Random Thoughts....

I had to wear jeans to work through the hottest days of the summer because they keep the building so damn cold with air conditioning...

It's not the air con, (it's Ireland :p), some loo-la has opened the window and there is a freezing cold draught blasting at me, and my pants are wet from walking around in the rain (I walked home from UL in the rain, realised that I had forgotten my key and was locked out, and had to walk all the way back to UL to wait for Dad to finish...which is hopefully in a couple of minutes...

I cracked under pressure and finished another chapter of Dead Space..! Only 2 more to go, I hate myself! :x

I'm filling out a "pre-interview questionnaire" for a job and have 2 questions left I can't answer. I hate these pointless BS human resources derived questions.

When I applied for a job at Best Buy (among 50,000 other retail type places), one of the questions was "Do you prefer to spend time at home alone, or go out with your friends."

When I applied for a job at Best Buy (among 50,000 other retail type places), one of the questions was "Do you prefer to spend time at home alone, or go out with your friends."

That is on most of the tests, and most of the test consist of similar questions only 20 pages of them. Really deters me from filing out applications often.

Have I mentioned I have ALL OF THE BEARS NOW BTW?
P1000690.jpg

OMG THAT IS ALL OF THE BEARS

Yes, there were 25 pages of multiple choice personality questions like that, but that one struck me as being particularly unrelated to a job application.

See, these things are ABSURD! What kind of answer are you supposed to have for these people? How is this relevant? What do you want to hear? This one wants to know why I'm looking for a job. Um, really isn't that obvious? How do I answer that? They've also asked all these stupid strength/weakness questions and other HR BS. I have a deeeeeeep hatred for all things HR. I'm also stuck on "what are your career goals" mostly because I don't have any and firmly believe they're pointless anyway since all "goals" do is get screwed over.

All shades from white to brown?

edit.

Personally I wouldn't employ a person who can't fill in a few page questionnaire or cracks under the pressure while doing it. Also I think people with no goal in life have no motivation. I'd rather hire a motivated employer do the job and not some slacker who can't wait before he gets home and does the job in a rubbish way.

Although, I got to say I'm not in a position to employ anyone so take this as some random thoughts.

Last edited:
political situation in Honduras in a nutshell

WARNING: BEST VIEWED IF YOU UNDERSTAND SPANISH AND ARE ABLE TO WITHSTAND CRAPPY TV

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JY4NqVgQ5w&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

katwalk, in regards to you post, awww bears. what sort of bears are you collecting

I just got blocked in to the slowest drive-through lane at the bank by some moron in a giant truck.

Other lanes opened up, and Jim Bob the Stupid behind me still wouldn't budge. Even put my car in reverse. Nope. Nothing.

What should have been a five or ten minute transaction has taken me about twenty thanks to the mind-numbingly stupid fool behind me.

Wow. Animal Farm is just an awesome book.

Fear and Loathing next!:)

Also, I have a little tickle in my throat and I am paranoid that I may have caught something :(

I just got blocked in to the slowest drive-through lane at the bank by some moron in a giant truck.

Other lanes opened up, and Jim Bob the Stupid behind me still wouldn't budge. Even put my car in reverse. Nope. Nothing.

What should have been a five or ten minute transaction has taken me about twenty thanks to the mind-numbingly stupid fool behind me.
You live in Texas! Why didn't you shoot him?

I cracked under pressure and finished another chapter of Dead Space..! Only 2 more to go, I hate myself! :x

I can only warn you, once you finish the story will make even less sense than before.

Just found out that my laptop's warranty is actually still valid :blush: :D

Hopefully a good service will fix most issues (and temporarily hold off the expense of a new laptop).

When everybody has guns, no one wants to use them ;)

This is the for real truth in a way even we southern, 1st amendment quoting, gun toting Americans can't conceive of. Never in my life have I felt safer than the 5 weeks I spent in Israel where (very nearly) the entire country has spent time in the service and people wander around with quite large guns openly slung over the shoulder. Only "the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots" picks your pocket in an environment like that. You just have to worry about things like bombs. Meh.

(Gold star if you can ID the quote.)