The F1 Technical Developments Thread

135029.jpg

^^ :love: I just love the way every part coming out of the MTC is beautiful. No other rear wing looks that good.

You got to rep me for that; I used a gazillion nano-seconds to compute the possibility of the acronym "MTC" in relation to someone who has Lewis in both avatar and sig.

:lol:

Ask and thou shalt recieve. Good guess ;)

^^ :love: I just love the way every part coming out of the MTC is beautiful. No other rear wing looks that good.

Function over form. But I'll give it to them that they always have those extra details, and they'll need to get all the problems with this years car sorted for the MP4-25?

Can anybody explain to me how anti-stall works and why some drivers have it kick in at the wrong moment or does it depend on a driver at all. It seems millions are spent on cars aerodynamics to get extra 0.5 per lap but then anti-stall drops you to the back of the grid like Hamilton and Rubens today.

Can anybody explain to me how anti-stall works and why some drivers have it kick in at the wrong moment or does it depend on a driver at all. It seems millions are spent on cars aerodynamics to get extra 0.5 per lap but then anti-stall drops you to the back of the grid like Hamilton and Rubens today.

It's basically a system that detects when the engine is about to stall (when the revs drop too low and the engine is under load). It then engages the clutch automatically. After that, it releases the clutch again. So anti-stall on the grid is caused because too much load is put on the engine on too low revs. Or the system itself has a problem and wrongly predicts when the engine is about to stall. :cool:

It's like you try to take off with yur car, you slowly release the clutch pedal, but with too little gas. And it dies-stalls. Your car can be started with a key in a matter of seconds, but an F1 car cannot be.

So anti-stall watches over and if it senses you aren't giving it enough gas it uses the clutch and stops you from looking like a dork stalling a car. =)

Last edited:
Because they're nervous and excited and tense?

How heavy is the car without driver and fuel and tires? How heavy is each tire? And how expensive?

Also, Renault twice have had retirements due to the 'spinners' on the front wheel. What exactly do they do? channel air into the front brakes?

Last edited:
Force India have literally "deleted" parts of their wing :lol:

136499.jpg

Also, Renault twice have had retirements due to the 'spinners' on the front wheel. What exactly do they do? channel air into the front brakes?

Channel hot air through the rim and out of the front brakes, improving brake cooling and the efficiency of the brake ducts.

Also :roflmao: at FI's partly deleted wing.

Flat as a pancake .. :D This should be interesting..

Flat as a pancake .. :D This should be interesting..

Weirdest thing is that the front wing looks the same. It looks very unbalanced to me. But mabe the this isn't the Monza front wing...