Need For Speed: Shift

Any tips on settings for the controls? :D

I went with 0% deadzone on steering and accelerator and 5% on brakes. I set the sensitivity on steering up to 80% and left the other two at 50%. I'm not entirely happy with the throttle but the steering is great now.

Edit: Thrustmaster RGT Clutch Edition Wheel btw.

Anyone got tips for the 360 controls ? I want to love this game, but if I can't sort it out today, its going back to the store to be used as a deposit on Forza 3. The amount of glitches (in the 360 version) is shocking ...

only buggy stuff ive found is that when i turn shadow on high the game crashes <.> and installed nvidia sli update for shift and it crashed but managed to revert it, but sli seems to work now.... 8800gts x2 sli

I went with 0% deadzone on steering and accelerator and 5% on brakes. I set the sensitivity on steering up to 80% and left the other two at 50%. I'm not entirely happy with the throttle but the steering is great now.

Edit: Thrustmaster RGT Clutch Edition Wheel btw.

Thanks! I'll make sure to try them out later!
I have a Logitech Driving force GT.

Gamespot Review: Only a 7?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/dri...228602/need-for-speed-shift-video-review?hd=1

I haven't played the game yet, but is that review true and does the game really deserve only a 7 from Gamespot while IGN gave it a 9?

Different sites have different rating measures. Some sites list 5 as average, and some list 7 as average, etc.

Personally I don't really pay attention to the score, just the points of the review.

EDIT: I just downloaded the PC demo. It would be great, but the steering is delayed. I really hope that's not a problem on the Xbox.

Last edited:
Different sites have different rating measures. Some sites list 5 as average, and some list 7 as average, etc.

Personally I don't really pay attention to the score, just the points of the review.

EDIT: I just downloaded the PC demo. It would be great, but the steering is delayed. I really hope that's not a problem on the Xbox.

I would think that Gamespot and IGN have similar rating systems, since they're the top 2 gaming sites.

Bought it for 360 and have been playing for a few hours. Fine tuning the controls is an absolute PITA!!! On the default settings, playing the game on the pro physics setting is damn near impossible. Who thought putting the shift buttons on the should buttons was a good idea? I've been trying to get the steering so that its not wildly uncontrollable above 100mph but its very difficult. I have the deadzone at like 14% to get rid of slop in the joystick, but that means I have to make fairly large movements to get it to do anything so I have to set the steering sensitivity down by a lot so it won't swerve as soon as it recieves input. Its very frustrating that they released it like this....

Aside from that, its a really good game. Fix the controls EA!! As it sits, its *almost* unplayable with a 360 controller at the highest difficulty.

(Forza veteran speaking)

edit: Hooked up a different controller that's in better shape and turned the deadzone and sensitivity both down to 8. Plays much better now. Brakes next...

Last edited:
The USPS is failing hardcore. 4 days so far to get from LA to the Bay Area. Could be longer. Come on! It's like a 6 hour drive for Christ's sake! When UPS took my Xbox from here to Texas, the hardcore driver did it in one shot according to the tracking site and got there in like 2 days. It was just standard ground!

Grrrrrr...

Last edited:
Mclaren F1

:-O

It makes scary noises. The SL65 tried to torpedo me in the first corner, missed and got stuck in the sand.

I must say: The AI in this game is downright horrendous..

I thought the AI was quite good. They seem to drive like you do, so if you start ramming your way through, they ram you back, but if you are racing cleanly, so do they. It is also the only game I have played where the AI gives you room if you stick your nose up the inside going into a corner rather than just slamming into you.

came across a cheater in shift now.... championship finale (duel) and he could drive before the green light and at the speed of light..... <_<

I thought the AI was quite good. They seem to drive like you do, so if you start ramming your way through, they ram you back, but if you are racing cleanly, so do they. It is also the only game I have played where the AI gives you room if you stick your nose up the inside going into a corner rather than just slamming into you.

I have been rammed straight off the track by opponents that didn't bother braking several times.. And i don't ram my way through either i prefer clean overtakes!

I have been rammed straight off the track by opponents that didn't bother braking several times.. And i don't ram my way through either i prefer clean overtakes!

If you try to divebomb them coming into a corner, sometimes they will try to defend their position...by not braking and running straight off the course...its happened several times :lol:

Alright, i've managed to get my head round the handling and mapped my wheel as well... in normal racing its mostly fine, i've set it to a near zero dead zone and 5% on braking and throttle. But in drifts anytime i touch the throttle or steering it flies off at 80% revs and almost full lock one way, i've tried coming in slowly and fast, nothing works, not even the handbrake... do they expect you to fiddle with the sensitivities for everytime you need to drift?