Lens Flair

main.php

He used an 8-stop neutral density filter to darken the lens (1/256th the amount of light that would otherwise be let through the lens, if I did my math correctly), a circular polarizer filter to minimize reflections, and set the aperture to f/9.

Usually an ND 8 is a 3 stop (2x2x2=8), at least in my experience.

When I get home I'll post a real HDR, not that toxic crap. I found an algorithm that doesn't clip the highlights, and a nice tone map that just helps me keep some of the shadow detail. That one was a joke :p

Clock, wish I could +1 you for that one. Great shot! Were you staying near that barn?

Thanks...I still don?t fully understand, but I appeciate the effort :lol:

ND filter make things dark, make shutter open longer, ruv you long time

For some reason the rocks look blurred to me, as do the plants...

Could be diffraction or an unstable tripod? Could also be mirror slap.

I think it would be a good idea to try reducing saturation a bit.

:)

^ At f/9, I seriously doubt it's diffraction. Likely mirror slap or some other source of vibration.

I think that the reduction of resolution also softened things quite a bit (wrong algorithm?)

Let me go take a look, but I think it was just Picasa's export as the file looks fine at full res?"#########;
yhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?????

P.S: My kitten says hi.

Last edited:
^ :lmao:

not cropped at all, just sensor dirt removed and levelsed/curvesed. Deer fly I think, it was a big sucker.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/08/21/CRW_0428.jpg

edit: nvm, I don't know my flys, definitely not a deer fly

Last edited: