This years TG special venue

chan625

Has Top Gear mole given any clue regarding where boys gonna go camp in holidays this year?
I firstly thought it might be somewhere in africa considering 2 of them went on a visit earlier this year but thats hardly a clue

I think they should reconsider moon as a venue...remember they werent allowed to test ferrari there....now they can compensate

any guesses from you guys? (and gals if any...not being sexist)

Reactions: MWF
That's an interesting question. I have no idea but I like the idea of them going "on holiday" again.

Welcome, BTW.

Well, Jeremy just got back from Quebec with his family. It's a "mysterious coincidence" that the show's trips often closely follow his family vacations. I don't know WHY they'd go there though.

Well, Jeremy just got back from Quebec with his family. It's a "mysterious coincidence" that the show's trips often closely follow his family vacations. I don't know WHY they'd go there though.

Think of the hilarity when they try top speak to a Quebecois copper who's just pulled them over for speeding in their Canadian built cars.

Wait! Wut?

:canadian::canadian::canadian:

Think of the hilarity when they try top speak to a Quebecois copper who's just pulled them over for speeding in their Canadian built cars.

Wait! Wut?

*snicker* You're assuming the cops will notice, since everyone speeds and drives badly...well, in Montreal, anyway.

not only in montreal

How about Helmand Provence by Tank?

or failing that somewhere in India (Northern, examples Jammu + Kashmir or Uttar Pradesh, its a umm interesting place to be on the roads)

Not really a holiday as such, but I would love to see how the lads, James particularly would handle the Mad Cow Roundabout.:p

not only in montreal

:D I guess I just saw more of it in Montreal. Although the best example of bad driving I saw was when I was in Jonquiere - there was a car stopped at an intersection waiting to turn left, and another car quickly came up behind it, passed it, and then turned left in front of the first car.

At first I thought I was hallucinating! :lol:

Has Top Gear mole given any clue regarding where boys gonna go camp in holidays this year?
I firstly thought it might be somewhere in africa considering 2 of them went on a visit earlier this year but thats hardly a clue

If you mean Jeremy and Richard, they were in Johannesburg for TG Live/MPH 2009. That doesn't really count. Plus, they've done a special in Africa already (Botswana); the only way I'd want them to return is if the lads didn't go there themselves... but their better halves did. ;)

As Fly pointed out, the specials locations sometimes coincide with Jezza returning from holiday somewhere (last year it was Vietnam). That said, I don't know what's in Quebec. On the other hand, they could go next door to Ontario...home of the 401. Sixteen lanes (eight per side) of sheer mayhem. They've not been to Canada since 2007...and that was to go to the (1996 Magnetic) North Pole.

any guesses from you guys? (and gals if any...not being sexist)

There are quite a few of us here who are not dudes. However, not all the gals around here have pink usernames. :D (In this thread, aside from Buffy and me, Capra and Fly are not dudes, either.)

Not really a holiday as such, but I would love to see how the lads, James particularly would handle the Mad Cow Roundabout.

Is that worse than the Arc de Triomphe?

Is that worse than the Arc de Triomphe?

Not as bad as the Arc, but it's down to knowing where to go rather than how to get there without being killed to death :p

It's not as bad as it was now, but it still requires a lot of concentration and you need to be completely sure where you want to go.

Sense of direction is pretty vital there, huge roundabout linking the N7 to the M50, Limerick to Dublin, Luas line going round it.

My Dad has been left scratching his head over it many a time, and he has been on that route dozens of times over the last 10 years.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bu/buffy09/2009/09/05/google_earth_2.jpg

Thanks for the pic! Looks pretty brutal. I once (and only once) negotiated Gravelly Hill - AKA Spaghetti Junction - and ended up in the wrong county.

i like the idea with those crazy roundabouts!
they could do a challenge with that... something like "who can get the other's lost in their chosen roundabout and not fail himself" or something like that...

I think they'll manage that to be honest, having been here. That's 2 main roads, 2 motorways, various local roads, two railway lines, two rivers and three canals.

Thanks for the pic! Looks pretty brutal. I once (and only once) negotiated Gravelly Hill - AKA Spaghetti Junction - and ended up in the wrong county.

I used to be able to see (and hear) that from my bedroom window during my brief time in Birmingham. Just one of several reasons why I didn't stay at that house very long...