Andy doesn't like cowboy clampers

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Top Gear producer Andy Wilman gave a statement last night on behalf of presenters Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond saying:

?The only thing which shocks us more than the behaviour of the cowboy clampers is the fact that the Daily Mail even needs to take action to curb their outrageous antics.

?There should have been legislation on this years ago. We all know stories about how they operate. They are scum.?

http://lesbonner.mycouncillor.org.u...ed-to-take-action-against-any-of-its-members/

If they ever start clamping cars here, Im going to start keeping a battery powered angle grinder in my car.. Fuckers.

Here they just lift them and take them away. I timed them once, only 3:42 minutes

I can't believe that with all the new rules new Labour has brought in they did not get round to sorting out clamper's.
Is it true when they tried to use wheel clamper's in France the nation stood together and damaged them all?:clap:
Also TG and the DM agreeing on somthing i wonder if the devil is skating in hell.

Amen to that, I got stung by some of these rougue scumbags after they failed to put up adequate signage warning of clamping in a free car park.

Amen to that, I got stung by some of these rougue scumbags after they failed to put up adequate signage warning of clamping in a free car park.

How do you get clamped in a free car park?

You exceed the maximum stay (as listed on the sign you didn't see) or park in a reserved space (identified as such on another sign you didn't see). Then you spend 18 months going through the courts, as a friend of my fiance's did, because you're bored of finding bailiffs and other assorted hardmen on your doorstep.

If they ever start clamping cars here, Im going to start keeping a battery powered angle grinder in my car.. Fuckers.

:rolleyes:

No need. Entirely aside from the charges of property destruction, that's just a bad idea.

They usually use some of the cheapest and crappiest locks available. You can often pick them with a paper clip and a screwdriver.

Best to take a digital picture of the removed-yet-intact boot and relocked lock afterwards (in your empty parking space) and call the boot owners to tell them that "your man didn't lock it properly" and where they can pick up their property.

:rolleyes:

No need. Entirely aside from the charges of property destruction, that's just a bad idea.

They usually use some of the cheapest and crappiest locks available. You can often pick them with a paper clip and a screwdriver.

Best to take a digital picture of the removed-yet-intact boot and relocked lock afterwards (in your empty parking space) and call the boot owners to tell them that "your man didn't lock it properly" and where they can pick up their property.

or you could be the guy that got his car booted in front of his house, jacked it up and rolled it into his garage.

Yeah, but he got in a world of legal hurt, then got gag ordered. Far better just to leave them on the street, relocked, and tell the owner that they should probably come get their boots.

That's what Angle Grinder Man is for;
06ange.jpg

So you get clamped in London, a guy in a superhero outfit comes out and removes it for the publicity, and you leave the property damage charge to him and drive home free. Win.

That's what Angle Grinder Man is for;
06ange.jpg

So you get clamped in London, a guy in a superhero outfit comes out and removes it for the publicity, and you leave the property damage charge to him and drive home free. Win.

[youtube]zGQMq3hNv-g[/youtube]

Epic.

We actually got clamped once here in the US. They used one of the cheap ones that lets you access the lug nuts. Big mistake.

We quickly changed the tire and drove out of the carpark with the guy chasing us. Once we were on public property we stopped and offered him a chance to get his clamp off before we left.

You exceed the maximum stay (as listed on the sign you didn't see) or park in a reserved space (identified as such on another sign you didn't see). Then you spend 18 months going through the courts, as a friend of my fiance's did, because you're bored of finding bailiffs and other assorted hardmen on your doorstep.

Yep. One little unclear sign on a wall in a bit car park saying the maximum stay was 2 hours leads to a nice clamp which makes a mess of your alloy wheel and costs you ?60 cash. Winner.