Sandwiches!!!

Banh Mi FTMFW.

I love Banh Mi! I used to have them a lot when I was in San Francisco. A French roll stuffed with meat and veggies for $2-3 - it was unbeatable!

While we're talking about sandwiches, has anyone ever seen the WQED/PBS documentary "Sandwiches You Will Like"? It's an incredible program all about different specialty sandwiches all over the US, including a lot that have been featured in this thread. A word of warning, though - you will want to do a road trip after watching the program. And unless you live in the middle of the country like Punisher Bass or Dogbert, that's just not feasible.

I'm sure there are some torrents out there, but I'd recommend buying the DVD if at all possible - it's definitely worth it, and you'd be supporting Public Television.

On a regular sandwich, though, I always have one request: lots of mayo. The real stuff. And yes, I can tell the difference and will cry foul if you try to slip me Miracle Whip.
If Miracle Whip is poor man's moynnaise, does that make it America's answer to salad cream?

Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich

pulled_pork_sandwich.jpg

this thread makes me so hungry everytime i see it...
and then i realize i can't possibly make and eat all those awesome sandwiches at the same time...

it's a cruel world!

Yummy! Only thing is, you come from Tennessee, and any BBQ you could possibly have there is inferior to Kansas City BBQ. :tease:

Yeah, but he's close enough to North Carolina to get the real deal.:tease:

I love all barbecue - except maybe Texas.

Okay BBQer's, please agree to disagree or this thread is gonna get ugly real fast!

I think BBQ fanatics are worse than Chili fanatics when it comes to "who's better".

Same here. I love all barbecue - except for those places in Texas that don't even have silverware. (It's tradition! Yeah, well, crapping in a hole used to be tradition too - but we moved on and invented indoor plumbing. Now give me a @#*&$ng fork!)

Free heart bypass with every purchase.

I love Banh Mi! I used to have them a lot when I was in San Francisco. A French roll stuffed with meat and veggies for $2-3 - it was unbeatable!

While we're talking about sandwiches, has anyone ever seen the WQED/PBS documentary "Sandwiches You Will Like"? It's an incredible program all about different specialty sandwiches all over the US, including a lot that have been featured in this thread. A word of warning, though - you will want to do a road trip after watching the program. And unless you live in the middle of the country like Punisher Bass or Dogbert, that's just not feasible.

I'm sure there are some torrents out there, but I'd recommend buying the DVD if at all possible - it's definitely worth it, and you'd be supporting Public Television.

I remember seeing that on PBS many many many years ago. Then one day a couple months ago, I was in the local library for god knows what reason, when I saw that DVD in the return bin. Boy, I was all over that DVD like a fat kid on a cake.

Warm flatbread with feta cheese, tomato, and cucumber (the end bits at the edge are going upstairs to my guinea pig). I'm not a huge meat eater, but it'd be absolutely wonderful with some thinly sliced turkey or chicken as well.

100_3494.jpg