Food! [The thread that started this section]

good god, why don't my brownies ever turn out that dark!?
those look awesome!

Because you don't use dark chocolate coco powder! I've gotten really sick of milk chocolate and won't eat or cook with it.

this mornings breakfast (after a late saturday night):
apple- / banana-pancakes :mrgreen:
SNV81419.JPG

I just had dinner with my cousins today, and decided to try the chili peppers they have there all the time. They were thin, long and green (santaka peppers, maybe?), and HOLY FUCK THEY WERE HOT.

I think I want more of them now! :D

Thin, long and green are Jalapeno... the mildest of the mild. o_O

Noooo......jalapenos are short fat and thick. The exact opposite of what you described. Either that or maybe you Slovenians get some fucked up retard kind of jalapenos.

I just had dinner with my cousins today, and decided to try the chili peppers they have there all the time. They were thin, long and green (santaka peppers, maybe?), and HOLY FUCK THEY WERE HOT.

I think I want more of them now! :D

isn't it funny how that works. Oh god oh god it burns but i can't stop eating them.

Noooo......jalapenos are short fat and thick. The exact opposite of what you described. Either that or maybe you Slovenians get some fucked up retard kind of jalapenos.
Oh, right, right, just got them mixed up. Was thinking of Anaheim. Which are also mild. :p

I had some take-away just now ... and let?s have a little game ...

Guess what this is supposed to be ...

http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/5849/tikkichow.jpg

It?s supposed to be Indian. This is supposed to be Chicken Tikki Masala. And it was absolutley AWFUL! I had stuff from that indian Restaurant before and it was always good. But that was just bland. Chicken in Red water with patatoes kind of sums it up. I could do better with some chicken and an generic sauce from the store! Oh man! I?m never going there again! And the worst part ... I?m stil hungry! ARGH!

Last edited:
I was going to guess a frozen Budget Gourmet Sweet and Sour chicken sort of thing. Looks horrible.

That's an awful looking Tikka Masala.

Such a thing is so variable though, I mean I know all the curryhouses in my city that do a decent curry but I also know of lots that are awful - until you get a chance to try them all you never really know what you're going to get. Eventually you find the jackpot, the perfect Indian that never lets you down.

Mine knows my voice and gives me a free bottle of wine :lol:

I do find that the best places have a man who genuinely cannot understand you and vice versa over the phone - it leads to uncertainty as to what you are going to receive (sometimes leading to a pleasant surprise) but I've found broken English and heavy accents to yield a better chance of success.

[...]I do find that the best places have a man who genuinely cannot understand you and vice versa over the phone - it leads to uncertainty as to what you are going to receive (sometimes leading to a pleasant surprise) but I've found broken English and heavy accents to yield a better chance of success.
:lol: good strategy though. But Indian cuisine is not as common over here than on the isles. If I want to eat Indian, I have like 3 local choices ... and they are all run by thailanders or pakistanis, so technically - it?s never "real" indian food anyway. But the one I got that from used to be quite good for my taste. Maybe they?ve got a new cook ... who sucks.

Breakfast! Pancakes, sausage (South Korean Flag???), and my coffee. Notice E39 mug I've had for 10-11 years.

f2319f.jpg

Ugh....I hate those kinds of breakfast sausages, they taste terrible. It's so hard to find British style sausages here for me like the ones I used to eat when I lived in Liverpool.