Post a pic of yourself

While it is a public school, it's likely that the taxpayers are religious and Republicans, who usually dictates how sex-education (and school) is taught.

With CBAE (since 2000) and Title V (since 1996, not to be renewed for 2010) two major federal programs fund abstinence-only sex education in public schools in the US.
As, of course, every federal dollar spent is a state dollar saved, this effectively means that teaching comprehensive sex-ed is more expensive for a state's educational budget.

Last edited:
Since I dug up the pic on IRC, I might as well post it here also... me with hair:

20090819-p4i2yfdjjw5nq9wwdpt8afysw5.jpg

I look very philosophical in that pic... I was probably wondering whether to get beer or gin tonic next :p

3835715998_5357fe7e31_b.jpg

Last edited:
Aww nice, it's like 2008.

Quick, someone post a picture of pedobaer lurking in this thread!

home_alone.jpg

While it is a public school, it's likely that the taxpayers are religious and Republicans, who usually dictates how sex-education (and school) is taught.

I like sex ed the way it was taught to me - presenting most contraceptive methods (including things like watching the calander along with condoms), a persentage for each on how likely they are to work, but stating that abstinance is the only thing that works 100% of the time (and the percentages were fair - there were a couple of methods that were ranked around ninty five percent, though some ranked as low as 30%, like pulling out :rolleyes:)

The sex ed here is quite effective here as well, I still remember it 8 years later.

IF IT'S NOT ON, IT'S NOT ON

^ I still remember "fun with 'Miss Sexy's Squirting Banana'". Sex ed where they teach you how to actually USE a condom, not that it is evil and will

a) give you AIDS
b) make the baby Jesus cry
c) make you go to hell

is good sex ed....
We got to throw out of date pills around the room too, but that wasn't part of the lesson.