Just got back from the Dunes: Jeep's F'd

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
So for the past week me and a few friends went down to oregon and totaled a few cars.

He ended up hitting a deer on a secondary highway in his 323 and while sand duning I cracked a header (possibly two) and put my clutch way out of adjustment. (my car won't engage reverse anymore unless I shut it off)

I had a super fun time though and was really impressed at how well my Jeep did. I only got stuck 3 times mostly due to my lack of 4x4ing talent and the fact that we were driving on retardedly tight ATV trails in... well... not an ATV. :?

I'll post some pics up later in the PYC thread maybe.

But in the mean time... I need a new DD. I'm going to take the Jeep off the road for the winter and fix my misdoings and try to do away with some of the body rust on it.

I've been looking at station wagons. More specifically cool station wagons.

I've found a few. Caprice Wagons and a Dodge Aspen Wagon.
But I figured you guys might have some insight on what is good out there.

My criteria is:

~$2000
Must seat at least 6 (prefered 8-9 seaters)
Must have some sort of cool factor (I can't stand driving bland cars)
~20mpg's would be nice
Reliable is also a factor that would be nice to have.

READY!!!! GO!!!!

El camino? :p

I'd be so down... and I am looking at one. But I kind of want more than two seats and Elcos usually go for more than $2000.

Volvo 745 turbo with 2 additional seats in the back. I hate Volvos, but for your application it would be perfect. :)

Would you consider a van? I'm thinking flat black, side exhaust, red wheels. Maybe A-Team style.

:stupid:

Big wagon's with lots of seats are generally pretty expensive, while you could do an early 80s van really cheap.

You know what I would suggest. But other than that I like the El Camino idea or the GMC van.

I reckon you'll buy another 4x4 though, you'll miss the ability to go off road.

I'm not looking for another 4x4... I'll still have the Jeep.

As for the van... I don't really like van's. I always feel like I'm about to fall asleep in them. And sorry to everyone who loves volvo's. But around here... volvo's aren't cool. (unless it's like a super old one)

I'm not looking for another 4x4... I'll still have the Jeep.

As for the van... I don't really like van's. I always feel like I'm about to fall asleep in them. And sorry to everyone who loves volvo's. But around here... volvo's aren't cool. (unless it's like a super old one)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbHEPbS9ZeU:rolleyes:[/YOUTUBE]

1967%20volkswagen%20bus%20vanagon-714556.jpg

Next.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbHEPbS9ZeU:rolleyes:[/YOUTUBE]

let me refrase that. $2000 volvo's aren't cool.

And as much as a VW van would make so many people I know go crazy with joy... my answer is no. They are slow as turds and impossible to find without rustholes or mold.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWLFGPl1Kdk[/YOUTUBE]

as cool as that would be... I don't think you guys are getting the $2000 budget thing here.

So for the past week me and a few friends went down to oregon and totaled a few cars.

He ended up hitting a deer on a secondary highway in his 323 and while sand duning I cracked a header (possibly two) and put my clutch way out of adjustment. (my car won't engage reverse anymore unless I shut it off)

I had a super fun time though and was really impressed at how well my Jeep did. I only got stuck 3 times mostly due to my lack of 4x4ing talent and the fact that we were driving on retardedly tight ATV trails in... well... not an ATV. :?

I'll post some pics up later in the PYC thread maybe.

But in the mean time... I need a new DD. I'm going to take the Jeep off the road for the winter and fix my misdoings and try to do away with some of the body rust on it.

I've been looking at station wagons. More specifically cool station wagons.

I've found a few. Caprice Wagons and a Dodge Aspen Wagon.
But I figured you guys might have some insight on what is good out there.

My criteria is:

~$2000
Must seat at least 6 (prefered 8-9 seaters)
Must have some sort of cool factor (I can't stand driving bland cars)
~20mpg's would be nice
Reliable is also a factor that would be nice to have.

READY!!!! GO!!!!

I believe I told you by PM I didn't believe you would keep the jeep for more than a few months!

I was right XD

I would say... van.

I'd say Caprice wagon or if you search hard enough a Mercedes wagon. There was an AWD Mercedes wagon in Victoria a week or s back for $2500. A nice clean AWD diesel mercedes wagon has always been on my list of practical dream cars.

Theres always the Accord wagons. Reliable, somewhat interesting for a Honda and should keep money in your wallet for working on the jeep.

I'm sure you know as well as I do that finding a car that meets your criteria for your price is going to be hard, particularily in Vancouver where everybody thinks their rusty old heap is worth five grand. Just don't jump on the first car that you kind of like.

^ Don't worry, I plan on being smart about this one. I really want to get something that I can have as a DD while I work on the rest of my shit I tend to collect.

I believe I told you by PM I didn't believe you would keep the jeep for more than a few months!

I was right XD

I would say... van.

No, I'm keeping the Jeep. Just parking it. I just cleared out the garage, and might I say it fits like a glove.

well, that's in philly... but this is in Vancouver, and quite similar... what do you guys think?

Wow...I could neg rep so many of you guys, for hating Volvo's...but I won't...'cos I'm bigger than that :p