just as spacious inside
  • doesn't creak whenever you push the dash or the door panels
  • more economical, by 50% or more
  • got a better stereo, with cd, usb, ipod, aux-in
  • costs less tax & insurance (by quite a large margin actually - golfs are expensive to insure in germany)
  • VTEC JUST KICKED IN, YO!
  • got 3 years warrantee, so even if something breaks which I doubt - it's not my problem

Also, I find it no less stupid looking to be driving around in a Honda refridgerator, than it looks to be standing by the side of the road (that's if I'm lucky - most of the time I would have been standing in the middle of a road) with the hood up, getting engine bay grease all over my nice shirt.

Anyways, it's not even my car, I don't even need a car anymore (since I moved into the city a year ago), the only time I'm gonna use it is for utilitarian purposes, ie to get from one place to the next, and even that is pretty rare, because when I'm at my parents in the small town I can ride my bike, and when I'm in Munich I can either ride my bike or take the subway.

Which is why I'm not bothering to make a new thread for it, as I shan't be driving it that much anyway. Also, I have heard that the Honda thingy is quite value-stable, so if we decide to ever get rid of it, we can probably get over half its cost, even after like 5 years.

All in all I'm fairly glad to be rid of the Golf, and to have either rid the world of it or given it to some African who's far far away (I even left a Band-Aid in the glovebox for the Africans - get it!? :p )

Maybe in a few years time when I've either graduated, or at least got a part time job that pays well I'll get myself some kind of cool European car again, but only if I can afford the maintenance - preferably something British or Italian.

This is the second time I hear about 4th gen Golfs being unreliable shitboxes. I find it weird, knowing that it's, well.... a Golf :?