Random Thoughts....

My driving test involved parallel parking between two metal poles. You touch a pole, insta-fail. Parallel parking's easy though, but then my car's small and I could see how it would be an utter bitch in a boat.
Same here except we use real Poles - they're cheaper. (No offense intended chaps).

^ :lol:

I had to parallel park for my driving test, touched the curb on the first go, got it perfect on the second try.

Well, bad news.

One of my friends who is attending Kansas State and joined a fraternity just got fucked by hazing. They had him drink a liter of whiskey in less than an hour yesterday morning, and now he is lying in the ICU. I don't know his condition, nor anything else about what happened, but.... Seriously. I feel bad for him, but it is his own fault for drinking that alcohol.

Well, bad news.

One of my friends who is attending Kansas State and joined a fraternity just got fucked by hazing. They had him drink a liter of whiskey in less than an hour yesterday morning, and now he is lying in the ICU. I don't know his condition, nor anything else about what happened, but.... Seriously. I feel bad for him, but it is his own fault for drinking that alcohol.

Wow that is brutal, hope he makes a speedy recovery. Hazing can be a nasty thing in Fraternities and is definitely the result of "group think". I hated it when I was hazed, so by the time I was a senior we had phased most of it out of my fraternity.

Wow that is brutal, hope he makes a speedy recovery. Hazing can be a nasty thing in Fraternities and is definitely the result of "group think". I hated it when I was hazed, so by the time I was a senior we had phased most of it out of my fraternity.

Yeah the Fraternity I'm rushing literally said the first day that there would never be any form of hazing whatsoever, except eating extreme sour warheads.

^ :lol:

I had to parallel park for my driving test, touched the curb on the first go, got it perfect on the second try.

I nearly kerbed it once today while practicing today, was almost in position when I think I nearly got my right-rear up on the kerb. Had to repeat the move twice, got it right on both following attempts. If the space isn't confined to barely more than your own car length, it's a matter of the perfect angle.

Well, bad news.

WTF. :blink: One liter of whiskey? That's a terrible thing to pull on somebody. Hope he gets better soon.

Well, bad news.

We had a fraternity at U.Wyo that tried hazing with alcohol a couple years ago. They were removed from the University :lol:

Hope your friend pulls through fine. And I'd expect that frat will be having some problems quite soon as well.

The Poles have 40 odd years of communism to overcome so I do not begrudge them - many had to stay here as they would have been killed had they gone home following WWII. We had a lot of Polish named children in school.

Yeah the Fraternity I'm rushing literally said the first day that there would never be any form of hazing whatsoever, except eating extreme sour warheads.

Which Fraternity are you rushing?

Which Fraternity are you rushing?

Delta Tau Delta. I like the guys the best of the ones I've gone to, and I seem to fit in the best there.

Also, the warheads thing is a joke btw

WOOOOOOOO

After 20 days wait, my vintage Marantz quad receiver is finally supposed to arrive today.

I thought that national fraternities are not allowed to do hazing, am I right?

Also, one liter of whiskey in one hour is stupid and dangerous. My personal limit is half a liter, that's when I stop remembering stuff. If he drank a good kind of whiskey, then he should be ok...after some intense stomach pumping. But since it's a dumb fraternity thing...they probably used a cheap brand of whiskey. I hope he gets well...and gets smarter.

I thought that national fraternities are not allowed to do hazing, am I right?

Also, one liter of whiskey in one hour is stupid and dangerous. My personal limit is half a liter, that's when I stop remembering stuff. If he drank a good kind of whiskey, then he should be ok...after some intense stomach pumping. But since it's a dumb fraternity thing...they probably used a cheap brand of whiskey. I hope he gets well...and gets smarter.

It's illegal, but it doesn't stop them. I know for a fact that the big party frats (ie Sigma Phi Epsilon) do it anyway. I would guess his parents are going to claim it was forced on him and sue the frat, and it is going to get hit hard. I doubt he will take much of any penalty for underage drinking.

I just had a thought...

You know the way if someone is explaining something that isn't that complicated, or at least they don't think it is, and say "It's not rocket science"?

Well...what to rocket scientists say?

*I'm in a very random mood today :p*

The poor guy can't probably stand even the smell of whiskey from now on.

I just had a thought...

You know the way if someone is explaining something that isn't that complicated, or at least they don't think it is, and say "It's not rocket science"?

Well...what to rocket scientists say?

*I'm in a very random mood today :p*

There's this brilliant Mitchell and Webb sketch pondering a similar question, of what happens when a rocket scientist meets a brain surgeon.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I[/YOUTUBE]

The poor guy can't probably stand even the smell of whiskey from now on.

I was like that with vodka for about 6 months when I was 16. Thankfully, I got better and now I have no problems drinking vodka:)

Well, bad news.

No, it's not his own fault. Fraternities have this groupthink mentality that preys on the desire of pledges to join a great group of friends, which results in them doing fucked-up things like this. When your friend gets out he needs to contact his college's IFC to get them to start an investigation, as well as the fraternity's official headquarters about the situation. That sort of behavior is unacceptable

A bunch of kids from a Colorado chapter of my fraternity got busted after they demolished a motel room - so something like this is even worse. They could have killed your friend, and at the very least some brothers need to be investigated.