Idiocy claims another victim...

Stupid chirpy sales manager tried to intercept me on the way to meet with the owner, dealership manager and their lawyer. He 'assumed' that if they gave me a new X-Type I would go away.

:rofl:

Wow, that really sucks. I have no doubt you will ensure you are properly compensated though.

This is also why even with my cheap crappy cars, I still only let other people drive it when I am present.

Sorry Spectre, that really sucks man. I'm not sure I even want to see pictures, it was such a beautiful car. :(

Well, we may have a solution here. We have a potential replacement, they are checking to see if they can satisfy my requirements with it and some parts they may have in stock.

If an Infiniti dealership totaled my Q45t, everyone who recieved a check from that dealership would be cadaverous. My rage could not be suppressed.

Oh man you have absolutely ALL of my sympathies. Best I can tell from around here, you're a stand up dude. The shitheads never get the shit. I hope everything works out as best they can. Serious, serious kudos on holding your temper.

Stupid chirpy sales manager tried to intercept me on the way to meet with the owner, dealership manager and their lawyer. He 'assumed' that if they gave me a new X-Type I would go away.
Bonus points if he opened with "hey dude, I heard you're in the market for a new car!"

This is indeed terrible, ball-busting, Hulk-smash news... but I have a feeling, judging by the vagueness of your recent "they are checking for me" posts, that you are being sorted out just fine.

Just got the phone call I didn't want to hear. I left the XJR at one of the local dealers both as a favor to them (they wanted to borrow it to drum up interest in their pre-owned cars section) and to have a routine service performed on it (as I didn't have time this week.)

Well, one of the idiot younger salesmen apparently didn't listen to the manager about 'that car out there is on loan and you are NOT to drive it, ever," somehow cadged the keys and he took it to a late lunch today. And apparently totalled it - seems he had no idea how to drive a car with 455rwhp.

I don't know the details yet, but I am heading over there now to find out what the hell happened. And yes, the salesman has already been fired.

Dude holy shit. That sucks beyond anything. I do not like to see rarer cars bit the dust, especially by morons. This wouldn't be Millenium motor cars in Plano would it? I drove right by that dealership today and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I hope they give you everything you want--and could you throw that useless X-Type my way? I'll take a freebie with a Jaaaaaaag badge. :D

Well, we may have a solution here. We have a potential replacement, they are checking to see if they can satisfy my requirements with it and some parts they may have in stock.

don't worry people, he's got a new LWB XJ8

Sorry to hear mate. How are they going to compensate you ?

If they find a replacement XJR, ask for the X-Type as well. You still have that crane, cargo container, and Marina, right? Double feature. :p

Damn that blows.

Like you said, at least it wasn't the one-of-a-kind you are currently working on. Let's hope the salesman is banished to a XJ40 for eternity.

what's wrong with a XJ40?

Damn, Spectre, and I thought I was having a bad week.

You can tell they are scared as hell the way they are firing people and filing criminal charges against their own - and they should be. This is the type of thing that could bankrupt a dealership in these hard times if you decided to sue.

I hope they find you a fully loaded replacement car - and they better fucking eat the tax and title on it too.

/I think we need a FG Militia to deal with fucktards. Spectre's case is at the top of the list, but at some point we need to work down to the two women who have hit me in the past year or so.

Last edited:
I think we need a FG Militia to deal with fucktards. Spectre's case is at the top of the list, but at some point we need to work down to the two women who have hit me in the past year or so.

Assuming the ATF doesn't come in and stop us.

Holy shit.

You're taking this (at least, seem to be) very well.

Needless to say I'd never go back there, with such carelessness.

Hopefully they give you a replacement that's got as much, if not, more stuff than before.

what's wrong with a XJ40?

Um...we'll tell you when you get older. Right now Uncle Spectre isn't in the mood for answering those kinds of questions.

(just search Spectre's other posts for a hint)

Now this, this is where you murder with lawsuits. Demand an E-type. They have murdered your car you deserve an E-type.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that, Spectre. Nothing can ever replace a car that you put a lot of money and work into.

If the dealership is indeed Millennium Motor Cars, they don't need this on top of the trouble they're having with their distributor. And if they offer you a stake in the dealership, don't take it.

Last edited:
:( sorry Spectre... poor Jag. If it had been my MX5 I would've likely beaten the idiot to a pulp.