2009 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Bari's engine is bleeding!

KIMI WINS! SO HAPPY!

FUCK YES KIMI WON!!!

Sniff Petrol:
Well done Raikkonen. Meanwhile, Badoer completes lap 16.
:lol:

Great drive by Kimi, but Fisichella was godly today. He deserved victory, the KERs was a shame...

as for penalizing Kimi, he did plan on running wide to gain positions, and that's hardly fair. But still, it's great to see him win again...even if he is in a Ferrari...

Sniff Petrol:

Awesome sniffpetrol!

And a great win to Kimi! He always livens up on Spa :p

And truly fantastic for Force India and Fisichella to be all the way up there!

About time Kimi got a win again :D

Excellent!

KIMI RAIKKONEN!

:woot::woot::bow::bow::thumbsup::clap::love::thumbup::cheers::cheers::dance:

And well done to Fisi toooo! And Vettel on the podiummmmm! YES YES YES YES YES!

Woot.. I'm so chuffed with the result. Kimi is the true master of this track.

Kimi went straight for the champers again :D

He really made my day, I'm enjoying my last days of holidays before school and he really made me a happy man =)
Can't wait for Monza, cause aerodynamics will play an even smaller role, so Kimi could do great again with KERS.

And please all of the anti-Ferrari poeple, leave us alone to enjoy at least one good result and don't start with his mistake at the beginning.

And please all of the anti-Ferrari poeple, leave us alone to enjoy at least one good result and don't start with his mistake at the beginning.
I'm not a big fan of Ferrari, but I really like Kimi, and I am happy when he wins. Me questioning things simply comes out of fairness: I see drivers getting penalised for bagatelles when other get away with much more important incidents. I don't want Kimi to get a penalty, I just want to understand why he doesn't get one for things like this when other drivers do.

Last edited:
Well, Webber got a stupid penalty today, but Kimi didn't gain anything, he just fucked up. And if he stayed on track therem he would hit someone..

The start of the race was great, everything was happening, Toyota screwed up the race, Alonso's wheels are playing up again, that crash after the straight..

SPA always gives a great race. Today was amazing. =)

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of Ferrari, but I really like Kimi, and I am happy when he wins. Me questioning things simply comes out of fairness: I see drivers getting penalised for bagatelles when other get away with much more important incidents. I don't want Kimi to get a penalty, I just want to understand why he doesn't get one for things like this when other do.
Because first of all in the past a lot of other drivers have done the same thing and did not receive penalty or were questioned about fairness. And second, Kimi was pushed outside of the corner so he turned that disadvantage into an advantage as he had to do all he can to make up for that disadvantage. Third, they are racing and the first lap is usually hectic; unless no contact or unfair pushing/blocking happens then let them race.

Kimi didn't gain anything, he just fucked up. And if he stayed on track therem he would hit someone..
He went into the corner as 4th and came out as 3rd, so I'd say he did gain something. And of course, he did good in leaving the track to avoid a collision, I am by no means criticising that. The problem I have is that he used the situation to gain an advantage over his opponents, which he only was able to do because he did not try to get back on the track as quickly as possible.

You can't go back there because there is a bump between the asphalt and the kerb...he would lose it. And that area is designed to join back just as he did. =)

I just watched the start of the race again. It was pretty clear to see that Kimi didn't even try to get the turn and rather took a very wide line with maximum momentum to go off the track and accelerate without having to fight his opponents directly.

Last edited:
I understand your reasoning, but I could clearly see a driver being penalised for this. Leaving the track and gaining an advantage in the process usually is in for a penalty. I agree that things always are messy in the first few corners, but I have seen much smaller incidents being penalised. Also, most of the F1 tracks simply do not enable drivers to do this, because they do not have run-off areas with tarmac which enable you to actually out-accelerate an opponent.

Usually going wide in the first corner and gaining places does not give you a penalty. It's often seen on lower positions in places where there are tarmac runoffs (first corners at Hockenheim and N?rburgring immediately come to mind). It seems to be the name of the game and good on the stewards for keeping their line on the matter consistent (for once).

Anyway, fantastic result for Kimi and even more fantastic drive from Fisico. It was incredible following the lap times, top two running 0.7 seconds from one another and setting equal lap times down to 1/1000th of the second was amazing.

Usually going wide in the first corner and gaining places does not give you a penalty. It's often seen on lower positions in places where there are tarmac runoffs (first corners at Hockenheim and N?rburgring immediately come to mind). It seems to be the name of the game and good on the stewards for keeping their line on the matter consistent (for once).
Agreed, but none of those tracks give you the opportunity to accelerate outside of the track to gain an advantage. In Spa, a very narrow corner is followed by a long (more or less) straight with a run-off-area with tarmac running parallel to it.

Let me rephrase my thoughs: if this would have been Hamilton, I wouldn't have been surprised if the stewards had penalised him for it.

Last edited: