Autoblog: The Koreans are at it again! Kia Forte Koup starting at $16,595

GREAT ! another korean car they pasted together form design bits someone else came up with......
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*has to be tied down from the exitement in order not to go preorder one right now*

[/sarcasme]

It would be a huge improvement over your current car. :p

So this is handsome and Civic-esque, and the new Honda Crossdresser is a mess that rivals the Kia Rondo in pure unattractiveness.

Did someone switch the design teams somehow?

GREAT ! another korean car they pasted together form design bits someone else came up with......
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*has to be tied down from the exitement in order not to go preorder one right now*

[/sarcasme]

I don't get why people always have to complain about the Koreans of copying other designs. Pretty much ANY manufacturer these days design cars that look pretty much alike. The Jaguar XF for example shares a lot of design cues with the Lexus GS. The Lincoln MKS has a similar rear taillight design as the Maserati Quattroporte. The Volkswagen Passat CC is pretty much inspired by the Mercedes Benz CLS-class. The Honda Crosstour is a mix between a BMW X6 and Joseph Merrick. As for Kia, it's good that they are at least giving an effort to design some cooler looking cars.

Last edited:
Dull. They should built the Exceed instead, but as a coupe.

Hehe, they're ripping Honda off so bad. Looking at the color options for the two different trims shows an orange color that is specific to the Honda Fit/Jazz Sport model only. The blue color looks close the Honda blue as well.

It looks... ok.. but for that much on the price the interior is far inferior to what the competition offer.

Do not want.

I like it, great looking car. And as long as it can get into the 7s in 0-60 with that manual and it gets decent mpg it should be a good car. And I don't give a fuck if it looks similar to another car unlike the lot of you. There are alot of cars that look like others or have design cues from them as well.

Thanks for posting. :D

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

[/sarcasme]

Serious? Says the guy with a Dodge pickup truck that looks like basically all other pickup trucks. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've noticed how many of the haters tend to own cars a lot less interesting, fun, or just plain worse than the ones they are bagging on. Time to grow up a little, maybe?

Koup. What a rubbish name.

Yeah, I've noticed how many of the haters tend to own cars a lot less interesting, fun, or just plain worse than the ones they are bagging on. Time to grow up a little, maybe?

To be fair, a lot of the times the car you'd like to own and the car you do are different due to budget and personal needs.

On the other hand, Cowboy there is driving a Dodge Ram in Belgium, so there's really no excuse.

I wonder which publication will be first to use the pun "Koup d'Etat."

:unsure:

I believe it's FWD.

To be fair, a lot of the times the car you'd like to own and the car you do are different due to budget and personal needs.

On the other hand, Cowboy there is driving a Dodge Ram in Belgium, so there's really no excuse.

No, its simply a lack of class and perspective IMHO.

No, its simply a lack of class and perspective IMHO.

In some cases, yes, like if you're driving a Dodge Ram in Belgium (or really anywhere where it's clear a lot of effort has been gone through to get an inferior product). Not all of them though.

Of course, I generally like the Forte Koup - apart from the name, and Kia's terrible ads as of late which will probably tarnish it - so why am I defending people who diss it?

Last edited:
Every now and then the Koreans and the Japanese come up with a car you actually consider buying.

But strangely enough those are all individual pieces:

- Either the follow-up model is completely redesigned again (seems like the Asian mentality likes to do it all over again in a different way all the time), so you cannot make out any reationship with the predecessor.

- Or there is no follow-up model at all despite the success and cult status the car has achieved during its production period. That's not exactly how you bind people to you.

Consistency is the keyword. For some reason Asian carmakers seem to be unable to do a consistent development of a car model over the years. At some point it looks like they get bored with it, throw it all over board and start with something new -- or forget about the thing completely. Strange for people who are all about traditions.

I'm sure many here can name Japanese cars, for which they would have loved to see development and/or follow-up models. But they never came.

Why? It's like they're always working on deliberately destroying their ideas and successes, instead of establishing them more and more for the future.

This way they will never achieve the status and recognition of European and (some) American car makers. The inconstistency prevents it. They will always be seen as mass producers of boring cars.

Honestly: I was really surprised, when Nissan revived the Z series (with something that of course had nothing in common with the old Z cars) and then replaced the 350Z with a similar looking car!!!.

"Wow", I thought, "They actually tried to keep the philosophy this time and went for steady improvement".

Maybe, just maybe this time they can stick to it and resist the temptation to throw away, what they achieved, for something new in a few years.

But frankly I doubt it.

Last edited:
a cheap affordable sports-like fwd car ... nothing wrong with that ... rather have this than the ceed to go to work in

a cheap affordable sports-like fwd car ... nothing wrong with that ... rather have this than the ceed to go to work in

That's like saying "I prefer the measels over having swine flu" :lol: