Pizza!

Now then, proper pizza!

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/27/295253146hVSBQb_fs.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/27/4.1242002040.erkan-kebab-hot-mexicana-pizza.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/08/27/matlaadan_kebabpizza_000.jpg

Hooray it became a new page! I am free of the huge pie on the previous page! Post your regions popular pizzas here!

Last edited:
No "proper" pizza has thousand island dressing on it. That stuff should be banned from earth.

Post your norwegian pizza here! No home made pizza allowed in my world-encyclopedia-of-pizza-based-on-a-single-page-in-a-thread-on-Finalgear-quest! Only professional pizza! :nod:

Last edited:
Spicy Italian sausage, prosciutto, Gorgonzola, oregano...wood fired, and as of now gone, but it shall live on forever in 1010101's.
2ymdant.jpg

Now I'm going to have to try out some of that crazy stuff with thousand island all over it sometime. Looks interesting.

Anyway, on the subject of crazy pizzas: I think this thread needs some Chicago-style madness.

IMG_0030.jpg

(Pardon the crappy phone pic...but that's [extra] mozzarella on the bottom, Italian sausage, marinated green bell peppers, and chunky tomato sauce on top. Dusted with parmesan. Mmm.)

Man this is making me want a pizza. So much so I have some dough rising downstairs. Hope it comes out.

I had pizza for dinner tonight as well...mine had an Olive Oil and Garlic Glaze topped with a blend of mozzarella and feta cheeses, grilled chicken breast strips, smoked bacon and topped off with sun-dried tomatoes. It looked like this...

3681746984_07316db219_o.jpg

Edit: If anyone is traveling through Oklahoma City, Tulsa, or Stillwater they owe it to themselves to try Hideaway pizza.

Last edited:
Bump!

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/redbull/2011/04/04/P1120020.jpg

Ham, bacon, cheese, capsaicum, onion, mushroom, pineapple, and a sprinkling of Italian herbs.

2011-03-08%2022.09.17.jpg

2011-03-08%2022.17.33.jpg

2011-03-08%2022.28.33.jpg

if i end up making a pizza...i can't stop adding ingredients, and end up with a 5cm thick pizza...which has to bake for 30 mins...and feeds you for 3 days...

I had this great pizza in Taipei of all places at a restaurant called Alleycats

5548051445_f013c3cdf0_z.jpg

Here's an interesting question for pizza lovers that I've heard quote from more than one source

What to pizzarios here think of the time honored rule (as quote from some pizza makers) that a pizza ideally is about the balance of crust, sauce & cheese and an overburdening of toppings ruins a pizza, and that the most toppings on a pizza should be 3.

As a kid I used to a pizza with a bazillion toppings, but growing up, I've found thats actually not a bad rule as I tend not to order more than 3 toppings on a pizza anyway (I love places that give you the option to go halves doing 3 sets of different toppings on each half so its like getting 2 half pies) but still no more than 3 toppings on a slice.

So do ppl agree or think thats crap.

and some comments from other people who replied to this question:

I've always been an advocate of the trifecta...but usually when it comes to my plate - veg, protein, carb - in that order, so I guess it kinda translates to pizza. Too much of either sauce, cheese, or crust will diminish the quality, but I think that ratio is specific to an individual's taste. I like only a little sauce and cheese...unless it's a real chicago deep dish or stuffed, that changes the game entirely.

Plain cheese/margarita is my go-to, with fresh basil if I have it. Cheese and sausage if I want meat on it, green peppers onions and black olives if I want veg, or just spinach...which most local places add other spices like onion and garlic to.

Yes, if I'm making pizza, I prefer to make a margherita. Maybe 1-2 toppings. For flatter pizzas, I love some fresh basil, flecks of ham (good quality - not prosciutto though...waste of a good cold ham), or even some good mushrooms. I don't care for pepperoni any more (unhealthy and too salty for good pizza...ok for delivery though).

2nd edit: Yes, I agree....too many toppings on a good pizza is bad. 3 should be the max. I think very light amounts of toppings are key, too....unless you're at a restaurant dropping $20 on a fancy-shmancy pizza.

Personally, I don't use more than 3-4 toppings, max. Often just 1-2. I think it all depends on how wells the flavors meld together, and much of that has to do with how much of each topping you put on a pizza.

In the end, it depends on individual taste more than anything.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting question for pizza lovers that I've heard quote from more than one source

:discussion of pizza toppings:

and some comments from other people who replied to this question:
I pretty much adhere to the three toppings and down rule (except for ?meat lovers? type pizzas)... most often it`s chicken, artichoke hearts, and spinach... If I`m not feeling the need for meat I replace with roasted garlic. I also love pizza places that use basil pesto as a sauce, goes well with chicken. I also like additional cheese to go along with the cheese blend....stuff like feta, Gorgonzola, or Asiago.

Personal favorites in town other than the typical chicken, artichoke, and spinach.

Joe Momma`s Pizza - T-Rex

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cl/clockwerk/2011/04/04/3834219306_d73a84491d.jpg

Hideaway Pizza`s- Hideaway Special each slice is a different kind of pizza.
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cl/clockwerk/2011/04/04/3681749210_7e09eca746_z.jpg

I normally hardly ever eat pizza, because I don't like cheese, but I had one of these last night:

amys-roasted-vegetable-pizza.jpg

Without cheese, clearly. That's why it was ok.

But is a pizza without cheese still a pizza?
:hmm:

Nope. it's a baked, open-faced sandwich.

But is a pizza without cheese still a pizza?
:hmm:

Technically not, its basically a vegan approximation of pizza, but i'm sure some soy-tofu cheese substitute can be used to give it cheese like texture for those who can't eat cheese.