The "New Toys" Thread

Nice job Thraxes :)

My SSD is now installed and it's stupid fast. :D I recommend it to everyone! Things just zoom and woop and schupp in Windows!

crystalmark_m225.jpg

woot! palm pre! they have to get a move on and get it to europe asap so I can buy one or I'll have to go for the iPhone

/edit

btw, how is the battery life? I heard some pretty bad things about it.

Last edited:
Nice Palm Pre!!!1!

woot! palm pre! they have to get a move on and get it to europe asap so I can buy one or I'll have to go for the iPhone

/edit

btw, how is the battery life? I heard some pretty bad things about it.

The battery life isn't too bad, it lasts me the whole day (16 hrs). If you set up push email and instant messaging those two things will kill the battery quickly. The way I have it set up works great for me. Here's my boring home screen:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cv/cvrefugee/2009/08/31/palmprehome.jpg

This my new old toy. I ditched my terrible LG Dare and went back to my trusty LG VX8600. You can tell its 3 years old, its slow and somewhat "simple" but as a phone it easily surpasses the Dare. Only 6 more months until I can get an actual new phone :rolleyes:

lg_vx8600.jpg

Got a whole load of new toys. Discipline to save up all the cash required and my not all that great fondness of regular TV helped. I make TV (broadcast engineer) I don't watch it so there was no rush. I stayed in the same apartment I had as a student and am gradually remodeling it.

Upgraded from old (read shit) second-hand, hand-me down furniture and a tiny ancient Daewoo TV. Student dorm look out, decent comfort in :)

i11665_CIMG0024.JPG

Panasonic TH-P42S10E, 42" FullHD 400Hz Plasma... image quality trumps power consumption, especially as I mainly use it for movies and some gaming.

ummm....any particular reason to be watching Bolt

^strange, I would use the opportunity of a dead cellphone to get something completely different instead of the exact same one

maybe i'm speshul

I looked at others, but there wasn't anything I wanted more in that price range.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/po/polly/2009/09/02/DSC_0089.JPG

+

wdfScorpioBlue_BEVT.jpg

Think I'll need some time to get used to all the new buttons and the warm, glowy feeling of supremacy.

This my new old toy. I ditched my terrible LG Dare and went back to my trusty LG VX8600. You can tell its 3 years old, its slow and somewhat "simple" but as a phone it easily surpasses the Dare. Only 6 more months until I can get an actual new phone :rolleyes:

lg_vx8600.jpg

wut was wrong with the dare? my mom has one and it feels alright

Got this a couple of weeks ago, still haven't taken it out of the box :p
Slowly getting parts for a new system, so I want it fresh and new when it's done. :D

Attachments

• acer_mon.JPG
    acer_mon.JPG
    947.5 KB · Views: 69
Got this a couple of weeks ago, still haven't taken it out of the box :p
Slowly getting parts for a new system, so I want it fresh and new when it's done. :D

I'm doing the same thing. I'm staging everything as it rolls in to take one big photo of it all before I start assembly. :p Such geeks. :lol: I know it's going to bite me in the ass though...I'll bet one critical component is delayed, and by the time I get everything opened, I'll find something wrong, and it'll be past the return date. :p

I've been toying around with building my own computer, mostly for driver sim games, how much do you think it would put me back?