Random F1 videos

1Fun71 said:
bunch of arrogant shit

You're so full of yourself you wouldn't even take the time to check previous posts and discussions, you simply assume Viki is a dumb 18 year-old trying to look smart and you just lash out at someone for knowing a lot about something at the age of 18 because....I don't know why, maybe being an idiot just comes naturally to you. Viki knows his stuff, you can't handle it, there's the door out. GTFO of this forum and don't come back, anything you'll say from now on will be devoid of any kind of credibility anyway.

Last edited:
Love the made up quotes ... good to know preservation of actual events is in safe hands.:lol:

Viki shot down SchumacherM, twice, for suggesting this car had great grip. Sorry Viki, it really did ... something you probably won't find googling, those tidbits are from people that experienced it first hand, and were quoted in the papers as such, which is where I indicate being around those times has more merit than reading about it past tense. If he actually had 'knowledge' of this like he claims, instead of summarizing something glazed over, he'd know that. There actually was more of a contact patch from the diminished diameter of 4 front wheels as opposed to 2 which were only 3" bigger anyways, and the car had 4 front disc brakes. Unsure if Viki will say this had no bearing on improved performance over 2 disc brakes either. So, when unsure of being challenged on whether or not this car was superior, he turns to an article of half truths, post them as fact, and the wee lad of SchumacherM doesn't say anymore ... the 5K poster has spoken, end of story ... sorry SchumacherM you're wrong, viki's right. This oddity of a car wasn't really meant to race, but did because of the awesome results it produced in testing. Its' debut was made after the 3rd or 4th race of the season, and won it's first and only race a few races later. He doesn't mention that it tallied up a respectable number of second places either, nor does he mention for such an oddity, there were others that tried to follow suit. March and Williams both had a go, and I think it was Ferrari that tried a 4 rear wheel version ... again, I'm sure someone can google it out. Later on, Jonathan Palmer, ex F1 racer, BBC commentator, racing school owner, father of son following dad's footsteps, etc .... used the Williams version of the 6 wheeler at the Goodwood festival of speed hillclimb and won. He was blown away by the grip the thing had, he was exceptionally impressed. The 6 wheelers were banned in the early 80's regardless, another chapter closed, but the turbo era was just around the corner .........

The guy that said something about no longer talking about history if you weren't there ... it's not that at all, it's if you can't get it right, you shouldn't pass on your inaccurate accounts for others that appear to look up to you for them to pass on to their peers. Judging by all the hostility you kids have, he has a good following. If you told the story of the Romans and said it was the Christians that fed the Romans to the lions, or the Jewish imprisoned the Germans in concentration camps, you'd be thought a nutter. Get it right the first time. Go on about me being old and washed up, so be it, I'm glad you all found the fountain of immortality and the belief it won't happen to you. If you honestly think I care about what some 16+ year olds think about me, christ, it's YOU who is arrogant. My life box ( things you should do while you are alive ) is 3/4 ticked off, I hope you all are just as successful, I sincerely do.

The P34 was my moon launch, I was awestruck by it, and still am today. You look at it as an abomination, ridiculous, et al ... but if you choose to speak about it, get it right, not stories you read on the internet from someone that is probably just as misinformed. Read about the brilliance of the real deal, Derek Gardner who designed the Project 34 and how Uncle Ken almost pulled the plug on the project because he was borderline embarrassed of the thing. It was the most secret thing available at the time, no deviants leaking plans to the press or competition. It was a shock when it was unveiled, like it or hate it. It spawned other designers to really think outside the box. Derek was brilliant, concepting a car simply because they were tapped out of conventional thinking. Well Ken, we've done fuck all in the last 3 years ... here ya go. In today's realm, you might as well unveil a hover car on the grid. It was that epic.

You get 20 years on with F1, if its' still around, then think about how you're going to react when someone tells you about some awesome white guy named Lewis Hamilton who drove for Ferrari ... I'm sure he won a championship for them in 08.

I'm sure Viki has it in him to be an Anorak, I really do ... but Anoraks get it right, and don't make up stuff to look smarter than the next person trying to learn. There is nothing wrong in admitting you are not entirely sure, better that than someone else running round quoting your fiction as fact.

/fin.

Love the made up quotes ... good to know preservation of actual events is in safe hands.:lol:

Viki shot down SchumacherM, twice, for suggesting this car had great grip. Sorry Viki, it really did ... something you probably won't find googling, those tidbits are from people that experienced it first hand, and were quoted in the papers as such, which is where I indicate being around those times has more merit than reading about it past tense. If he actually had 'knowledge' of this like he claims, instead of summarizing something glazed over, he'd know that. There actually was more of a contact patch from the diminished diameter of 4 front wheels as opposed to 2 which were only 3" bigger anyways, and the car had 4 front disc brakes. Unsure if Viki will say this had no bearing on improved performance over 2 disc brakes either. So, when unsure of being challenged on whether or not this car was superior, he turns to an article of half truths, post them as fact, and the wee lad of SchumacherM doesn't say anymore ... the 5K poster has spoken, end of story ... sorry SchumacherM you're wrong, viki's right. This oddity of a car wasn't really meant to race, but did because of the awesome results it produced in testing. Its' debut was made after the 3rd or 4th race of the season, and won it's first and only race a few races later. He doesn't mention that it tallied up a respectable number of second places either, nor does he mention for such an oddity, there were others that tried to follow suit. March and Williams both had a go, and I think it was Ferrari that tried a 4 rear wheel version ... again, I'm sure someone can google it out. Later on, Jonathan Palmer, ex F1 racer, BBC commentator, racing school owner, father of son following dad's footsteps, etc .... used the Williams version of the 6 wheeler at the Goodwood festival of speed hillclimb and won. He was blown away by the grip the thing had, he was exceptionally impressed. The 6 wheelers were banned in the early 80's regardless, another chapter closed, but the turbo era was just around the corner .........

The guy that said something about no longer talking about history if you weren't there ... it's not that at all, it's if you can't get it right, you shouldn't pass on your inaccurate accounts for others that appear to look up to you for them to pass on to their peers. Judging by all the hostility you kids have, he has a good following. If you told the story of the Romans and said it was the Christians that fed the Romans to the lions, or the Jewish imprisoned the Germans in concentration camps, you'd be thought a nutter. Get it right the first time. Go on about me being old and washed up, so be it, I'm glad you all found the fountain of immortality and the belief it won't happen to you. If you honestly think I care about what some 16+ year olds think about me, christ, it's YOU who is arrogant. My life box ( things you should do while you are alive ) is 3/4 ticked off, I hope you all are just as successful, I sincerely do.

The P34 was my moon launch, I was awestruck by it, and still am today. You look at it as an abomination, ridiculous, et al ... but if you choose to speak about it, get it right, not stories you read on the internet from someone that is probably just as misinformed. Read about the brilliance of the real deal, Derek Gardner who designed the Project 34 and how Uncle Ken almost pulled the plug on the project because he was borderline embarrassed of the thing. It was the most secret thing available at the time, no deviants leaking plans to the press or competition. It was a shock when it was unveiled, like it or hate it. It spawned other designers to really think outside the box. Derek was brilliant, concepting a car simply because they were tapped out of conventional thinking. Well Ken, we've done fuck all in the last 3 years ... here ya go. In today's realm, you might as well unveil a hover car on the grid. It was that epic.

You get 20 years on with F1, if its' still around, then think about how you're going to react when someone tells you about some awesome white guy named Lewis Hamilton who drove for Ferrari ... I'm sure he won a championship for them in 08.

I'm sure Viki has it in him to be an Anorak, I really do ... but Anoraks get it right, and don't make up stuff to look smarter than the next person trying to learn. There is nothing wrong in admitting you are not entirely sure, better that than someone else running round quoting your fiction as fact.

/fin.
You keep banging on about the P34 when the fact of the matter is that if you would've simply corrected him we'd all be smarter without the hostility. But no, you attacked him for being 18 and daring to speak up about your precious P34 and F1. How dare he?!

Fact is, we all need sources of information, the internet is the biggest and most comfortable, but it contains some mistakes. Viki read up on the subject at hand and brought in that knowledge. This is exactly what I do about things that interest me and I'm sure I've had some mistakes passed on to me. Does that change the fact that I have an opinion in the matter and am allowed to share it? Correct him by all means just don't attack him for trying to learn and broaden his knowledge base.

Also you keep calling us others who stepped in his "flock". A herd of sheep following the 5K posts guy. But what's more important here is that the people in this forum have been discussing F1 for about 2 years, we know each other and it doesn't matter which of us you'd attack, you'd get the same kind of response. Then again, I wouldn't expect you to understand the concept of friendship... Apparently you seems to think there are only leaders and the following sheep.

You simply attacked him with the arrogance and self righteousness of an ass hole. We don't like or need that around here.

Last edited:
So...anyone up for tea?

:mrgreen:

I don't know what to say =) I like being challenged in my F1 knowledge. If nobody ever opposed me, I'd still think Senna drove a Minardi. And that is not good.
I see what 1Fun71 is saying, I agree wiht him and everyone made their point well.

But vikiradTG2007 enlightend me, since my knowledge about 6 wheelers was about as big as a microbe. I thank him for that, even if he copied that and never read it. I myself am too lazy to search for that kinda thing.

So, I think this has gone a bit too far and it's time to end it =)

And FYI I don't give a toss about the amount of postsor of those rep thingys someone has. I'll agree or fight him ( verbally ) no matter what. ;)

Last edited:
Erm, 1Fun71, so why do you come here and scream then ?

Theres more places where you can do that ie. AutoSport. :lol:

Keep this up, 1Fun71, and Quiky will join the fun...:)

...it will be fun for us then anyway...I'm not so sure you'll like it... :p

/fin.

Here here.

Oh, I got my first neg rep for my post before on this thread, I feel oddly recognised :D.

Anyway, back to Random F1 videos. This is the opening sequence to Polish television's F1 coverage...its not exactly The Chain...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ18WSWd3I4[/YOUTUBE]

The best thing about it is that someone put that music over this sequence and thought "Yes, this works!".

Last edited:
Oh, I got my first neg rep for my post before on this thread, I feel oddly recognised :D.

Anyway, back to Random F1 videos. This is the opening sequence to Polish television's F1 coverage...its not exactly The Chain...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ18WSWd3I4[/YOUTUBE]

The best thing about it is that someone put that music over this sequence and thought "Yes, this works!".
:blink:

Wtf did I just see/hear?..........

I'm incredibly embarrassed to know that it's the theme song for The Bold and the Beautiful...

(the credits with that song always run late before the 5pm news here!)

I'm incredibly embarrassed to know that it's the theme song for The Bold and the Beautiful...

...I knew as well :lol:...

Ah Ok, just googled it.

How its ended up as the music for the Polish F1 coverage, though, is anyones guess!

/fin.

The only thing that I have to say is: You should have corrected me from the first moment, not attacked me for posting something which wasn't exactly right. :|

Also, regarding the Williams 6-wheeler, wasn't the fantastic grip more from the lengthened ground effect venturis, the "perfect ground effect" as I think Patrick Head might have called it, rather than the 6-wheel configuration?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmiX_64ZXxc[/YOUTUBE]

They are clearly both bullshitting, but I think it's great (especially Mika) :lol:

that video is pretty cool, and the one with cabs also nice, wish they made more of those.

I really can't imagine Kimi doing crap like this :D He'd be just icy thru the whole thing only opening his mouth to let out the CO2 and may occasionaly muddle up some words. =)

I really can't imagine Kimi doing crap like this :D He'd be just icy thru the whole thing only opening his mouth to let out the CO2 and may occasionaly muddle up some words. =)
Reminds me of that photocopier ad thing he did with JPM :lol: