99' Ford Contour

Either that or maybe somehow use it to finance one + a turbo kit for the beetle (The kit gives 280 HP and that will tear the slushbox apart)

My car used to be an autotragic until a friend and I swapped it out for a fun-speed. It's not hard, but it's best w/a donor car or someone w/the parts...

Now. If you wanna talk to my friend out in Chicopee we can set you up with a full 2.5l SVT (or 3.0l) swap w/5-speed and maybe some cleaner interior parts. You'd have your little SE 'tour sleeper. :)

:shifty: that is a tempting offer....

Until you realize the cost.

For 7K you can get a decent SVT.

Sorry to hear about your dad, katwalk.

If you're able to keep the car, you need to wet sand that headlight with 2000 grit and then go at it with the right polishing compound.

I had to drive my grandma's 97 Contour with a V6 and it was absolutely dreadful. That car wouldn't do 45mph if you dropped right straight off the empire state building.

Until you realize the cost.

For 7K you can get a decent SVT.

you're probably right, which is why I hesitant to bother doing anything to this car. Just fixing it up will probably cost as much as it is worth never mind putting more parts in. It would make more sense to either sell it and put it to something more fun, or put it into the bug as for example a manual swap. Even though it is heavy and slow it's still in pretty good condition all around.

Donate it to FinalGear's Lemons efforts. You won't get any cash for it, but it will go to a good cause :p.

Donate it to FinalGear's Lemons efforts. You won't get any cash for it, but it will go to a good cause :p.

You know what, that's probably a great idea. Even in his uber crazy Dad loved car races and making his old car a Race car would be a great tribute to him

I reed site, now I am wondering if that is good idea. IDK what car is worth and people might not believe it is a 500$ car because it is too shiny. The inside, which would be torn out is awful but the outside is rather sparkle shiny and well taken care off. You look at the car and think "oh this is not bad" then you open the door and the smell makes you dizzy. :(

Last edited:
Nothing you can't fix with a few quick passes with a sandblaster.

Or break fluid.

OH
I know. I can paint it. I could practice painting it for painting my car.....
I still feel almost guilty about this though.....

You could also just bribe the judges. It isn't hard or unexpected (hell I think it is almost mandatory).

No I mean I feel guilty ruining the ruined car. Dur Kat attached to things too easy.

I HAVE MADE A DECISION.
I got my grandmother's car, my cousin lauren got her uncle's car. I think it is only fair that my cousin robby who will be 16 soon will receive my fathers. It will serve the importing place of giving a kid their first cheap car and have the bonus of sentimental value for him. If I clean it out, slap some decent seat covers on it etc. it will be a pretty decent first car for a kid :)

edit: Oh wow, I'm kind of disgusted now. Someone would actually neg rep me for giving my Cousin his uncle's car? That is low as hell. My aunt actually broke out in tears of joy when I offered that to her. Fuck you you low life loser.

Last edited:
I have seen worse interiors. Except for the cigarette burns (which, i must confess, my car has a few of, too) all that "nastyness" will be no problem when attacked with a decent amount of cleaner. Then get some new car scent spray and you're fine. It'll be a weekend of hard (and a bit disgusting) work, but worth it.

gee, nobody ever heard of Ziebart? tidycar that somabeetch!

get some new bulbs and a new passenger light bucket so you can save the pain of sanding and grinding on it.

pass it through a nice touchless carwash and do your own waxing. viola! decent cheap car.