Random F1 videos

[youtube]mv3ARjAqioA[/youtube]

Michael about Imola 94. First time I see MS opening up like that...

Yeah, that was before he closed up completely...everytime I see anything about that day, it brings tears to my eyes...

Came across this.. for all you Iceman fans out there.

[youtube]efWQLUu73CQ[/youtube]

The front end grip must have been very good..but it looked ridiculous

I didn't mean in this exact video, but to even try a solution like this, it had to give massively more grip to even consider a car like that..

The P34's layout was, in the end, just a drag-reducing exercise by protecting the airflow from the rotating front wheels. There was no major advantage in terms of mechanical grip, because the contact patch from the four small fronts was roughly the same as the fronts on the regular 4-wheelers.

In the end, the lack of development on the front tire compounds was one of the factors that killed the P34.

The P34's layout was, in the end, just a drag-reducing exercise by protecting the airflow from the rotating front wheels. There was no major advantage in terms of mechanical grip, because the contact patch from the four small fronts was roughly the same as the fronts on the regular 4-wheelers.

In the end, the lack of development on the front tire compounds was one of the factors that killed the P34.

Christ kid .. if you're going to quote everything basically verbatim, at least give credit to those you plagerise.

Your knowledge on this topic is basically here:
http://popandcrisps.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/tyrell-p34-f1-racing-car/

Anyone can google or wiki topics to appear like they know what they are on about...... at least I can say I SAW a Project 34 driven by Scheckter on Wide World of Sports when I was a kid, and still have the original Tomica 'dinky car' version of this car bought in 1977. This car was utterly fucking epic to see in the 70's, period.

Last edited:
Christ kid .. if you're going to quote everything basically verbatim, at least give credit to those you plagerise.

Anyone can google or wiki topics to appear like they know what they are on about...... at least I can say I SAW a Project 34 driven by Scheckter on Wide World of Sports when I was a kid, and still have the original Tomica 'dinky car' version of this car bought in 1977. This car was utterly fucking epic to see in the 70's, period.

What? Plagiarise? :blink: It just happened that I phrased what I knew about the P34 in a similar way to whatever is on the page you linked to.

P.S. I never actually visited that website you linked to.

Okay, if you want to be... erm... somehow... never mind, my knowledge of the P34 and other six-wheelers comes mostly from here: http://8w.forix.com/sixwheelers.html And what's wrong with me trying to learn as much as possible about the motorsport I love, and then post what I learned? :(

Last edited:
:p Yeah, that wasn't plagiarizing, mate, that was just knowing the same stuff. [No sarcasm]

lol you're hilarious.

... at least I can say I SAW a Project 34 driven by Scheckter on Wide World of Sports when I was a kid, and still have the original Tomica 'dinky car' version of this car bought in 1977.

Have_a_cookie.jpg

It just happened that I phrased what I knew about the P34 in a similar way to whatever is on the page you linked to

Yeah, that must be it.

what's wrong with me trying to learn as much as possible about the motorsport I love, and then post what I learned

What you 'learned'? What you reiterate is more like it .... there lies the difference. It's sad you don't see it that way. I see someone at 18 needing the accolades of his peers to underline the expertise on matters you could not possibly have any way of having knowledge of, except from the backs of others that were there witnessing firsthand accounts of the triumphs to document - for you to claim credit for 30 odd years later. That's what annoys me, expecting praise for your brilliance, when you are not any more brilliant than the next guy without DSL and a search engine .......................... and 5000+ posts.

It's like this DaHitch guy giving me a cookie ... thanks, I appreciate that ... but all you got is cookies. You'll recant tales and involve yourselves in heated debates of Senna and Prost, without actually been around to see firsthand any of the races, follow the press with the ongoing battles, read the mudslinging in the morning paper while having your coffee, watch Senna pout back to his Monaco flat ..... all you got is You Tube, Year in Reviews, and someone else telling you how great the era was ... but still ever the expert.

I won't last long around here posting .... I never do at places with so much bullshit from self proclaimed experts of a Sport they picked up 5 or 7 years ago.

I've been with this Sport for over 30 years, but since I don't have 5k in posts, or a following of sheeple, I don't have a sniff of what I'm talking about .... sucks to be me I guess, and that's just perfectly fine.

What you 'learned'? What you reiterate is more like it .... there lies the difference. It's sad you don't see it that way. I see someone at 18 needing the accolades of his peers to underline the expertise on matters you could not possibly have any way of having knowledge of, except from the backs of others that were there witnessing firsthand accounts of the triumphs to document - for you to claim credit for 30 odd years later. That's what annoys me, expecting praise for your brilliance, when you are not any more brilliant than the next guy without DSL and a search engine .......................... and 5000+ posts.

It's like this DaHitch guy giving me a cookie ... thanks, I appreciate that ... but all you got is cookies. You'll recant tales and involve yourselves in heated debates of Senna and Prost, without actually been around to see firsthand any of the races, follow the press with the ongoing battles, read the mudslinging in the morning paper while having your coffee, watch Senna pout back to his Monaco flat ..... all you got is You Tube, Year in Reviews, and someone else telling you how great the era was ... but still ever the expert.

I won't last long around here posting .... I never do at places with so much bullshit from self proclaimed experts of a Sport they picked up 5 or 7 years ago.

I've been with this Sport for over 30 years, but since I don't have 5k in posts, or a following of sheeple, I don't have a sniff of what I'm talking about .... sucks to be me I guess, and that's just perfectly fine.

Wait, wait, wait, I'm not expecting anything like you said there. The fact of the matter is that I picked up on F1 since I was 4 years old, but until a few years ago I had no chance of following the sport as fully as I would have liked. Once I managed to get connected to the Internet properly for the first time, I wanted to see what was the deal with what people were talking about. I don't claim myself as an expert. And I don't want to start a shitstorm by any means.

And what's wrong with being fascinated with an era of F1 that I couldn't have possibly seen as it happened? And even if I had been born to see it, I couldn't have seen it under the Communists.

Final edit: If you want to prolong this discussion, please feel free to do so, but via PM. Let's not pollute this thread any longer.

Last edited:
*a whole lot of shit*
You're suggesting that Vikirad shouldn't talk about something he didn't see first-hand? Shit, I guess we should stop talking about WW2, WW1, hell we better go and burn all of those books about the Ancient Romans!

What relevance does his 5000 posts have? I've only been on this forum for the last season or 2 of Formula 1 but in that time I've seen Vikirad exhibit a level of knowledge that goes far beyond what could be displayed at the end of a heavy Googling session. He genuinely knows his stuff. Even if he did supplement his knowledge by reading up on something, why should that inhibit his ability to post on the forum and share that knowledge with the rest of us. No one here gives a shit about credit or accolades, we're just F1 fans who like to share what we find and discuss everything F1 related.

If you want to join in on that, by all means do, but at the moment you're coming off as the washed-up 40 year old, angry at a world of youngsters who are enjoying a sport that's been around longer than they have.

I can see why you don't last long at "places like this", but it's got nothing to do with a following of certain people, or lack of posts. It's your arrogant, combative and condescending tone that you take with other users for no valid reason.

I'm inclined to say that your problem is not not having a following of sheeple, but your arrogance. Basically wanting to be praised for being an old fart. Whaw, you were there. Congratulations. Good for you. That doesn't make you any more important than someone who just got into the sport recently and is trying to catch up with history.

K bye then :p

Seriously, you don't have to be so demeaning of other people on here, its plain rude. vikiradTG2007, like me, is 18, how are we meant to have followed the sport for 30 years?!? It doesn't give you some high ground on expertise just because you happen to be older! In fact you're easily the most immature person on this thread, for a supposed 40-year-old!

I have spent much of my free time researching the history of the sport and expanding my knowledge as much as I can, so I don't think you have any right to call out people just because they haven't been following the sport for very long. Everyone has got to start at some point!