Pretty keys

Secondly: A hair band on there! That's an awesome idea!

Seriously, that idea's just great! Long hair too over here.
I can now see why some people would consider women to be superior to men. :think:

Anyway, my keys. They're not on my keychain because me and my dad share the bikes.
090903mkays.jpg

Yammy on the left, Beemer on the right.

Last edited:
That's better, you don't have to kill the engine every time you want to look under the bonnet. What is it with newer Fords and the bonnet lock? It's not like somebody will steal your engine!

My humble little key.
3883122747_8524d79b95.jpg
3883122653_df16e1b110.jpg

The ST has the same key design and it is awful, it feels very cheap and I can actually pull it apart with no great force or using something in the gap to pry it open. It doesn't look as though it should belong to such a car.

Suppose it only feels flimsy coming from the Volvo which had the chunkiest key every, and it felt good...

http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/1820/screenshot20090903at103.png
(not my pic)

Before the Volvo though we had a Golf Estate which had the flick blade style keyfob, and combining the flick with a James Bond style locking of the car (as previously shown on an early series of TopGear) was a formidable force, but people did find it weird.

^ Are you talking about the one where you hold your car remote up to your head? Or something else.

^ Something else, when Clarkson and Hammond were sitting next the the computer in the studio (circa series 1 or 2), discussing different ways of unlocking or locking a car, such as the sprinkler, or the Bond, they also mention something about keyless entry too.

Can't find exact episode or video at the moment.

They had the head-as-range-extender bit in that episode too, though. :p
I've seen it recently, must've been season 3.
/edit
First episode of season 3, in fact.

Last edited:
A hair band on there! That's an awesome idea! Whenever I need one I never have one.:(

Seriously, that idea's just great! Long hair too over here.
I can now see why some people would consider women to be superior to men. :think:

Well then, I'm sure you two can work out a manly way to carry your hair elastics on your keys then. Start an international trend!

Mine are big ugly spoon looking things because I had to get them made up as by a guy in a van because I broke the last intact Subaru one in the lock :(

They were very expensive though :lol:

Whoa that looks really fragile. Do you ever worry about snapping it?

It's actually pretty sturdy, I don't know what I'm going to do when the battery runs out because I've tried getting it open in the past (just out of curiosity) and failed miserably.

Indeed I make good threads.

Indeed.

It's actually pretty sturdy, I don't know what I'm going to do when the battery runs out because I've tried getting it open in the past (just out of curiosity) and failed miserably.

Indeed.

Dude you gotta slide the back (the bit without the buttons on off). I used a pair of scissors. It also helps to use a small coin to twist beteen the two bits to loosen it. You need to be quite forceful. If you fail again I'll post pictures.

1068_reg.jpg

I like the Kangoo's key. One thing I like about it, is it is simple and no fuss, whilst also being a nice shape to hold.

http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/6866/ebay028l.jpg

It just has 'Renault' embossed on the back (no colouring) in small and very subtle text - not going 'LOOK AT THIS CAR WOO'.

And another thing I noticed, is when I turn the key in the ignition, it is at the right angle and is an easy shape to hold and turn, whereas the Fiesta I learned in (so was stalling a lot more) had a square VAG style one (Audi were the original and best of these) and was always at the wrong angle, making it more awkward to turn the key.

Dude you gotta slide the back (the bit without the buttons on off). I used a pair of scissors. It also helps to use a small coin to twist beteen the two bits to loosen it. You need to be quite forceful. If you fail again I'll post pictures.

Thanks for the tip, used the scissors and it came off easily. They don't tell you these little tricks in the owners manual.
3884084535_9ccdd912f3_o.jpg

My keys.

http://img193.imageshack.**/img193/8825/dsc0472s.jpg

Going clockwise from the Land Rover keyring:

Drivers door key, pertol cap padlock key, house key, rear door key, garage key, steering lock key and ignition key. Yes, I have a different key for every lock on the thing.

Big chunky black head with a Ford logo on the Focus key. Stock ZX2 key has a black head (but not nearly as chunky as the Focus') and the longest blade I've ever seen on a key. I could stab someone to death with it. The copy of the ZX2 key I carry has a plain metal head. I also have about a billion other keys to cars I don't even have any longer, mostly in the "just slightly smaller than a house key" all-metal form factor.

i think the euro civic has a massive key too, the actual fob feels tiny in comparison to the sword sticking out of it...... some clever users managed to custom make flip keys though, because honda were being cheap and wouldnt!