'09 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4

Jens

Car(s)
BMW 116d, W124 250D
Here's my car, I bought it together with my mother :)

1.4 petrol 6 speed ^^
Although it's a Fiat I love it, it's fun to drive and I love the looks.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Nice car! That's the same engine as the Abarth, only with a smaller turbo, right? I like it in 2 doors! We only have it in 4 door trim here.

The engine comes in 95BHP (no turbo) 120BHP, 155 (Abarth) and 180 (Abarth SS) ^^

Grande Punto :rofl:

[EDIT]This could come off as condescending. Just think Grande Punto is an oxymoron, like Jumbo Shrimp. Looks like a great little car.

Last edited:
Grande Punto :rofl:

[EDIT]This could come off as condescending. Just think Grande Punto is an oxymoron, like Jumbo Shrimp. Looks like a great little car.

Yes it is an oxymoron ^^ still it's quite spacious for a small car ;)

Here are some more pics, just washed it ^^

Interior and rims

090801_133557.jpg

090801_134009.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, the sunvisors are rubbish. They're either fully up or fully down, there's no middle ground.

If you haven't figured it out yet, the sunvisors are rubbish. They're either fully up or fully down, there's no middle ground.

I have, but I barely use a sunvisor anyway :) I'm rather tall so I get that problem very often.

I too like the GP, it's really neat and looks good. I don't like that there is no button on the boot and that it's only got one reversing light, and they used to come with those orange seat inserts back in my day but those are all my niggles. I like the interior, plastics are good and the little P-man is cute, I wonder if Fiat made him an homage to the traditional italian driving position intentionally? Luckily you don't need to sit like that in a GP :)

Last edited:
That is a really fantastic-looking little car. Nice choice.

Thanks for the nice comments :p

I am in France right now, some great mountain roads here! Speed limit on these curly roads is 90kmh (56mph)
Although you rarely go over a 100 on those roads ^^

090811_115724.jpg

090811_115859.jpg

090811_115958.jpg

090811_115939.jpg

I too like the GP, it's really neat and looks good. I don't like that there is no button on the boot and that it's only got one reversing light, and they used to come with those orange seat inserts back in my day but those are all my niggles. I like the interior, plastics are good and the little P-man is cute, I wonder if Fiat made him an homage to the traditional italian driving position intentionally? Luckily you don't need to sit like that in a GP :)

Some of my niggles are that the passenger seat tends to squeek when you take bends in a flamboyant way, you can't turn on your mp3-player on the dash, you have to go through the menu by using your steering wheel buttons and I got a tiny little dull spot in the paint on the right side just behind the door, can't take a good picture of it but fortunately Fiat will repare it under warranty :) On the other hand I got used to the no-boot-release-button-thing rather quickly although an Alfa style solution would've been better (boot release under the brand logo) :) I'm enjoying myself here so expect more pictures of great roads in the near future!

Nice- I love sporty little hatches.

Punto..:lol:

It's not a bad car, but the name makes me laugh a bit for certain reasons :p

Because it's fucking hideous?

Very true! Resale value will go up after the restyled one is released :'D
That and I got ?3000 off the sticker price :rolleyes:

Nice car. Good looking, economical, and I think the 1.4L is the best engine in the non-turbo range. I gladly see you have alloy wheels (non alloy look horrible on it and ruin he car).

I don't like the interior, though. At all (I find it cheap, dull and anonymous (which can be peculiar, since I'm driving a German car)) and some parts are cheaply built, like the mirrors, the interiors and some thin body panels.

I heard good things about the chassis, though (grip and handling), I hope it's all true.

Necroing my own thread from a shallow grave.

Nothing new, just some new shots and a proof pic.

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0920.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC0893_HDR.jpg

Proof pic:

DSC_0938.jpg

Last edited: