2009 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

People really seem to fancy Hamilton for win/pole, but I'd be careful, this track is VERY aero-ish. Unless, of course, it rains...which it does...
Lol, no one is stopping you to fill up 2 laps of petrol and run a Q3 lap :lol:

But I think McLaren is back.

Lol, no one is stopping you to fill up 2 laps of petrol and run a Q3 lap :lol:

But I think McLaren is back.

They'll do well in Singapore as well. But whether they'll crack the podium on the blasts of Spa, Monza and Suzuka is doubtful... at the moment. Let's see how their pace and consistency unfolds through Friday Practice.

I tihnk Monza could be very good for McLaren. It's good for KERS (certainly at the start), and doesn't require the high downforce that McLaren lack...

I tihnk Monza could be very good for McLaren. It's good for KERS (certainly at the start), and doesn't require the high downforce that McLaren lack...

Monza might throw up a highly unexpected running order. We haven't seen these cars run in low-DF trim at all. And an interesting fact for you: so far, this season, the car that was most regularly the fastest through the speed traps was...

... the Force India.

^^Yeah, I noticed. I think that's just cause they can't manage the downforce, and to increase it would mean huge penalties in drag, so they leave it as it is, lower. And they have the Merc engine. Which is the best.

Come to think of it, has there been any kind of Mercedes engine failure in the past year? I think not, right?

Heikki had an engine failure in Japan 2008, that was the last one I think...

1) Who will take pole and win the race?
Button,Hamilton
2) Will Nico Rosberg be driving a McLaren next year?
He can buy one if he wants.
3) Will Piquet Jr. be driving in F1 next year, if so, which team would you like to see him with?
Yes,Skoda
4) Grosjean or Alguersuari, which will perform better for the remainder of the season?
Grojsean
5) Will Grosjean and/or Alguersuari be driving an F1 car in 2010?
Not at the same time.
6) When do you think Massa will return to F1?
Brazil hopefully.
7) Who do you predict will win the WDC this year?
Button.

Last edited:
1) Who will take pole and win the race,
Hamilton,Hamilton
I should think so.
3) Will Piquet Jr. be driving in F1 next year, if so, which team would you like to see him with?
Yes,Force India
4) Grosjean or Alguersuari, which will perform better for the remainder of the season?
Grojsean
No idea - do not care.
Brazil possibly.
Button - too far ahead, too many hot races left.

Heikki had an engine failure in Japan 2008, that was the last one I think...

Correct. As far as I know, only two Merc engines were "retired", both on Sutil's car: according to F1Technical, one of them ran a few seconds without any oil after the crash in Spain, and one of them was damaged beyond FIA-allowed repair in the shunt in Silverstone practice.

1) Who will take pole and win the race? Vettel, Hamilton
2) Will Nico Rosberg be driving a McLaren next year? No
3) Will Piquet Jr. be driving in F1 next year, if so, which team would you like to see him with? Yes, but I wouldn't like to see him
4) Grosjean or Alguersuari, which will perform better for the remainder of the season? Grosjean
5) Will Grosjean and/or Alguersuari be driving an F1 car in 2010? Grosjean will, not sure about Jaime
6) When do you think Massa will return to F1? First race of 2010
7) Who do you predict will win the WDC this year? Button

1) Who will take pole and win the race? Vettel, Webber (if it rains it will be a good track for Red Bull, and that's if Vettel's car is alright with another engine)
2) Will Nico Rosberg be driving a McLaren next year? I think he would suit better to one of the new teams coming in
3) Will Piquet Jr. be driving in F1 next year, if so, which team would you like to see him with? Yeah, but hell no
4) Grosjean or Alguersuari, which will perform better for the remainder of the season? I don't think they will score points this year because their cars aren't really up to scratch
5) Will Grosjean and/or Alguersuari be driving an F1 car in 2010? They've got potential
6) When do you think Massa will return to F1? I hope it's Brazil, but if I was a doctor, I'd say Melbourne
7) Who do you predict will win the WDC this year? WEBBER!!

Pole: Hamilton Win: Webber (or Vettel....please please let his engine not asplode again!)

I actually think he will...

No, he won't be.

I'll say Jaime Alguersuari ( :cue girlymode: just because he's cuter :wub: )

I think they both will be, provided Toro Rosso don't bring out the ejector button / catapault / guillotine again.

Brazil. Although I don't think he should 'till next year, to make sure he's fully recovered.

I'd love Vettel (now unlikely)l or Webber (maybe more likely) to win it, but I think Button will cling onto a points lead for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:
Pole: Hamilton Win: Hamilton

Here's hoping.

Unlikely.

Grosjean, but both are.... nevermind.

Both.

Testing in 2010.

Button.

UK mania yo !

Pole: Webber, Win: Rubens

No.

No.

Grosjean.

Of course.

He will aim to come back for Monza, but will only be able to make it for Singapore.

Button.

Damn the questions....

CAN'T WAIT FOR SPA!!!!

I'm in Belgium right now and it's been raining yesterday. And now it's cold. Brawn are screwed.

EDIT:

Weekend weather update - showers for Spa practice & qualifying - F1.com
Fans in the pitlane Formula One World Championship, Rd 13, Belgian Grand Prix, Preparations, Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, Thursday, 4 September 2008

Welcome to the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps, the 12th round of the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Despite a heatwave in the Hautes Fagnes region last week, Spa looks set to be wet as showers are forecast for Thursday through Saturday, when the ambient temperature will begin at 24 degrees Celsius and decline to 20, then 17. Race day should be dry with partial cloud and 18 degrees.

The race will run over 44 laps of the 7.004 kilometre (4.352 mile) track, or 308.176 kilometres (191.494 miles). It starts at 14.00 hours local time, which is two hours ahead of GMT.

Last edited:
Is there a link for practice 1-2-3 live stream?